//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Hello From Carnatio, WA...New to ATC world...Rebuilding '83 Honda 200E

--

Hello From Carnatio, WA...New to ATC world...Rebuilding '83 Honda 200E

Hello All,
    Just came into possession of an '83 Honda 200E Big Red. Have started the tear down and awaiting some replacement parts (rear axle and bearings, etc.). Also replacing the wheel hubs with 4x110 from 300EX so I can have a better selection of wheels. This should be a fun project. I use to build hot rods but decided enough was enough and start doing more manageable projects. This trike was used on a friends dairy farm for many years so you can guess what I am having to clean off of it......dried old cow stuff! But that is ok with me. I will post a few pics here as I go along. The biggest thing i am looking for now are used tires and wheels for the rear. Have seen many on eBay but the shipping costs are huge...! Sometimes more than the tires and wheels. Stopped by Les Swab tires today and he had some pretty nice tires that were ordered and refused and he wants to get rid of them desperately. I think I will get a great deal I hope. Enough chat now and back to the garage to get working again on this project!

Thanks, Rowland
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CameraZOOM-20171110150018947.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	215.3 KB 
ID:	247524   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CameraZOOM-20171105114523290.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	141.5 KB 
ID:	247525  

AMK is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Looks like a nice project. I got my Big Red from a farmer's barn. I like that it wasn't ridden hard but some of the general maintenance items were neglected.
    It sat under the birds for two years so I had a little poo to remove as well. Yours looks nice, good luck with it.
    Alan

1985 350x
    1984 200es Big Red
    1985 200s (little red)
    1986 200x saga
    2) 1985 350x projects
    And a slew of others to hold my attention

--
    Thanks! Yes it will be a fun project. May I ask you a question? I am presently looking to replace my wheels and tires. How large can I go with the tires and not interfere with the fenders or other metal parts? I have already removed all this stuff as I am rebuilding the back end so it is hard to get a good measurement. Presently there were 21" tires on it. I have a chance to get some new 24" at a very good price. Just want to make sure they will clear without issues. Thanks, Rowland

--
    Looks like the OEM rear tires were 25 inch so you should be fine.

https://www.justbigreds.com/frame

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

--
    Thanks for info....wonder how the 21" tires got on this rig....interesting.

AMK is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowland View Post
    Thanks for info....wonder how the 21" tires got on this rig....interesting.
    Mine came with 21's but the p.o. used some rims and hubs from some other machine. He had them on inside out to keep from rubbing the muffler.
    He had the original rims also so I put a set of 25's on and bought some oem hubs. Fit is good.
    Alan

1985 350x
    1984 200es Big Red
    1985 200s (little red)
    1986 200x saga
    2) 1985 350x projects
    And a slew of others to hold my attention

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //