//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Xt550 trike conversion build thread

plevib is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Maybe everyone's eyes have glossed over for this build but I'm freaking excited! Sub frame is pretty much done just have to gusset everything and reinforce the shock mount!
    Gonna use these to hold the front down. Having it come up on a jump doesn't sound fun....
    Atc 500x for the win! (Hopefully.... one day)

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    I'm watching now! I haven't been following from the beginning but I'm going to start reading from the first post next chance I get. It looks great!
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    You could make it lock down like the old leager cr conversion kits did with the rear bushings from most Honda atc I will try to get a pic of that set up
    If its on the internet its got to be true they can't put any lie's on the internet

Footy is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    We are watching. I am blown away by your fab skills. When you started this thread I had my doubts. Now that I have seen your skills I am not only confident in this build but maybe even a little jealous. Can't wait to see it complete.
    Put your butt on the inside fender or end up on the ground!

TRX450ER
    ATC250SX
    ATC350X
    ATC110
    ATC185S
    XR100R
    CRF230F
    Raptor 125
    Breeze 125
    Grizzly700

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskool83 View Post
    Run a newer yz tank or a ttr250 tank. You don't need metal bashing up yourknees. It's 2018 not 1983. Tanks are cheap then you could run yfz fenders.
    Go build your own bike Oldstool!
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Plevib I gotta say, this is a fantastic build! I read it from the beginning and wow! I'm impressed! Now I can see why you're wondering why more people aren't commenting. Great build dude!
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

plevib is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Thanks for the support guys. Most people look at me like I'm crazy when I tell them about this project haha... anyway, the upper shock mount is done, just have to finish a few welds once I disassemble. And like I said, I will be gussetting everything

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

--
    I am sure that you have already thought about this and it is on your list to do later. Dual sport bikes from that era all had the foot pegs mounted on rubber to reduce vibrations. Also the pegs were tiny at that time. What are your plans to improve the foot peg set up?

TRX450ER
    ATC250SX
    ATC350X
    ATC110
    ATC185S
    XR100R
    CRF230F
    Raptor 125
    Breeze 125
    Grizzly700

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Footy View Post
    I am sure that you have already thought about this and it is on your list to do later. Dual sport bikes from that era all had the foot pegs mounted on rubber to reduce vibrations. Also the pegs were tiny at that time. What are your plans to improve the foot peg set up?
    Actually this model didn't! Surprisingly. But I'm cutting them off and sticking with the yfz theme and making a mount for some stock yfz foot pegs

--
    May not seem like much but I was really scratching my head about how to make the front seat mount! I also mounted a xt600 head pipe. 2mm larger than stock, longer design and much better collector. I was originally planning on a stock trx450r muffler, but it would interfere with my hinged seat. I found a supertrapp in good shape that'll fit much better.

--
    Oooo footpegs

--
    Awesome work. I like your foot peg setup.

TRX450ER
    ATC250SX
    ATC350X
    ATC110
    ATC185S
    XR100R
    CRF230F
    Raptor 125
    Breeze 125
    Grizzly700

--
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0967.JPG 
Views:	37 
Size:	2.10 MB 
ID:	250636Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0968.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	2.08 MB 
ID:	250637
    This is what I was talking about for a seat latch
    If its on the internet its got to be true they can't put any lie's on the internet

--
    Quote Originally Posted by big specht View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0967.JPG 
Views:	37 
Size:	2.10 MB 
ID:	250636Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0968.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	2.08 MB 
ID:	250637
    This is what I was talking about for a seat latch
    Oh gotcha. Well that does look nice. I already have my latches and a good plan so I'm gonna stick with this plan but I'm definitely remembering that for the next one!

--
    Rear brakes are done! Very very pleased with how simple and stock it looks! And got my carb and filter figured out (I know the filter is dirty haha, I'll clean it later). I realized I had an extra 34mm mikuni and filter from my 500x. I already have jets from 80 to 500 for mikuni and I know this setup works well on xt550's. So I decided to ditch the dual carb setup

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //