//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Hi!

yz96 is offline New to the board Arm chair racerNew to the board
    --

Hi!

Hi, been reading for a few years but am finally ready to tackle a bike (YZ400 frame) conversion, so Ill be posting often for info.

The one question I have right now, after a lot of searching, is are there any alternatives at all to using VTX1800 triple clamps? They seem to be hard to come by, and pretty expensive when you can find them. Is there absolutely nothing else that can be used? Can stock 250R/200X/350X/Tri-Z/Tecate triples be used? Do people not use them because they only allow for smaller shocks?

Well that's a good start for now.

Glad to be here!

--
    Ol Deuce on here can help you with the front triples. Sounds like a neat project.
    Last edited by Joseph Farrow; 11-14-2017 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Typing faster than I can read! lol
    * 1978 ATC 90/180 Pauter PJ1 / Springer "Team BAPP" Bike *

* 1980 ATC 110/180 "Danny's Machine Works" 3D Sprint Dune Bike *

* Nicholson 500 Race Bike *

* HPATC Yamaha RD350 "Big Moe" Trike *

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Farrow View Post
    Ol Duce on here can help you with the front triples. Sounds like a neat project.
    Is that the exact username? I tried searching the name but nothing comes up. Does he make triple clamps, or just knows a lot about them?

Thanks for the help so far guys!

--

--
    I searches his threads and didn't really find any info on triple clamps.

Has anyone ever thought about using two top triple clamps from a VTX1800? One for the lower, and one for the upper? Maybe it's not possible, just thinking out loud, but I think it might work with some modification? The uppers seem to be more plentiful, and cheaper.

Also, it seems the upper clamp holes for the shocks are 55mm? That seems very big for any shocks we'd be using. I know the ones I want to use (from a YZ) are 46mm.
    Last edited by yz96; 11-14-2017 at 06:54 PM.

--
    Check out this tread. He can make you an adaptor to work for just about anything you want to do.

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...forks+ol+deuce
    * 1978 ATC 90/180 Pauter PJ1 / Springer "Team BAPP" Bike *

* 1980 ATC 110/180 "Danny's Machine Works" 3D Sprint Dune Bike *

* Nicholson 500 Race Bike *

* HPATC Yamaha RD350 "Big Moe" Trike *

--
    Thanks for the help guys, appreciate it!

One more question for now... I heard that Valkyrie triple clamps will work just like VTX1800's. Can anyone verify this? Are they the same, or are they different in any way (width, clamping diameter, etc.)? The Valkyrie clamps seem to be way more plentiful, and cheaper!

--
    Does anyone know when I can start posting in other forums? I don't see a 'reply' or 'new thread' button in the Trikesylvania forum.

Thanks!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by yz96 View Post
    Does anyone know when I can start posting in other forums? I don't see a 'reply' or 'new thread' button in the Trikesylvania forum.

Thanks!
    10 posts and 2 months of being registered i think it is
    73 atc 70
    84 ytm 200ern
    79 atc 70
    ytm 225 dr
    atc 90
    80 atc 110
    klt 250A
    84 atc 200es
    85 atc 250es

gone but not forgotten restored 82 atc 70

--
    Oh, wow, that's weird. Don't know what the purpose of that would be, but ok! lol

--
    Quote Originally Posted by yz96 View Post
    Oh, wow, that's weird. Don't know what the purpose of that would be, but ok! lol
    It does seem a bit heavy-handed. My guess is because newbies in the 3 wheeler world become so excited, that they post a million questions that have already been answered instead of reading threads. Quarantining this rowdy group until they settle down and prove they belong here may have been the best path.

I'm a moderator on Bass Boat Central and we often have to ban new people who in-turn make a new account. Then there's scammers re-registering to sell fake or illicit goods.

I personally do not like the 2 mo rule, but I get it.

--
    Yea 2 months is a bit much. I would argue that it's probably hurting registration and participation more than it's helping. I own several forums, spanning 20 years now, so I know a little about this. lol

--
    Just checking back in to see how things are going, and trying to hit the 10 post mark so I can participate in other sections.

--
    Oh and I haven't done much with my project, been way too busy of a summer. Planning to do a lot to it this coming winter. Still hoarding parts right now.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //