//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Your guys' opinion on which bike is faster: 250R or 350X

--
    Well, thanks for the info guys

Eventually I'll buy a Tecate 250 (just not the year where they put the radiator where the headlight should be

--
    Come on Barns we were expecting atleast a 4-5 page explanation . Did you get to excited. (Like the nerd finaly getting the date with the hot head cheerleader)
    Quote Originally Posted by barnett468 View Post
    Holy crap, did I just win the lotto or did Christmas come early this year? This is just waaaay too easy.

OMG...I think I just got an aneurysm!

...[IMG]http://www.picgifs.com/graphics/l/laughing/graphics-laughing-867787.gif[/

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR AND THE ONLY PERSON ON 3WW WITHOUT AN EDIT BUTTON OR A STAR
    250r rules

--
    Quote Originally Posted by BOB MARLIN View Post
    The porting layout of a stock Tecate is a big reason why its faster than a 250r. Kawasaki did some weird stuff back in the day though. It took them awhile to figure out where the headlight should be. Where the radiator should be, and did they ever figure out how to make it kick forward ?
    Yeah, I read on another website that the port layout on the Tecates was cutting edge for its day. CPI industries, which makes bad ass aftermarket cylinders for the TRX 250R (and Banshees), has a similar layout. Their Sphynx cylinder for the R makes some serious hp. That's going to be my next Honda build.

--
    Well, what can I say.

Like I said, I am a HUGE fan of the Kawasaki dirtbikes, especially after owning a KX250 and a KX500.

When it comes to quads, I am a big Yamaha fan.

And since Yamaha never made an actual GOOD racing ATC....

Also, my favorite color is green. And I'm not trying to be funny here; my favorite color (in general) actually IS green

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by mattb348 View Post
    Eventually I'll buy a Tecate 250 (just not the year where they put the radiator where the headlight should be
    ummmm...if you are more concerned about the location of the radiator than you are about easily smoking a honda then you really should buy a honda, cuz unless you are on Forbes list of the top 500 wealthiest people in the world, you might not be able to afford the truly ultimate 3 wheeler, The 1986 TECATE (With Side Mount Radiators)...The Most Powerful And By Far The Best Handling Production 3 Wheeler In The World!

OMG...There goes my prostate!

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR AND THE ONLY PERSON ON 3WW WITHOUT AN EDIT BUTTON OR A STAR

--
    Ok maybe I'll deal with radiator being where the headlight should be then

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Xlnt choice since it didn't seem to prevent with Jimmy White from winning all those races or keep Donnie Luce from winning the National at Loretta Lynns or keep me from winning the last short track race a Saddleback Park where I spanked Jimmie and all the honda girls on a stock chassied first generation TECATE...The Most Powerful 250cc 3 Wheeler In The Universe!

--
    I like the look of the 1st generation Tecates. The headlight over the radiator gives it a baja look. Maybe barnett468 can tell us who came up with the name "Tecate"? I know it suppose to be named after "a tough little border town in Baja where the off-road races would break a Sherman tank."

--
    Real race bikes don't use headlights which is why we made ours easily removable. All you have to do is simply sit back, then grab a handful of throttle and the headlight will come right off when the bike flips over on top of you.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by christph View Post
    I like the look of the 1st generation Tecates. The headlight over the radiator gives it a baja look.
    We also made it easily removable so when a TECATE rider goes riding with his honda friends in the dark he can take it off and shine it down by the CDI area on his buddies bikes so they can see well enough to install the spare one they need to have with them to make a long 5 mile ride.

Quote Originally Posted by christph View Post
    Maybe barnett468 can tell us who came up with the name "Tecate"? I know it suppose to be named after "a tough little border town in Baja where the off-road races would break a Sherman tank."
    We had a bike naming contest for everyone in the building and the winner got $100.00 or something like that and one of the guys in another department came up with the name because it was both the name of a beer and a desert town in baja.

We had the same contest for the Bayou where we actually went to test the Bayou.

--
    Well if that's the case I have both an 84 and an 85 I would sell, which one do ya want?

Hell, I could even do what a well known, self aggrandizing, self promoting, washed up, (almost was) ex "racer" here on this site occasionally does on some of her stuff and autograph it for ya (not that anyone would care), with the biggest difference being that I would do it for FREE!

--
    Honda 250 r won more races with marty hart/ paul turner!! I was never beat by a tecate anywhere. Including 1000s of runs up comp and olds .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

--
    I went to many many mickey Thompson races. I saw it many times with my own eyes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug8765 View Post
    Honda 250 r won more races with marty hart/ paul turner!!
    That's great news, now please post the results for every race where both a honda and a TECATE competed so we too can marvel at this most xlnt achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug8765 View Post
    I was never beat by a tecate anywhere.
    Congratulations, now please post your name and every race where you competed against Jimmy White, or Donnie Luce, or Chris White, or Jackie Meadows, or even myself whom you have probably never even heard of (and my chassis and suspension was box stock so I should have been easy to beat) so I and others here can give you your much deserved credit and adulation, and if your really special, and really lucky, you might even be awarded the prestigious and much coveted, 3 Wheeler World Star!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by barnett468 View Post
    That's great news, now please post the results for every race where both a honda and a TECATE competed so we too can marvel at this most xlnt achievement.

Congratulations, now please post your name and every race where you competed against Jimmy White, or Donnie Luce, or Chris White, or Jackie Meadows, or even myself whom you have probably never even heard of (and my chassis and suspension was box stock so I should have been easy to beat) so I and others here can give you your much deserved credit and adulation, and if your really special, and really lucky, you might even be awarded the prestigious and much coveted, 3 Wheeler World Star!

LOL man I had no idea what I was about to start with this thread

Hey Barnett, this is probably a stupid question, but do you own (and like) the KX500?

And do you agree with me that it is the fastest off-road production machine EVER made, period?

About 50 lbs. of torque and 65 HP stock, weights about 220 lbs. (at least my 2002 did), and does about 102 MPH STOCK.

I had a 2002 KX500 with full pro circuit exhaust. Nothing like it

So lets hear your thoughts

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //