//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 83 Kawasaki KLT200C starting issue

TrickShot is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

83 Kawasaki KLT200C starting issue

Got settled into a new place and starting to get my wheelers up and running from sitting a few years. Starting with my 83 Kawasaki KLT200C. Motor had never been apart, ran when parked. Now tonight it's spitting fuel out carb into airbox, and we'll just look at the video and can see. It never fired really, has good spark. It almost seems like it's out of time or something. Thoughts anyone?

https://youtu.be/Rh9yLHefNqk

Yes I know video is excessively long to show the issue.

--
    Have you cleaned your carb? That's what it seems like to me..if you have cleaned it I would check it again.

--
    Ok. I could see that it's actually backfiring through the carb. There were several bright "flashes" in the carb. the only thing that could be making those flashes is burning gas. How old is the gas? If it's the same gas that was in it when parked, then maybe it's actually burning slowly enough to do that. I'm not saying this with any certainty, just my best guess since i don't know if this can actually happen. Just my theory based on what I can see in your video. Now my experience recently was this: I bought a 1981 ATC200 to put the engine in my AutoX. I put a brand new Honda coil on it since it didn't come with one. It had spark. i shot a little bit of ether into the carb and it ran for a second or two until the ether was gone. I put the engine on the X frame and put it all together. I couldn't get it to fire at all on gas. I could squirt ether into the carb and it would run off of the ether. I finally pulled the spark plug out, shot ether into the cylinder, and it started right up. Now it starts easily every time without any ether. Maybe mine was just stubborn?

--
    Check your valves what I can see is that you have a valve sticking and causing it to put the compression back through the carb. I also recommend doing a nice thorough cleaning on your carburetor is well
    rectum nothin damn near killed them
    feel free to leave feed back for me here. http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...06#post1119306

tmhcycle is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    check exhaust system for blockage as well, I would pull carb and and clean it too, check your fuel pump to see if it is working correctly

TrickShot is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I pulled the carb just to see if dirty or gummed up. It looked clean. I will have to pull again and take things apart and clean better. I also pulled the plug, I can see the valves moving so one isn't stuck open, although one may not be closing complete perhaps. Fuel pump works fine, it pumps a full stream no problem at all. It does seem like it's getting too much air pushing back thru carb, so maybe leaning towards a valve not closing all the way..

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //