//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Harbor Freight: the good, the bad, and the ugly

--
    Tri-fold-ramps are the nuts!! $80 on the 20% off day.
    Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!!!!!

TRIKES:
    86 250r
    85 250sx
    86 250sx
    84 Yamaha 225DX - Bruins Trike
    85 Yama 225DX - The Rental!
    150cc Piranha powered 70
    110cc Lifan 70
    82 70
    83 ALT 50 Trail Buddy
    88 Yamaha BW 80
    84 z50

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by redsox View Post
    Tri-fold-ramps are the nuts!! $80 on the 20% off day.
    I forgot about that. I've been using my Harbor Freight tri-fold ramp for probably five years at least with zero issues whatsoever. The only problem with that unit is its a bit short, it could be longer.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

tripledog is offline I could be geriatricdog... at my age Got the holeshot
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    The only problem with that unit is its a bit short, it could be longer.
    If I only had a nickle for every time I heard that.

--
    The only problem with that unit is its a bit short, it could be longer.
    Sounds like something my wife would say.
    Last edited by El Camexican; 12-15-2017 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Freaking Trip Dog is faster than a raped ape

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --

Harbor Freight: the good, the bad, and the ugly

How did I not notice that, lmfao.
    Last edited by fabiodriven; 12-15-2017 at 09:30 PM.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

tripledog is offline I could be geriatricdog... at my age Got the holeshot
    --
    How did I not notice that, lmfao.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It could happen to anyone. The mindset of certain site members is gutterly ridiculous.

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by tripledog View Post
    It could happen to anyone. The mindset of certain site members is gutterly ridiculous.
    Keeping up can be draining.
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    I have an angle grinder, reciprocating saw, tire changer, and a travel plastic tool box full of their hand tools, 8 gal air compressor all which I can't complain about. Tools not worth the packaging they are in that purchased: hole saw set, easy outs, pancake compressor that leaked from the beginning ( unfortunately I didn't open for 2 months and lost receipt), small air nozzles, 18 volt drill w/light. I do have the free flashlights everywhere though
    insanity - Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result

My Feedback Thread.....http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck-for-MRSOUND

86 honda big red
    85 250sx
    82 250r
    86 klt 185 black (project)
    86 klt 185 red
    85 klt 160 (Floyd)
    85 klt 110 X2 (projects)
    86 klt 110 X2
    84 klt 200
    84 atc 70
    DUCKSTER!

--
    I had to use my buddy's 20 ton shop press twice for the crank and bearings in my kx250 lower end. If I have to use someone elses press more than once, I probably need one myself.

--
    I'm guilty too, as I've bought a few tools there as well. I try to only buy non-power tools there, as I prefer quality brand name power tools over their stuff.

Harbor Freight Tools that I've purchased:
    Comically gigantic crescent wrench (for removing axle lock nuts on the 250R)(worked awesome)
    Pipe wrench set (works well)
    Nail punch set (works awesome)
    Digital caliper (works awesome)
    C-clamps (works awesome)
    Wood handscrew clamps (works awesome)
    Pin punch set (works awesome)
    Digital multi-meter (works awesome)
    Hole punch set (works awesome)
    Impact socket set (works awesome)
    Hole saw set (strictly light duty, cutting only! I wouldn't try on anything thicker than 3/4" plywood)
    Drill bit set (works awesome)
    Steering wheel puller set (works awesome)
    Shop brush (works awesome)
    Digital scale (works awesome)

Harbor Freight Power Tools that I've purchased:
    Angle grinder (vibrated itself until cracking plastic grinder body. Vibrations mostly due to out of balance grinding wheel that came with it)(replaced with a Makita)
    Heat gun (works awesome)
    3/8" reversible pneumatic drill (first one kept running while hooked up to air source, returned it, 2nd one works awesome)
    3/8" cordless drill (had to try it for $20, lasted about a year until battery wouldn't hold a charge, and smoke came out of motor)(replaced with a Bosch)
    Red Rider's Sand Machine Updated 07/23/14

--
    Just watched this video on torque sticks. Apparently they get the nod and they're a good buy.

https://youtu.be/6ccxHCwnQPY
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    I also bought the giant crescent wrench for my axle nuts. Works perfect.
    A friend of mine bought the giant rollaway toolbox when it was on sale for $600. Its built way better than my $1200 Kennedy box.

Their sand paper is useless. As well as their batteries.
    Air fittings leak.
    20 ton hydraulic press works well.
    Tire changer works OK if you bolt it to the floor. But I've had to weld it back together a few times.
    Tie downs are crap.
    Bucket of bungee cords is good.
    Mechanics gloves are as good as any I've had for 1/4 of the price.
    Oxy/ Accetaline guages, hose and torch work well.
    YAMAHA 450 HYBRID
    85 350X- RED
    85 350x -BLACK
    86 350x-WHITE (with Goki)
    85 250r
    83 atc 70
    84 atc 70
    84 atc 110
    09 yfz 450
    2006 Arctic Cat Prowler
    RZR XP 900

--
    I have had great experiences with all the products I have purchased at Harbor freight in so far as knowing what to expect for what I was paying,,,, with 1 recent exception. Now with that said, there was absolutely NO problem in returning for full refund and several heartfelt apologies for my inconvenience.
    I redo Kawasaki Tecate, KDX, (and even KX once in awhile) flywheels. Magnets inside quite often.
    I purchased my bench top sand blaster at a local TSC store (Tractor Supply Company). Paid about 110.00 + tax. Bought their alu oxide media big pail for 70+ dollars and work(s) like a champ.
    Media breaks down over repeated use,,, that's a given. Harbor freight had alu oxide media for just under 50 dollars,,,, great !
    Not so great,,,, it contains iron,,,, LOTS of iron. Made for one heck of a mess on a flywheel I was working on that did not require the magnets to be removed. Nothing noted on the box it contains ferrous material,,,, dam.
    Back to normal again after a complete cleaning of my sand blaster + purchasing TSC's alu oxide blasting media.
    At harbor freight every one was amazed their alu oxide stuck to a magnet I brought along. Manager got too looking in some web file and discovered there was mention of ferrous material and said "why the HECK don't they put that on the box ! "

Arky-X is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by BOB MARLIN View Post
    I also bought the giant crescent wrench for my axle nuts. Works perfect.
    I bought one of those too for my X axle nut.....that and I thought it was so cool. I showed my wife and said, "see how big it is!" She was, "like I haven't heard that before."
    I've had good luck out of all the Pittsburgh tools but haven't tried their screwdrivers yet.

--
    The "PRO" impact sockets and the extensions are good. (they are the black ones not the chrome).
    Table top blasting cabinet is useable if you hook a shop vac up to it. But you need to keep it full of media and have LOTS of air.
    The angle grinder I bought scares me every time I use it.
    20 ton press is great.

They have a new product line of trays, screw driver holders, cup holders, towel hangers that are made of metal and are magnetic so you can stick them on your tool box, lift, fender well or whatever. I really like them and cant get enough of them. On sale they are $9.

The battery trickle chargers are junk, buy a "battery tender" instead. A friend of mine has caught his garage on fire twice using Chinese battery chargers.
    You can't beat the free tape measure or flash light.
    Zip ties are crap.
    Electrical tape is crap.
    Crimp on wire connectors are crap.

I bought the big and medium size bolt cutters when they were on sale real cheap 10 years ago and have used the crap out of them, they work well and held up much better than I was expecting.
    Last edited by BOB MARLIN; 01-27-2018 at 09:26 AM.
    YAMAHA 450 HYBRID
    85 350X- RED
    85 350x -BLACK
    86 350x-WHITE (with Goki)
    85 250r
    83 atc 70
    84 atc 70
    84 atc 110
    09 yfz 450
    2006 Arctic Cat Prowler
    RZR XP 900

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //