//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Speedometer gear seal-Honda 200e?????

--
    Here are 2 "d"s and the o ring seal drum brake type that's larger.

The last pic is the hub seal, it grows up to 30mm ID x 42 x 7.

Do you need that seal as well? Or is it still in the hub.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Here is that seal I think your asking about-it's 42mm

--

Yes, this is 27mm, as well. If there is a seal that's supposed to be here, I'll need that because this didn't have one. BUT, when this connects to the ring gear it rides against this seal pictured below, the seal I'm after.

--
    Yes, your last pic. That's the hub seal and it is 30 x 42 x 7 or 8mm

As far as the seal you ordered, did you go with 28mm??

I'm pretty sure your 28mm should be a 27mm.

Use your calipers on the OD of the driver instead of the seal and I'm pretty sure you'll find it's 27mm.

If your size is off, I can get you both of the seals out for next weekend delivery.....
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Ya, that's right. 28 is what's coming. Well, I didn't measure that right.

--
    No worries, it's not easy to get all this stuff right and be on the same page....

--
    Yes Steve, if you could bail me out here and get those seals, that'd be great!! Pm me or something how I can send payment-I'll get it out Monday. Thanks man-enjoy the rest of your weekend.

--
    I've got even more of these "b"s and "d"s and I GOTTA figure out why your O.D. is 37mm and mine is 36mm??!!

Are you 100 percent sure your 37mm is correct?? I see where the outside edge rolled up on installation (It's only about .020 diff on each side to have this 1mm difference. I wonder if the square edge of your caliper/ruler is screwing up that measurement; I'm not sure if your caliper comes to a point or has square edges. I'd like to see you open them to 37mm and set the calipers on top of that raised retainer so we can see straight down and check your 37mm versus the 36mm I have here...

Seems like something funky is going on.

Don't use the O.D. of the used seal ; we're not sure it's right yet. I know your no dummy, but it takes allot of hours, days, months and years to see/research/PM/cold call these parts, and I still learn new things that catch my eye all the time.

2 weeks ago I saw, (and almost bought because I'm a hoarder), a white dial faced speedo head that said ATC on it!! NEVER EVER have I seen that!! They had a 250ES kit I believe...

Once we get you sorted out, we can clean up the thread some. I had to learn allot on my own; And trial and error cost me a bit of $$; But, I made up kits that brought 700$ (900$ was my best) and 550$ was the lowest I accepted.

I'm pretty sure I have the hub seals in stock, but if I'm going to get the "driver seal", I gotta get it right (36/37) so I can buy 10....

I'm not worried about the $$...
    Last edited by Dirtcrasher; 12-02-2017 at 05:51 PM. Reason: ADDED some stuff

--

This original seal fits perfectly-pops in tight. OD measures 37 anyway I look. It is torn and worn to where you can see the metal inside of it, but nothing rolls upon installation.

The front for comparison with yours.

--

Speedometer gear seal-Honda 200e?????

Was thinking the race was machined at some point.
    The seal was rusted in the sleeve. It took two days prying with an angle pic and other hook type tools. You can see the marks at the bottom lip of the race, from that process.
    Once it was out, the race had a fair amount of rust, so it got scraped with the side of a screwdriver. Then steel wool was stuffed in and reamed around. Ok, now this 37mm seal still fits tight.

Here's more pics in effort to solve the size difference:

Here you can see the dark brownish ring around the base of the shaft. That is where the little thin washer was.

Thanks for your help.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Jd110 View Post
    Was thinking the race was machined at some point.
    The seal was rusted in the sleeve. It took two days prying with an angle pic and other hook type tools. You can see the marks at the bottom lip of the race, from that process.
    Once it was out, the race had a fair amount of rust, so it got scraped with the side of a screwdriver. Then steel wool was stuffed in and reamed around. Ok, now this 37mm seal still fits tight.

Here's more pics in effort to solve the size difference:

Here you can see the dark brownish ring around the base of the shaft. That is where the little thin washer was.

Thanks for your help.
    No problem at all, I just want to get this right.
    I'll take a look at this thread tomorrow and check out what's up.
    I can always just get you 2 that are the odd size you may have there....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

--
    Bearing guy will call me in just a bit...

But, I ordered a bunch. Usually 36 hours to my door.

--
    Awesome!!! Thank you

--

Speedometer gear seal-Honda 200e?????

Found a shim (little broken washer) at a local wreaking yard. It's the same as a Honda '76 GL.

Last edited by Jd110; 12-07-2017 at 09:30 PM.

--
    How do you tell which style will work on a atc I found a almost full bucket of those at a local bike shop last weekend?
    If its on the internet its got to be true they can't put any lie's on the internet

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //