//ArrowChat Code

Thread: My name is Travis and I'm probably an addict...

--

My name is Travis and I'm probably an addict...

Just not sure yet...

Though I did snag a sweet little super clean '85 ATC 70. Suppose that's the opposite of being on the road to recovery. I guess we can call it a relapse since I got one for Christmas at the ripe old age of 4. We've gone full circle now, haven't we?

The purpose of my visit, you ask? I came for a little insight... I got this thing with no paperwork. The gentleman I acquired it from purchased it from an estate and nobody there cared to supply any. Given the history I have with these, I jumped in not giving a good anything other than a quick check through nicb.org, which came up clean.

Any ideas what the DMV is going to want from me? I've never travelled this road and would like some assistance from any of you who have.

I still have a little carb work to sort out but I'm close. Tank's clean, compression is good, points adjusted, new plug, fresh oil, cobwebs cleared, and damn near ready for take-off. Just need the papers...

Thanks for any help you guys and gals can offer.

--
    I have no clue about the CA title process - CA DMV is one of the things I do not miss about CA since I left in 86.

On the other hand, I am also an addict and I'm not on the path to recovery...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	All4_2.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	171.9 KB 
ID:	247967

--
    Your going to need a bill of sale from the guy you bought it from. Printable from the dmv website. Then you’ll need to physically take the trike to the dmv and there going to have to run the numbers on the frame and engine. I think you can do this at a CHp station also. If it comes back stolen though say goodbye to your bike. If you have AAA you can take the numbers in there and ask them to run it. Just tell them your going to buy this bike and want to make sure the title is clean cause they guy doesn’t have the pink. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

--
    Thanks for the replys gentlemen.

Going to Oceano a couple weeks back has renewed my interest in all of this. I've been keeping an eye out for a nice '85-'86 250R over the past few years but nothing has been available when the finances permit it. Maybe someday...

Getting a BoS from the previous "owner" (middle man? flipper?) will be next to impossible. There's no way for me to contact him. The local CHP is a block from my work so maybe I'll just cart it down there this week and cross my fingers.

--
    Spoke with the DMV and they said I need a bill of sale from the original owner. I then had them run the number so they could tell me who the owner is and it's not in the system. Next, I asked who the bill of sale needs to be from if it's not in the system. Again with this mysterious original owner. So if it's not in the system, who's the owner? She couldn't answer that one.

Apparently I need to find this guy. Maybe it's my neighbor... Maybe it's the guy that rides his bike past my work at 8:45 every morning... The Mrs says it's probably Chris Hemsworth and we really need to track him down to find out... Of course she'd say that.

--
    Sounds like typical big government to me.

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Make up a name for the "original owner" and put it on the bill of sale.

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR AND THE ONLY PERSON ON 3WW WITHOUT AN EDIT BUTTON OR A STAR

--
    Bill of sale from someone (since there is "no record" they can't say its the wrong person)
    It will need to be "verified" (most likely from CHP), a DMV "referral" will be needed for this.
    Application for registration ( form 343- available on dmv website)

Its really not a big deal if you get a DMV clerk that knows what they are doing.
    Beware that DMV employees are now a union, so they are extra ignorant now.
    YAMAHA 450 HYBRID
    85 350X- RED
    85 350x -BLACK
    86 350x-WHITE (with Goki)
    85 250r
    83 atc 70
    84 atc 70
    84 atc 110
    09 yfz 450
    2006 Arctic Cat Prowler
    RZR XP 900

--
    Got it figured out, thanks guys. We have a good DMV clerk in the small location the next town over. She's a bit of a magician...

Also got it running fairly well, except the bogging off the line. Think I'll go back in and dink around with the points some more and probably clean up/install the old hard parts in the carb instead of all this Chinese garbage.

Was cruising it around work for the past few days and it's definitely just as I remember... "Get something worth riding" they keep telling me. Well, "something worth riding" ain't half as fun in a parking lot damn it!

Think it'd be okay to run F&L SP4 in this? We have some left over from the racing season and it'll be bad by next year...

--
    Good to hear you got a good DMV clerk. The good ones are rare for sure, we deal with them on a daily basis. I 've used the china carb stuff a couple time ,it's hit and miss. Their Quality control isn't good so it's not consistent.
    YAMAHA 450 HYBRID
    85 350X- RED
    85 350x -BLACK
    86 350x-WHITE (with Goki)
    85 250r
    83 atc 70
    84 atc 70
    84 atc 110
    09 yfz 450
    2006 Arctic Cat Prowler
    RZR XP 900

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //