//ArrowChat Code

Thread: New 200M owner

--

New 200M owner

Hi y'all!! I just picked up a low mile 1984 200M and have been fixin her up and this forum has been a great resource. I finally decided to register because I have some questions... but...

Are new members banned from posting in Trikesylvania or something? My Post New Thread button is missing

The timing on my 200M is off by about 5 degrees late. It looks like someone had aligned the spark with the letter F on the flywheel instead of the alignment mark to the left of F.
    The motor starts are runs great, but does stumble once every few minutes. I plan on using 91 octane non-oxy and nothing else, which seems like more reason to move the timing up to where it should be.

I had tried busting loose the screws for the CDI to rotate, but I broke the tip off my screwdriver and I'm concerned I may strip or destroy something on the engine if I keep trying.

Do I leave it be or set the timing EXACTLY to spec?

Thanks,

Matt

--
    Hi Matt and welcome to the sight and yeah you have to have at least 10 post and a certain amount of time to get in the rest of the site. It keeps the scum out. Did you try tapping the back of the screw driver gently while loosening the screws? And try a little pb blaster or something. Good luck and I hope you get it. I'm sure some of the other guys will chime in and help

--
    I ended up seeing that. A quarantine for newbies!

I'll try tapping the screw driver after soaking the screws in wd40 for a while.

--
    Maybe you could try an impact driver, not to be confused with an impact wrench.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //