//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 2nd try at posting ?

--

2nd try at posting ?

Hello and thank you for adding me, my name is Terry and I'm an old fart that loves tinkering with machines and welding, Just purchased a 185s Honda 1981, very good shape, will add more when I'm sure it post my message 😊

--
    My first machine was a Yamaha 225DX with a busted crank for $100 , bought manual and tore down replaced crank , startled when it started 2nd pull, great little machine, arm buster though if you forgot compression release ,lol, 2nd was a brand new 200 Honda three wheeler, loved it , cold blooded though, then I went 4 wheels, had 2 Polaris machines, HEAVY if you got stuck , didn't use much got rid of them but missed my machines, saw a video on a 185s Honda , light weight so I could get out of trouble easy , took 6 months but I finally found one that didn't burn oil and had most of its parts, I love tinkering so that's why I joined , thank you

--
    Noticed a post that someone had a.bout carb problems , machine not wanting to run, I couldn't post to them what thought so maybe someone can pass this along, when I was a teenager , most of you were a smile on your old mans face , lol, I had a Honda 250 scrambler, my main source of transportation, one day it just started running horrible, missing, stalling , would not go over 20 mph, I got a manual from library and read , and read , no matter what I tried it wouldn't go, one evening laying in bed I was studying schematics on carburetor, I'm starring at the pictures, and holy crap , what the heck , I spot this TINY FREAKING C CLIP that goes on throttle needle to adjust needle position on slide,I went to the garage tore off the carburetor took out the throttle slide and SURE AS HECK the C CLIP IS LAYING IN CARBURATOR !!! Put it back on and assembled and boom my Baby is an like a fined tuned fiddle, hope this helps someone.

--
    Presently working on making sure my 185S is ready to go, pulled tank and dumped out gas , lots of crud , flushed 10 times till it ran clear , noticed patch job , looking to add inline filter as it had none, don't need to have to tear down from plugging every little while , going straight REC GAS ., arm buster if you forget the compressin relief , ya I forgot , lol

--
    There are a lot of "seasoned" riders on this site. I'm a 1971 model myself, but you will find that there are many users here in their 50's, 60's, and even a few in their 70's. Welcome!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by keister View Post
    There are a lot of "seasoned" riders on this site. I'm a 1971 model myself, but you will find that there are many users here in their 50's, 60's, and even a few in their 70's. Welcome!
    Ya for sure , us old farts do and have seen a lots , always happy to pass any helpful info on .

--
    Put an inline filter and new fuel line on my 185S, started up 4th pull, golly his baby runs once it is warmed up !

--

--
    Well winter is here in Michigan, put chains on my 185 s , go really good on bay, looking to make me a front end ski system , two skis inline with back wheels for ice fishing. So easy to maneuver when you get stuck , just lift it and move !!!

--
    Welcome to the site! Post up some pics!
    1985 Honda ATC 250ES
    1985 Honda ATC 250SX
    1984 Honda ATC 200M
    1983 Honda ATC 200
    1984 Honda ATC 110

--
    Welcome from another Michigan new user. I'm only 24 but I can't wait to pick the brains of the more experienced members on the site!
    1985 Honda 200X

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //