//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Got the call today

--
    Nice looking Yamaha! I have a YTM 200 chain drive and some extras... I’m out in Kirkville NY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1984 Yamaha YT 60 Tri Zinger(current project)
    1983 Yamaha YTM 200 (rear suspension kit)..... long term project
    2004 BMW R1150R
    1972 Honda CT 70
    2007 Lifan 110

6bt is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
    Good score

I've had several of them. Used them all on a farm; and worked well.

Thought they were better balanced than a Big Red. My farm has some serious hills and the Yamaha's seemed to be more stable. To the naysayers, If you haven't tried both the Honda and the Yamaha head to head in a work setting; no need to add your speculative comments.

Yea, the shifter has some issues; get it up there where it belongs.

Does it start with the electric starter? When they got older, a source/pickup coil likes to get weak; just replace that coil and fix that.

Oh Yea, No rusted fuel tank on this Yamaha, like a Honda, the tank is very durable plastic.
    Good to know. Electric start still works. It feels kinda tippy to me, but the only thing I have to compare it to is my ATC 250r. Footpeg bracket is bent, but a whole new mount for both pegs is $60 new from Yamaha. Shifter seems to be out of adjustment and cammed over. Still goes through the gears though.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

--
    Quote Originally Posted by thefox View Post
    Nice looking Yamaha! I have a YTM 200 chain drive and some extras... I’m out in Kirkville NY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Pompey here, I used to go to the junkyard fairly often there.

--
    Nice "Yamahauler" I have all years of them 83' & 84' mostly all there but not running and the 85' w/reverse like yours; running but smokes a lil, spring project. Great seat, take care of it. Getting hard to find. I know there's great looking repo covers for them out there but nothing like orginal.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ATC4ever! View Post
    Nice "Yamahauler" I have all years of them 83' & 84' mostly all there but not running and the 85' w/reverse like yours; running but smokes a lil, spring project. Great seat, take care of it. Getting hard to find. I know there's great looking repo covers for them out there but nothing like orginal.
    For sure. Shifter and footpeg are straightened out now. Gotta check valves and do oil change next.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //