//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Hello from Spring Lake Michigan !

--

Hello from Spring Lake Michigan !

Hello all, newby here from Spring Lake Michigan near Muskegon/Grand Haven. I inherited a honda 1985 250sx from my Dad. Dad owned it for many years and was the second owner. The first owner used it mainly to go out to the mail box. Dad used it for ice fishing and his last few years to go through the woods to his hunting spot. I do mean through the woods! About 4 years ago I did an amateur rebuild. One problem Dad always had was that darn '85 cold start problem. He took the air cleaner out so he could stick his hand down into the airbox and choke it to start. He also tried drilling a hole in the air box, inserting a tube, and shooting starting fluid down the tube. When I got it I machined a butterfly choke across the exit hole of the airbox. that worked only so so. Then I did a google search for a cure to the cold start problem and found this great website. I just performed the drill out the start jet cure. It's getting pretty cold out there and this cure really worked. WHAT A DIFFERENCE! We are expecting some very heavy frost on the pumpkin tonight and I can't wait to try and start it before work in the morning. Look for me on the Muskegon Lake ice this winter.

--
    Welcome to the site. I have that notorious cold start problem with my '85 250ES. One of these days I'm gonna do the drill out repair as well.
    1985 Honda ATC 250ES
    1985 Honda ATC 250SX
    1984 Honda ATC 200M
    1983 Honda ATC 200
    1984 Honda ATC 110

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //