//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Speedometer gear seal-Honda 200e?????

--
    Right off the bat, the width tells you if it's for an ATC or not.

The width should be the same width as a typical 200X 350X 250R front axle collar, because the speedometer gear housing takes that collars place. The tapered down collar, not the hat on the caliper side.

A bucket full of them I would think would be nearly all street bike speedometers; Similar but geared for a street bike front tire.....
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Ok I wasn't sure anything would be useable for parts on the atc ones or able to be converted to atc usage
    If its on the internet its got to be true they can't put any lie's on the internet

--
    All the heads were for either MPH or KPH.

And the drives must match the head of course, so that's where Honda changed for a 25" tire or a 23" tire versus a street bike tire....

I'm sure many people have unknowingly bought the wrong drive because it fits. But the ATC drive is special for a more accurate speed.
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Jd110 View Post
    Found a shim (little broken washer) at a local wreaking yard. It's the same as a Honda '76 cl.

Okay, I have all the seals in my hands.
    1) Gear box pinion - 5x15x6
    (Should be an I.D. of 4.5mm because that's what the pinion shaft measures at!! ) Single lip, but the only one I could get was a 5mm I.D. It is sealing it, and the Speedo cable grommets help keep out water and junk.

2) Gearbox to the driver seal - 27x36x6mm. Whichever I.D. of either 36mm and or 37mm, well, one will fit!!

3) Gearbox to the driver seal - for this same application, is apparently 27x37x7mm based on your findings.

4) 30x42x7mm is for the complete speedometer drive assembly, seal INTO the front hub.

So, on hand, I have 3, spring backed dual lip rubber coated seals and 1 single lip.

Does 20$ shipped work for the 4 seals shipped to you?? There 30% higher than they were....

And, once you figure out the 36mm and the 37mm discrepancy, we'll know what's up!!

I need your address....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

--
    Okay, this thread is bringing back a thought I had on back burner for awhile now. DC, if I am reading this all correct you basically have all the seals covered right ?
    So, if yes,,,, all that would be needed is the body, the drive gears,,, and what else ?
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...)-reproduction

--
    DC, your a scholar and gentleman. Thanks for your time!!!
    Ps. $20 is more than fair, bud. Make sure there's a return address

--
    Quote Originally Posted by jeswinehart View Post
    Okay, this thread is bringing back a thought I had on back burner for awhile now. DC, if I am reading this all correct you basically have all the seals covered right ?
    So, if yes,,,, all that would be needed is the body, the drive gears,,, and what else ?
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...)-reproduction
    John, glad to hear it's getting another go. The drive above I thought was cl, could be gl. Anyway, you can have it if you like.

It looks like this^^^^^

This looks like one for 200e^^^^^

--
    Kinda waiting to hear DC's input on this possible project. Like what all I would need to make mold of and such,,,

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Jd110 View Post
    John, glad to hear it's getting another go. The drive above I thought was cl, could be gl. Anyway, you can have it if you like.

It looks like this^^^^^

This looks like one for 200e^^^^^
    Yes, but they won't be wide enough and are geared wrong.

I gave you a rundown of all 4 seals, did you get that??

Let me get off the damn phone and see what's at 3WW.....

Steve
    DC

--
    Okay, got it all now

Well, the deal is, I could buy the pinion and ring gear and almost all the pinions were 7 or 8 teeth. I can no longer buy that gear set....

Took me YEARS to figure that out but I did well on EBAY....

John, Honda CASTS those aluminum b or d housings INTO a steel hollow shaft with a step on it's O'D' , (to keep it in place and from wobbling).

Every part of this project took so many hours, trials and failures. Machine a housing and press it in, then the housing decides to crack.

I challenge ANYONE to modify one of these for an ATC. It took allot of steel, seals, boring. turning, pressing and finish machining to get it right.....

Next post, a game!!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtcrasher View Post
    Okay, got it all now

Well, the deal is, I could buy the pinion and ring gear and almost all the pinions were 7 or 8 teeth. I can no longer buy that gear set....

Took me YEARS to figure that out but I did well on EBAY....

John, Honda CASTS those aluminum b or d housings INTO a steel hollow shaft with a step on it's O'D' , (to keep it in place and from wobbling).

Every part of this project took so many hours, trials and failures. Machine a housing and press it in, then the housing decides to crack.

I challenge ANYONE to modify one of these for an ATC. It took allot of steel, seals, boring. turning, pressing and finish machining to get it right.....

Next post, a game!!
    Which drive WAS for a street bike? QUIZ FOR ALL!!

Everything is machined, bored, changed to fit the new gears that I could buy, depending on when and where the guts were made. Now I can only repair them, make them from scratch and or repair some of the Hondaline Parts.....

Left, right or middle are OEM and or modified??

Last edited by Dirtcrasher; 12-11-2017 at 11:15 PM.

--
    so, you got it all sorted out then, great !

--
    ^ Well, we're all trying!!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtcrasher View Post
    Which drive WAS for a street bike? QUIZ FOR ALL!!

Everything is machined, bored, changed to fit the new gears that I could buy, depending on when and where the guts were made. Now I can only repair them, make them from scratch and or repair some of the Hondaline Parts.....

Left, right or middle are OEM and or modified??

I guess the middle one. Just a guess cuz I really know diddly. Kind of hard telling without seeing the height of the round center shaft. They're fools gold.

--
    Steve, I sent you the payment through PayPal, last night. It might be a few weeks or so before I can get this on and working, but I'll try to get a picture of it in motion. Got a welding project, for the wifey to do, I'd like done by the 1st and of course I'll be assisting her.
    For now, I'll sit a watch this paint dry. I had to respray after forming the lip on the ring, around the housing. Great tips from KbOnly, here a 3ww.

Could have spent more time on this:

Happy holidays, everyone!!!
    Last edited by Jd110; 12-13-2017 at 10:06 AM.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //