//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: You guys' opinion on carb rebuild kits?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostv2 View Post
    I’ve used a Timberwolf kit also. I only needed a few pieces out of it really. So they work.

The 225dx i found is one carb you can’t just get a cheap Chinese replacement and bolt it on and go. That’s why when i go to the junkyards i snag them off the bunch of Moto-4’s they have there. Same carb, same air box, etc. So i have a couple of ones that would need rebuilt if need be.
    So the YFM225 (225 Moto 4, within the years 86-88), have the same carb as the 225DX? (ytm225dx, 83-85) ???

Are we talking EXACTLY THE SAME? As in Mikuni VM24?

I looked at parts for the YTM225DX carb and compared it to the parts in the YFM225 (moto 4) on partzilla (genuine yamaha parts website), and the carbs for BOTH machines have the same size main jet and pilot jet, and same exact Needle, etc.

I wonder if the needle is supposed to be in the 3rd clip position for the moto 4 carb? (that is the normal/default needle clip position for the 225dx)

I heard the 225 moto 4 (yfm225) and the 225DX (YTM225DX) have the same engine. But the moto 4 DOES have reverse though, so I kind of wonder...
    Last edited by mattb348; 12-02-2017 at 05:51 PM.

--
    Ok, I decided to go with a Chinese Carb. I didn't go with the $25 one on eBay that "TheDude" recommended (as much as I love the "Big Lebowski" and all). However, if the one I bought is a POS, I will probably try the moto 4 carb on eBay that TheDude recommended.

Anyways, I found one on Amazon for $42 that is specifically for the YTM225DX. But more importantly, it is the ONLY Chinese carb I found on Amazon that has really good reviews. In fact, it has 6 PERFECT reviews. I know the carb is a little more expensive than the other Chinese carbs, but I am hoping there is a reason for that.

At first glance of the pics, it DOES appear to have bigger pipes and choke tube (or whatever you call it.) This hopefully means that it fits the STOCK gas line and choke cable etc. (which the other cheaper ones DO NOT, for the most part?)

Here is the one I bought:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I will definitely let you guys know how it fits, and how good my 225DX runs once its on there.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //