//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 84 250r no start issue

--

84 250r no start issue

I picked up an 84 250r with what looks like an 82 triple trees and forks, but still has the skinnier wheel and tire from the 84. Has an answer products silencer and an aftermarket head pipe, K&N filter with the air box lid drilled. Didn't run when I got it and the carb was nasty. I found a good deal on a brand new pwk 33mm from sudco and installed that. The tank was nasty inside and beat on the outside, but the air scoops were in good shape. So I bought a tank from craigslist that was pristine inside, painted it and put that on and thought good to go right? Wrong. Fuel? Yep. Spark? Pull the plug kick a couple times and it has spark, just not the greatest. I got a new plug. Kick it over, nothing. Not even a sputter. Compression is showing 135 on a cold motor. Not great but serviceable, right? When I kick it over with the air box off it has some mist coming out the carb throat. Can reed valves cause a no start? I'm new to 2-strokes so please bear with my ignorance. One last thing I have a full front end from an 85 350x, would that perform decent on the 84? I don't race, just moderate trail riding with some technical areas at times. Thank you in advance.

--
    135 is pretty low for that motor. Reeds are cheap, get a set of boyesen’s. Spark should be bright blue.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    Thank you. Looks like I'll be doing a top end on it. I should also mention it had sat for about ten years before I got it. Will the boyesen's reed work with the stock cage or will I need a new cage also?

--
    Get these. They attach to the stock reed cage. Put a dab of blue locktite on the screws when re-installing.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/NEW-BOYESEN-P...weRiKuhzFY13RA
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //