//ArrowChat Code
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Xt550 trike conversion build thread

plevib is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Got some more stuff in today. For now I got the seat recovered

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by plevib; 03-24-2018 at 02:20 PM.
    Atc 500x for the win! (Hopefully.... one day)

plevib is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I've never used plastidip on anything before but I know paint would crack on these fenders with how hard I'm gonna lean on them.... so I'm trying it out. We'll see how it looks

HondaRidr is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I'm excited to see this coming together. It's one of the more unique builds on here

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

--
    Quote Originally Posted by HondaRidr View Post
    I'm excited to see this coming together. It's one of the more unique builds on here

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    Thanks man, me too! Getting to the final stretch.

I should be like tearing the bike down and finishing welds but I couldn't resist a teaser of the final product haha. After this picture I took the tank back off and went flat black. (Should have went with my gut in the first place haha) The semi was way too glossy. Looked weird against the plastic.

--
    You could paint it flat black with gloss sides like where the decals would go that would give it a different look
    If its on the internet its got to be true they can't put any lie's on the internet

--
    Quote Originally Posted by big specht View Post
    You could paint it flat black with gloss sides like where the decals would go that would give it a different look
    Meh... too much work hahaha. It'll be covered in mud 10 minutes after I get it running anyways haha. I don't believe in trailer Queens!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by plevib View Post

Looks like the exact LED lights we are going to use in my Tri-Z! We bought 8 lights for a crawler loader and when they came they slipped inside the headlight shell. Thanks for the pic on how you mounted them!

Really nice build! Your getting to all the details to make this perfect!

--
    Looks much less impressive now.... haha.... had a couple hours tonight. Got the top end apart, looking good so far. The cam chain tensioner is stripped. I ordered a replacement and a new chain. Bore looks so so but I think I'm gonna leave it alone. Cam is in very very nice shape, valves look fine. Lots of carbon, looks like this thing has been running rich which is always better than the alternative haha...

--
    Impressive fab skills and work so far plevib! Keep at it.
    Red Rider's Sand Machine Updated 07/23/14

--
    Well... that sucks. I got the engine tore down, cleaned all the big components (I ordered a ultra sonic cleaner for the smaller parts cuz they suck to clean). I found that the counter balancer keyway was wallowed out. I figured I could grind it larger and fit a bigger key in it. So I moved on. well I was checking the bearings to make sure I didn't get any sand in them and.... found a bad one. Looked closer and it was caused by a crack in the case. So both of the cases on this engine are trash and I only bought a left side replacement. But on the bright side I found a set of cases with a damaged left side AND a counterbalancer for 70 bucks! Couldn't be more perfect or cheaper for my situation. So I unfortunately won't get the engine built this weekend like I was hoping.

So the replacement cases are on order and since this sets me back anyways I ordered a set of rings too. I found oem for 40 bucks so I figured "while I'm in there" applies here haha.

So I'm switching gears to the frame this weekend. My goal is to finish welding, paint, and hopefully have a roller at the end of the weekend

--
    Gussets are done! As is the steering stop. Looks almost identical to my 84r turning radius. All the frame welds are done. Supper break and make sure there's nothing I'm forgetting then off to paint! So freaking excited!

--
    A grinder and paint. ......

Well, you know the rest

--
    I decided I could see the linkage possibly causing my bracket to flex or bend so I added a couple more bolts.

That's the difference between an engineer and a fabricator. An engineer says "how can I make this cost efficient and light and still accomplish the task?" A fabricator says "meh, I'll just add some more metal there to stiffen that up...." haha

--
    Back in black

--
    Got a roller. Hopefully all my motor parts come in this weekend

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //