//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tri-z cylinder

--

Tri-z cylinder

I need to know how tall a stock tri-z cylinder is from the base gasket surface to the head gasket surface. I'm pretty sure my cylinder has been decked, and need to determine how much material was taken off the top.
    I need to figure this out before doing stage 1 of the wrench report and to get the correct dome for my coolhead.
    Thankyou, Bob.

--
    I’ll measure mine when I get home. I pulled mine off to port it, it’s my first time but I’m going for it. Anyways check back in a bit if needed body else posts up the info I’ll do it.

--
    Any Yamaha guys have a stock cylinder laying around that they could put a set calipers to? I came up with 4.975 after thoroughly cleaning the gasket surfaces.
    I'm really happy with how the 2nd boost port turned out, but I can't do the exhaust port until I know what my cylinder's story is. Thankyou in advance, Bob.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by bobtdms View Post
    Any Yamaha guys have a stock cylinder laying around that they could put a set calipers to? I came up with 4.975 after thoroughly cleaning the gasket surfaces.
    I'm really happy with how the 2nd boost port turned out, but I can't do the exhaust port until I know what my cylinder's story is. Thankyou in advance, Bob.
    I’ll get you this in a few days if you can wait. How far from the top of the cylinder is the peak of your exhaust port now? Got a pic of the boost port?
    It sucks to get old

--
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180118_185807.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	2.50 MB 
ID:	249528 The ports look much better in person. The camera didn't do me any favors.

The exhaust port is currently 1.458in./37.03mm from the top. I thought stock was about 38mm At one time someone did a clean-up port job. I'm not sure how much material may have been taken out of the exhaust port.
    Thanks again, Bob.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180118_185720.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	1.88 MB 
ID:	249537

--
    Just got home, will get you the # tomorrow. The stock exhaust ports can be a little rough at the top, so just matching the cast iron to the aluminum could raise it .5mm
    It sucks to get old

--
    top of exhaust to deck is 38mm

--
    Quote Originally Posted by lndy650 View Post
    top of exhaust to deck is 38mm
    How do you know?

--
    because i just put my boots on and trudged through 4 feet of snow to my lower shed where a stock tri-z cylinder sits on a shelf. then i took my caliper and measured from the top of the sleeve to the top of the exhaust port.
    or im yoda and i used the force to guide me.

--
    because i just put my boots on and trudged through 4 feet of snow to my lower shed where a stock tri-z cylinder sits on a shelf. then i took my caliper and measured from the top of the sleeve to the top of the exhaust port.
    or im yoda and i used the force to guide me.
    How do you have time to do all this pro bono charity work while banking thousands in your shop each day? you've been posting non stop all night so the shed must not be far.

I'd triple check any info this dude gives. Peace out homies.

--
    its not that far to walk genius and i own what they call a computer and a phone. find one instance where ive given bad advice

--
    Stock cylinder, 68mm bore, never touched, base to deck 126.50mm. Deck to top of exhaust port is 37.50mm.

Keep in mind that boring the cylinder lowers your port heights in relation to the deck.
    It sucks to get old

--
    Thanks El Camexican, that's exactly what I needed to know. Looks like my cylinder is still stock height. Sometimes it can be a pain to figure out a machines mechanical history.

--
    just found this. its going to vary .5 mm or so depending on where exactly you measure mine is right at 38 though
    http://www.quadpit.com/mags/1985/3-4...-report-01.htm

--
    just found this. its going to vary .5 mm or so depending on where exactly you measure mine is right at 38 though
    Post a pic of the cylinder you allegedly measured

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //