//ArrowChat Code
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Speedometer gear seal-Honda 200e?????

--
    Well i have to guess the "right" one, it looks like this motorcycle one and has the same markings(gotta look closely though) ebay pics
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	94.0 KB 
ID:	248308 Click image for larger version. 

Views:	11 
Size:	81.3 KB 
ID:	248309
    And has the same shaped "nub" Click image for larger version. 

Views:	10 
Size:	71.8 KB 
ID:	248310
    Shep
    Last edited by Shep1970; 12-12-2017 at 10:10 AM.

--
    ^ And you sir are correct!! All the measurements are identical in all 3 but I made the 1 on the right correct by using the right gears and pressing in a whole handmade hollow shaft....

And fabricated my own drive.

Anyhow, I shipped the seals, you'll have them in a few days....
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    DAMMIT!!

You still need a thrust washer or 2!!

What size, how thick?? ID.OD.W.
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtcrasher View Post
    DAMMIT!!

You still need a thrust washer or 2!!

What size, how thick?? ID.OD.W.
    What thrust washer?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Shep1970 View Post
    Well i have to guess the "right" one, it looks like this motorcycle one and has the same markings(gotta look closely though) ebay pics
    Click image for larger version. 

Views:	9 
Size:	94.0 KB 
ID:	248308 Click image for larger version. 

Views:	11 
Size:	81.3 KB 
ID:	248309
    And has the same shaped "nub" Click image for larger version. 

Views:	10 
Size:	71.8 KB 
ID:	248310
    Shep
    Winner winner no chicken dinner. Good job shep!!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Jd110 View Post
    Winner winner no chicken dinner. Good job shep!!
    Ya, i never realized how many speedo drives there were (lots) and it was just honda i searched under, steve's definetly done his homework.....

Shep

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Jd110 View Post
    What thrust washer?
    You had 1 bear up by large ID and OD thin washer all bent up somewhere in this thread. I have some for the in and or pinion.

Just need to know what you have.

Hopefully you'll have all the seals you need; I do have more. When I order, I ORDER!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

--
    Yes, you've got some seals there.

Well Steve, when I took this apart there was only one washer. It's between the housing and ring gear and I got it off that street bike gear that is posted in here. So, I think we're good, bud. Thanks for everything.

--
    It's working....

Before....

Different 12V accessory plug bracket for speedo.

Thanks for looking guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    Good job brother...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

gimmeamidget is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Just bought the 3 rubber seals to rebuild my drive gear on a 250r. Dirt Crasher hooked me up with all the seals for a good price and the fit was perfect.

--
    Ok, it's been determined this gear is for a 250R or 350X. Which means it mounts backwards on this 200e and is spinning in reverse. Well, I'm having problems with it and I'm 99.9% sure it was used on the 200e it was one when I bought it.

It is now running at 70+ mph and makes a constant growling sound. I took the head off the bracket and shot greaseless lube up the cable hole. It drips back black. Not sure what to do from here, hope it's not shot. Any ideas why this would be acting up? Thanks

DirtCrasher, in case you read this again, I'm editing it because I see you might have thought the noise was in the gear. Well, that's the way it sounds but the noise was in the head and was so loud, my neighbor heard it across the street. The gears looked new when I had it apart and the seals fit like a glove-that's all working fine and dandy. I'm actually wondering if running them backwards is easier on the gears-idk. But the cable spins backwards in the speedometer head as well??? Not sure what that will do. I wish I took a closer look at the insides of it when I had it open.
    Last edited by Jd110; 02-07-2018 at 02:25 AM.

--
    I have a 200E gear box drive, they are different than the others....

I would disconnect the cable, lift the wheel in the air and spin it. Start loosening crap until you figure out why it's growling...

--
    Ya,?i could hardly get dinner down fast enough but I hope it's fixed. That lube up the cable hole under the speedometer head might have been the answer to that. Hopefully!! Thank you

Edit: just put a couple miles on it up to 30mph and all seems a-ok. Just thirsty I guess.
    Last edited by Jd110; 02-07-2018 at 12:56 AM.

--
    Thanks, I've thought about getting a cable for a 350X, 200e gear box and another head. That way the 200e gear would be correct and the 350 would have a set-up. I'm currently on a tight rope, though.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //