//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Christmas and New Years at the beach in San Diego?

--

Christmas and New Years at the beach in San Diego?

Hi everyone. Its been a while... Hope everyone is well.

Wondering if anyone might be interested in spending Christmas and New Years at the beach in San Diego, Ca. I have a trip to Switzerland planned for the end of the year so my apartment in the Sunset Cliffs, Ocean Beach area of San Diego will be vacant and i'm looking to rent it out for a couple weeks. I figured I'd toss the opportunity up on here first, in case anyone wanted an escape from the cold, snowy winter.

dates available: Dec 19-Jan 3
    *$80/night, 3 night minimum* <--discount if you book the whole 2 weeks

A little about the apartment and the town:

Apartment
    Nothing too special about the apartment itself aside from the location
    -2nd floor, end unit in small 10 unit complex
    -awesome neighbors
    -fully furnished small 1br/1ba
    -1/2 block from the edge of our continent
    -outside space with BBQ's
    -27 inch tv mounted on wall. no cable. HDMI cable for laptop or DVD
    -WiFi
    -surfboard
    -skateboard
    -2 beach cruisers
    -growlers (beer jugs) for local breweries/tasting rooms
    -washer/dryer on site
    -absolutely ridiculous sunset views <-- winter sunsets @ sunset cliffs are truly a spectacle

Town: Ocean Beach, San Diego <-- 3 hours from Glamis Sand Dunes

-The opening scenes of "Almost Famous" were shot in Ocean Beach. Its an extremely special place. This aint Kansas anymore Toto. Home of super snowflakes and Trumpers alike. "Where the debris meets the sea." This isnt the glitzy, glamorous Laguna Beach you watched on TV. OB is the gritty, butch lesbian sister of Laguna Beach. Lots of surfers, yoga teachers, military, old money, new money, college kids, trust fund babies, midwest snowbirds, masshole transplants, and homeless. OB has the most breweries/tasting rooms (and churches, interestingly enough) per capita of any town in San Diego. San Diego's craft brewing scene is second to none. Lots of different types of restaurants and they're all phenomenal. There will be a Christmas parade down the main street, toward the massive and famously "charlie brown-ish" town christmas tree buried in the sand. Farmers market down the main street every wednesday. New years celebrations around town get NUTS. Its a party on the weekends and during the week its a very family oriented town. All restaurants with outdoor seating welcome your dogs. Oh and im pretty sure marijuana just became legal in CA, so umm...theres that. You'll smell it ALOT around OB. Overall its an experience of a lifetime and you'll never forget that time you visited Ocean Beach...just be sure to lock your doors and dont feed the bums. For more details and photos of OB just google "Ocean Beach San Diego" or follow someone's instatwitter feed or whatever.

-Sunset Cliffs, where the apartment is located, is South of the main town by about a 15min walk or 2min drive. The Sunset Cliffs area is a small town neighborhood surrounded by permanent homeowners, not vacation rentals or a bunch of partying college kids. Its quiet by 10pm and quiet until 7am when everyone goes to work.

-Sadly i cannot offer any trikes for you to ride during your stay, but I have a contact at a rental agency in Ocotillo that can deliver a machine (quad) to you at Glamis, Gordon's Well, Buttercup, Superstition, or Ocotillo Wells if you wish to ride. 100,000 people converge on Glamis to celebrate the new year. Think about that for a second...

Call or text me at 619-992-0013 if anyone is interested. Thanks.

--
    It's a kool pad .
    * 1970 US90 Red
    * 1978 ATC 90/180 Helm&Son, Bandito /3D springer. ( Spaghetti Winder )
    * 1978 ATC 90/128 Bandito / Ace Williams Springer.
    * 1980 ATC 110/ ? Helm&Son, Dickson Full Suspended
    * 1981 ATC 110 MTC Full Supended
    * 1985 ATC 200s
    *1986 ATC 250R/310 2"+ Westcoast Swinger

http://www.ebay.com/usr/jwheeler760

--
    Quote Originally Posted by glamy View Post
    What he say .......fantastic offer......my fellow OBsion ......lived on Worden . West point loma , Abbott , Bacon and Santa Monica .........used to be the midnight showing of Rocky Horror picture show @ the Strand ........Hodads ......so much to do ....... you can go fishing on the pier (no license required) eat lobster taco`s and watch the Asians argue over Mackerels ......... YAAAH bring me some chocolates back ........Happy New Jears !!
    HAHA!! that explain ALOT Glamy. Were you here during the "BongRanch Ave" days? Gma grew up in OB and went to PLHS. ROOTS.

--
    Nice! That must've made some awesome calamari. Good friend of mine works on the Sea Adventure 80 out of Point Loma. We get fresh sea creatures frequently, Its lovely.

Shoot.. even a decade ago when housing was falling apart OB was still buy-able... now its $1mil for a 900sq/ft 2br/1ba built in the 50's. Wild.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //