//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best 350x exhaust options

--

Best 350x exhaust options

Looking for what everyone thinks works best on their 350x. I booyght mine and it came with a cobra exhaust which I absolutely hate. It's way too loud of a pipe. I know there isn't too many options out there but was curious on different design modifications people have done and how they worked out? I would be looking for something with a spark arredtor as I'm riding in stubble fields and trails so I'll like it for my own comfort.
    Also, is the supertrapp slip on any good? I have a supertrapp on my 200x which I love.
    Thanks!

--
    A fairly popular option is an exhaust off of a 450r. This is what I did one mine, I just used a stock take off i found on ebay for a little bit of nothing. I left my stock head pipe and mid pipe (from the 350x) factory and was able to just cut the head pipe that came with the 450r exhaust to mate with the 350x mid pipe. The only other thing it required was moving the rear brake reservoir up an inch or so. with this it also opens up options to all 450r aftermarket pipes.

--
    HREATV.com header and custom pipe.

Arky-X is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamnahrt View Post
    A fairly popular option is an exhaust off of a 450r. This is what I did one mine, I just used a stock take off i found on ebay for a little bit of nothing. I left my stock head pipe and mid pipe (from the 350x) factory and was able to just cut the head pipe that came with the 450r exhaust to mate with the 350x mid pipe. The only other thing it required was moving the rear brake reservoir up an inch or so. with this it also opens up options to all 450r aftermarket pipes.
    This is what I have read about the most on here. Some have even taken a 400ex head pipe (I believe someone even used an XR400) and had a mid pipe made to mate with the 450R.

--
    supertrapp full exhaust.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    ^ Yep, or you gotta run a DG header to get the 1.625"s ID tubing.

But, I know what the concern is. We are paying 250 to 450$ for an old Supertrapp. In my case, I have nice full working systems so I'm good.

The average guy looks for a ST exhaust, gets a pitted, bent or cracked system (in some shape, form or fashion), and many times they won't come apart to service them; Scratch that, 80% of them probably don't come apart!!!!

So, yeah, just plan on making a custom system for the greatest benefit, or just a DG or Cobra that are obnoxiously loud but let ya boot up the main jet quite a bit!!

You can buy pre-bent tubing and all the other pieces if you look deep enough....
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--

Best 350x exhaust options

I originally bought a new DG aluminum series. Runs good. Way to loud. Like the cobra, maybe even louder. I kept the head pipe and bought a universal supertrapp and had a mid pipe made. Runs great and sounds /looks great too. Not to loud runs perfect and tuneable. About 400$ by the time I got the muffler mid pipe and had it welded.
    Edit also I know HRE has made a couple custom setups to use 400ex slip ons also 450r slip ons. And Mickey builds a full system also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

--
    That's why allot of guys just grab a cheap 100$ DG or Cobra; And, they will see gains if they jet up and let more air in.

They are just so damn loud!! The SuperTrapp is not necessarily "quiet", but it's a mean sound, not an obnoxious tone.....

I think the TRX450 exhausts I ran were also a great option; They were just very large and heavy!!

But Stainless Steel and a larger I.D. HRC tip on the 450 can are a GREAT option!!
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Thanks for all the responses everyone. I appreciate all the input. Seems like an issue for everyone. I just can't stand the noise of the Cobra and don't want to get the neighbours all mad at me.

Unless I can find a steal of a deal on a supertrapp set up, I think I'm going to go down the 450 route. Do you think I can get away with keeping the Cobra head pipe and mid section with a 450 silencer? I guess it just depends on the brand. Just wondering if anyone has a proven good set up? My brother works in a machine shop so bending and welding the pipe shouldn't be too much of a hassle.

kevin is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    I also ran a supertrapp and loved it!

--
    I never went through with it but I did mock up a FMF q4 silencer for a 400ex and it fit and looked great. You would have to make a mid pipe. If you have access to a good welder / fabricator look into the xr400 head pipe. A bit of welding and fan the fit nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

--
    Yes, your probably gonna need a mid-pipe.

Once you get one made up, your all set...

--
    Mickey Dunlop at Four Stroke Tech has been working hard on big bore kits and such for the 350X. You might contact him about a pipe.

--
    Had a bills on mine back in the day. Loved it
    1986 ATC 250R
    Ported w/ Cool head
    LED pipe and silencer.
    Boyesen Rad Valve
    Keihin PWK 38mm
    Works Ultra Cross Shock
    LSR +2 Axle
    American Star Racing +4 Swinger
    LED Intake
    Hi-Flite desert seat
    OEM clutch 89 upgrade
    2021 YFZ450Rse Rossier R5 Titanium Header AIS Delete FCI Vortex ECU

--
    The DG pipes perform well but are really loud. I've settled on the super trap being the best combo that I've ran. Even just the slip ons perform good and aren't that loud. Plus they have a spark arrestor by design and are adjustable to make up for changes made to the engine.
    YAMAHA 450 HYBRID
    85 350X- RED
    85 350x -BLACK
    86 350x-WHITE (with Goki)
    85 250r
    83 atc 70
    84 atc 70
    84 atc 110
    09 yfz 450
    2006 Arctic Cat Prowler
    RZR XP 900

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //