//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Kate Steinle verdict

--
    My problem with the trial was that the suspect's legal status was kept from the jurors. Why would an illegal who has been caught in America five times previously be afforded the same rights as an American citizen?

To me the fact Zarate was an illegal should have been disclosed to the jury since this fact should be weighed in determining his guilt. Hiding the fact this man is not American, but a foreigner with a previous criminal record is not justice.

--
    Everyone thinks it won't happen to them.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/mil...?pid=153289288

This was a regular guy. Rode motorcycles. Worked on cars. Skateboarder. Regular, regular guy.

http://www.masslive.com/news/worcest...sentenced.html
    Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!!!!!

TRIKES:
    86 250r
    85 250sx
    86 250sx
    84 Yamaha 225DX - Bruins Trike
    85 Yama 225DX - The Rental!
    150cc Piranha powered 70
    110cc Lifan 70
    82 70
    83 ALT 50 Trail Buddy
    88 Yamaha BW 80
    84 z50

--
    Fabs, I do not have time at the moment to comment on all of what you wrote, but I’d like to make two points before I get on with my day.

I’ve met and worked with a number of stabbing victims and one shooting victim. Aside from violent wounds they all had one thing in common, the were all azzholes of the highest order. Based on Damon’s Internet demeanor it isn’t a hard stretch imagine him escalating a situation rather than trying to defuse it. Furthermore he informed us of it in a flippant manner as he did the passing of the innocent victim that the post was about. Remember the law of attraction? I suspect Damon’s cut was a result of it.

Secondly, some of us enjoy hunting. Hunting as I know it is not an act of violence. It is the continuation of tradition that made it possible for our species to get to the top of the food chain and it a great way to enjoy the outdoors and bond with friends and family. Hunting has always been part of our social structure. We don’t have to do it anymore in order to eat, but not that’s a decision personal choice and not one a politician or tree hugger should made.

--
    John, i can cite everything I said about the dude, except for the fact that he would care if she was friend or family. Everything you said about me is assumed incorrectly. Dont believe me? Look up the George Zimmerman/Treyvon Martin thread, i argued that Zimmerman should have went to jail because I don't care what color the victim is. Now, i believe after the verdict, i changed my opinion because of the new information I read. The news outlets told that they got into a scuffle that George started, and it ended with Treyvon being murdered. That wasn't what happened, and that wasn't what was argued in court. Treyvon made it home after the scuffle, then went back out to find and confront George. That's why it wasn't murder.

There are a few things the iritated me about this case. The first was the loss of life. I don't care what color or religion anyone is, the loss of life upsets me. Hearing about a woman die in front of her family is upsetting to me, i don't understand how it could not be upsetting to you, the dude, or anyone else. Second, this was preventable if common sense laws were upheld. No new laws need to be put in place here, the existing ones would have prevented this tragedy if they were followed. And third, the murderer wasn't held accountable for his actions. I don't understand how this isn't upsetting to everyone. Maybe I care too much, Idk. The day before Thanksgiving a woman was walking her dog here in western NY, and was shot by a hunter who mistook her for a deer. It was after legal sunset and she died. The hunter was arrested and charged with manslaughter. https://www.google.com/amp/abcnews.g...%3fid=51495064
    Does this upset you Dude? John? Because it sure upsets me. It's a terrible situation for everyone involved, but i hope the hunter is held accountable for his action because he was wrong. Just like the OP. If you find a gun on, pick it up and it goes of you should be held responsible. Assuming the defense's argument was true. Its common sense to me.

And about the stabbing stuff, Nico never said he should be stabbed or wants him stabbed. Just that he could understand from years of watching dude troll people for the sake of attention, he could see how someone would stab him. Take the emotion out of it, it's logical.

And while I'm ranting about rules and accountability, how is someone who has a lifetime ban for threatening other members with violence (if I remember correctly) allowed to come back under a different name and continue his trolling ways??? Maybe I care too much, i guess i should learn to calm down a bit. Idk
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

--
    The plain and simple facts of the matter are that our government is charged by the Constitution to maintain our borders. We have some local and state governments that are not only negligent in allowing the feds to do that job, but in open defiance of our immigration laws and actually putting out welcome mats for these people. I haven't the slightest objection to the orderly and lawful immigration of people who want to come here for the right reasons and become contributing citizens. I welcome them warmly. But for a criminal who was deported 5 times with little or no consequence to kill a US citizen and then walk for it is beyond atrocious when you consider the stances taken by these hack leftists who only want them here because they see then as an eventual electorate to Garner votes from. Its rotten to the core!
    Trikes:
    '85 ATC 350R
    '85 ATC 250R
    '86 ATC 350X
    '85 ATC 350X
    '84 ATC 200ES Big Red
    '84 ATC 125M
    '85 ATC 110
    '85 ATC 70/110

If you have bought from me or sold to me, please leave me feedback here>>> http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...+RIDE-RED+250r

--
    Amazing isn’t it? Douche has once again managed to turn a thread he admittedly does not know or care about, on a website he claims to not care about into a thread about him. Not the first time, but the first time I can recall that he’s pushed the plight of a murder victim off to the side to inject his special brand of duchery up to the front of the line. He’s even posted numerous times since saying he was done on this thread. Quite the drama queen he is.

I’m going to try and ignore him like he isn’t here for a while, maybe a week, a month, maybe forever? Make him and his twisted social opinions as meaningless as the plight of this young woman is to him as I believe he craves the attention he gets stirring it up on here more than anything else.

Maybe he’ll go away, disappear like she has. I invite anyone else who’s had enough of his “victim of the system” attitude to join me in a silent protest against this person being allowed to return to this site against the will of the owners, moderators and even some members.

Adios Dude

--
    I've also had enough of him. In recent retrospect, i've come to the conclusion that he not only starts fights with everyone, he causes fighting among others. I'm done with him. He retires like Kiss. Every 6 months he has a farewell tour.
    Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!!!!!

TRIKES:
    86 250r
    85 250sx
    86 250sx
    150cc Piranha powered 70
    110cc Lifan 70
    82 70
    83 ALT 50 Trail Buddy
    88 Yamaha BW 80
    84 z50

--
    You nailed it RedSox, I can’t help but wonder how many people I could have initiated and maintained meaningful relationships with if I haden’t allowed myself and my precious time on this Earth to be drawn into stupid spats with certain folks. Time to start fresh.

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Nico I think you misunderstood my point of view on hunting. I don't need an explanation why people hunt, I have no problem with other people hunting.

Joe S, when you insinuate that Damon would stand up for someone just because they are Muslim, it also insinuates that you would not stand up for someone because they are Muslim, or it is wrong for someone to stand up for someone who is Muslim. Our media has made it OK for you to be racist or an anti-Semite or whatever the correct terminology would be to not like Muslim people, hence my "brown people" comment. Whether you are aware or not, that's what our media has done to you and the rest of the country. It is OK and acceptable for Muslim people to be talked down about. And for the record, if you'd truly like to know how intelligent or not Damon is, you could both take IQ tests. I'll even take one as well. That would be a very simple way to see if you're right about that or not. I'd love to see that happen. I've been wanting to take one myself anyways.

Joe B, I think you might be misunderstanding my brown people comment, or I'm not conveying myself properly. That comment has nothing to do with the subject at hand, this "Kate Steinle" case. I know nothing about that and my brown people comment was not meant as a comment for this case. It was as I explained above. Also I hope you didn't misunderstand what I said about hunting as Nico did. I have no problem with people hunting.

Damon I like you, but it's a lonely club I'm in. I know, you don't care. Many of these guys are right though, you stir the pot something fierce. I cannot blame them for the way they feel about you (violence aside). It's unfortunate because you are a very smart guy, despite what these guys may try to say. Maybe it's not unfortunate, maybe this is all you know, but everything doesn't have to devolve into a shite show like this. Your views are strong, so are mine, and so are many of the other peoples' posting here, and whether or not you agree with them you must respect their right to their own beliefs. I know, you feel you don't owe them or anyone anything, including that respect, but these guys are making some points. Too much negativity is centralized around you and your comments.

The friggin mob mentality doesn't help though. I've watched Damon attempt to better himself on here and even when he tries you guys cut him right down first opportunity you get. Damon may have a tough history. Some may be his fault and some may not, however fighting negativity with more negativity does not help, especially in the moments when he is trying not to be so offensive. Nico specifically in my opinion. My view has changed of you Nico, since you've really started to put the screws to Damon. I've already touched on that subject before so no need to elaborate. I feel it really cheapens you, just my opinion.

I'm not looking to get into another one of "these" (too late) and I have no idea what this news story is so I'd like to just exit at this point. I hope I've covered all bases with everyone and I hope you guys can learn to get along with each other, and I hope you can help everyone do that Damon.
    Last edited by fabiodriven; 12-02-2017 at 03:50 PM.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    John, I did misunderstand your brown people comment. Thank you for further clarifying.

As to your stance on hunting, I took no offence whatsoever. I understand we are not all the same and you are just as free to refrain from such activities as I am to engage in them.

I know we don't see eye to eye on every issue, but posts like the one you made above is why I still respect you as a friend despite our disagreements. THAT is how it's supposed to work.

As to the Muslim topic, I feel it to be a very tricky one and probably best left to another thread.
    Trikes:
    '85 ATC 350R
    '85 ATC 250R
    '86 ATC 350X
    '85 ATC 350X
    '84 ATC 200ES Big Red
    '84 ATC 125M
    '85 ATC 110
    '85 ATC 70/110

If you have bought from me or sold to me, please leave me feedback here>>> http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...+RIDE-RED+250r

--
    I liked your post John, you were thoughtful as always. I didn't explain my self correctly, as always. The Muslim example was used as a way to show Dude's contrarian nature. I think it is wrong to stand up for someone for the sole reason that they are Muslim. I had a very good friend in college who is a Muslim. We drank, partied, etc. I would stand up for him as a friend and as a good person. I wouldn't blindly stand up for anyone I don't know just because they are a Muslim. I'm just not that good with explaining things, its another reason I didn't become a teacher.

My response to Damon was my own, it wasnt influenced by anything anyone said before me.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20171202-145923.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	755.8 KB 
ID:	248078
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Fantastic! I love you all! Group hug!
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Lol!!!!!
    Trikes:
    '85 ATC 350R
    '85 ATC 250R
    '86 ATC 350X
    '85 ATC 350X
    '84 ATC 200ES Big Red
    '84 ATC 125M
    '85 ATC 110
    '85 ATC 70/110

--
    I defended him when he came back as well. I was wrong to do so. How many chances does he get? You know what did it for me? I think you'd be surprised. It was when the kid from Vermont said that there isn't much good riding in VT and Damon berated him. He knows better. No matter the subject, Damon knows better than anyone. Just ask him. Damon could tell Tiger Woods how to drive a golf ball. He's just that good. But, he doesn't care. He's above it all. He's not interested in these plebeian dalliances. He's got better things to do. Again, just ask him.
    Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!!!!!

TRIKES:
    86 250r
    85 250sx
    86 250sx
    150cc Piranha powered 70
    110cc Lifan 70
    82 70
    83 ALT 50 Trail Buddy
    88 Yamaha BW 80
    84 z50

--
    Here's the way I see it. I don't think it's mob mentality at all. He comes in here with his very abrasive tone and passive/aggressive sociopathic ways. He seems to lack the ability to interact with people without insulting, belittling, berating those who don't share his view on things. I think that people who in the past just kept our mouths shut for the sake of keeping the peace have just had a belly full of it and are calling it for what it is. Its the very same behavior Mickey would engage in that many people here hated so much, but it's not religious views we are being pounded with, it's political views. The whole point of debate is to try and convince the other side that you are right. That can never happen when all you do is insult people. It's as if he is a wanna-be forum shock-jock whose sole mission is to make the biggest spectacle of a thing that he can. Sometimes it just gets to a point that enough is enough. I know he's a smart guy and I can converse with him on topics to do with Motorsports and whatnot, but politics?? I can't take it any more and I don't think I'm alone on that.
    Last edited by RIDE-RED 250r; 12-03-2017 at 09:05 AM.
    Trikes:
    '85 ATC 350R
    '85 ATC 250R
    '86 ATC 350X
    '85 ATC 350X
    '84 ATC 200ES Big Red
    '84 ATC 125M
    '85 ATC 110
    '85 ATC 70/110

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //