//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Pics of my restored 1985 Yamaha 225DRN

--

Pics of my restored 1985 Yamaha 225DRN

I finally got it pretty much done... Runs like a spotted ape now ha. I have to admit this is one of the most comfortable riding three-wheelers I've ever had....let me know what y'all think.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk
    1985 Yamaha 225DRN w/OEM headlight guard, footboards, front rack, rear rack, work light, brush guards and trailer hitch

--
    That's one of the nicest Yamahas i've seen in a long time!
    Suicide Hill Survivor

The rides:
    1981 ATC110
    1982 ATC185
    1983 ATC185s
    1984 ATC200es
    1985 ATC200x

When the going gets tough, the tough get sideways

--
    Great job!!! Looks fantastic!!!

Questions: Is that an OEM seat cover and under the rear light did the 225 have a place to bolt a license plate?

--
    Thanks guys...the seat cover is an OEM replica sold on feebay. It looks like there are 2 mounting holes on the rear grab bar that a license plate could be mounted to?
    1985 Yamaha 225DRN w/OEM headlight guard, footboards, front rack, rear rack, work light, brush guards and trailer hitch

--
    Sweet ride.You did well.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

--
    Looks sweet!! I love the 225s, I have to agree that they are one of the nicest riding trikes. I have two.

tripledog is offline I could be geriatricdog... at my age Got the holeshot
    --
    I like the front fender overlay trick. Very nice looking trike!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by patblkwell View Post
    Thanks guys...the seat cover is an OEM replica sold on feebay. It looks like there are 2 mounting holes on the rear grab bar that a license plate could be mounted to?
    I remember looking on eBay for months for an OEM seat for my 200K and all that ever came up were covers that said SHAFT on them, but then I noticed yours had a welt at the back. I finally found an OEM cover for mine, but I don't want to install it until mine original is worse as I'd hate to tear the new one.

What the story on the rear grab bar, what finish is that? Looks almost like aluminum?

Your handle bars look great. I ended up powder coating mine as well as the rear grab bar, but in hindsight I should have gotten them re-chromed.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    I remember looking on eBay for months for an OEM seat for my 200K and all that ever came up were covers that said SHAFT on them, but then I noticed yours had a welt at the back. I finally found an OEM cover for mine, but I don't want to install it until mine original is worse as I'd hate to tear the new one.

What the story on the rear grab bar, what finish is that? Looks almost like aluminum?

Your handle bars look great. I ended up powder coating mine as well as the rear grab bar, but in hindsight I should have gotten them re-chromed.
    Yeah I'm pretty happy with the seat cover...the original one was mostly gone so I had to replace it. The rear grab bar was pretty scratched up so I cleaned it and painted/cleared it the same color as the wheels and front forks...brushed aluminum is the color I believe.

Footy is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Looks awesome. The only problem is that folks are going to want to ride your shaft.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Footy View Post
    Looks awesome. The only problem is that folks are going to want to ride your shaft.
    Haha yeah that's true.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

brandonlowe2 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Very nice job I like it!
    1983 Selvy 300R - Check out the Build Thread
    1985/86 Tri-Z - Build Thread Coming Soon
    1985 Tri-Z
    1986 250sx
    1985 ATC70
    1985 ATC 200M

Youtube Channel "Lowe Off Road"

- Brandon

--
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    Beautiful job. Any details on the engine?
    Thanks. The only thing I've done to the engine is to add a new top-end kit. I think it's now 230cc instead of 223cc

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //