//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Got the call today

6bt is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

Got the call today

A guy I know has had an 85' Yamaha 200e for years, bought it when it was a year old. He used it to tow a cart for hauling fire wood out of his woods, every year, until today. I've worked on it, cleaned the carb, changed the oil every few years. I told him I'd like it in the future when he's done with it.. It stalled today, and he had to push it back to the garage. He called and said it's yours, come get it. What do you guys think of these? I haven't heard much about them.

It needs the valves adjusted, oil changed and a little TLC. I'm stoked to have a utility 3 wheeler!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

--
    It looks pretty good except for the shifter. It appears to have electric start as well as the reverse. This is the top of the line YTM200 as far as I'm concerned. I think they're actually a pretty good machine. They don't even ride too bad considering that they're a hardtail.

--
    I like the 200's. I have the same one as you but with a timberwolf engine swapped in since the original engine was locked up. Runs awesome!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
    1979 ATC110
    1983 ATC110
    1984 ATC110
    1984 ATC125M
    1985 ATC110 2 of them
    1985 ATC110 The wife's
    1987 ATC125M
    1985 ATC250ES
    1984 DX225 with 250 timberwolf engine and swingarm. Wolf in DX clothing

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 350for350 View Post
    It looks pretty good except for the shifter. It appears to have electric start as well as the reverse. This is the top of the line YTM200 as far as I'm concerned. I think they're actually a pretty good machine. They don't even ride too bad considering that they're a hardtail.
    Yes, footpeg is kinda bent, and shift linkage needs to be adjusted.

tripledog is offline I could be geriatricdog... at my age Got the holeshot
    --
    The plastics alone on that YTM are worth more than my house. Awesome score!

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    So he actually GAVE you the "shaft"?

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR AND THE ONLY PERSON ON 3WW WITHOUT AN EDIT BUTTON OR A STAR

--
    Quote Originally Posted by tripledog View Post
    The plastics alone on that YTM are worth more than my house. Awesome score!
    Seriously? I didn't think the utility 3 wheelers were very collectable. Where are you located in central ny?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by barnett468 View Post
    So he actually GAVE you the "shaft"?

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR AND THE ONLY PERSON ON 3WW WITHOUT AN EDIT BUTTON OR A STAR
    Haha.

tripledog is offline I could be geriatricdog... at my age Got the holeshot
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by 6bt View Post
    Seriously? I didn't think the utility 3 wheelers were very collectable. Where are you located in central ny?

I am about 10 miles southwest of Auburn.

--
    Nice score. Did he give it to you, or did you buy it? I don't know anything about Yamaha trikes - never owned one, but it looks like the front rack is upside down???
    1985 Honda ATC 250ES
    1985 Honda ATC 250SX
    1984 Honda ATC 200M
    1983 Honda ATC 200
    1984 Honda ATC 110

--
    "got the call", I thought you were part of an elite team of Navy Seals and Marines being sent to take out that short little Korean Falker...

Fingers crossed!!
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    WOW

Very nice score. No good deed goes unrewarded!

You have good Yama-karma haha

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Big G View Post
    ...it looks like the front rack is upside down???
    It is on correct, just not level. Hard to see in the pics, but it looks like the bottom (or all) clamps need some adjusting.

There's a Owner's manual here for that. It's says 1984 (print date), but it's for a 1985.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Big G View Post
    Nice score. Did he give it to you, or did you buy it? I don't know anything about Yamaha trikes - never owned one, but it looks like the front rack is upside down???
    It was a "gift" you could say. I plan on fixing a few little things, and let my girlfriend use it for yard work. Thanks for the manual!

--
    Good score

I've had several of them. Used them all on a farm; and worked well.

Thought they were better balanced than a Big Red. My farm has some serious hills and the Yamaha's seemed to be more stable. To the naysayers, If you haven't tried both the Honda and the Yamaha head to head in a work setting; no need to add your speculative comments.

Yea, the shifter has some issues; get it up there where it belongs.

Does it start with the electric starter? When they got older, a source/pickup coil likes to get weak; just replace that coil and fix that.

Oh Yea, No rusted fuel tank on this Yamaha, like a Honda, the tank is very durable plastic.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //