//ArrowChat Code
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Elon Musk

--
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    One thing I like about Elon is how he openly speaks out against artificial intelligence. I agree with his stance that AI is something that should not be trifled with.

I saw that sentiment come out of him in a video I was watching last week which was a story about why he's so far behind on producing his cars. Initially he had an almost completely automated assembly line made to assemble his cars. Once production began, the Tesla company was having major issues with the assembly line robots. During the interview Musk was asked what the problem was with the assembly line, and his response was that they over-automated it, plain and simple. He imagined an almost completely autonomous assembly line where the cars are assembled by robots. He said the reality is that the human being is "extremely underrated". I do agree with him on that as well as his stance on AI.
    I'll agree with his assessment on AI but go a step further.

When you attempt to automate all of manufacturing, you eliminate millions of jobs. Millions of jobless people can't go get car loans. Car manufacturers can't survive without millions of people being able to get car loans and buy cars.

Maybe Elon is scared that with AI, all his factory robots will rise up one day and rip themselves from their pedestals and try to kill the human threat. Plus robots don't buy electric cars.

It's feedback loops everywhere you look in this type of economy and when one of the participants in that loop gets out of tenous balance, the whole thing crashes in in itself. So I think he only understands part of the problem with not only AI, which is highly dangerous, but total manufacturing automation as well. The maddening pursuit of continuous profit growth will eventually eat itself.

The idiots offered solution to this quandary is to "re-educate everyone in manufacturing" ....which simply shifts the imbalance into other career fields....the solution for that imbalance?...."well we will give everyone a basic income or some sort of stimulus money to prop up the economy" (which means free money print so that the lower echelon of society can continue to feed the beast that is the upper echelon and protect their completely irresponsible standards of living....and pray it "trickles down".....funny because not all of this stimulus will EVER trickle down as alot of it is just hoarded at the top. People keep believing that nonsense though.

And no, I'm not a Communist by a long shot. F@#K Marxism.... I believe in a balanced, fair, AMERICAN CENTRIC capitalist economy being the best idea... I don't subscribe to the whole "no regulation and yes free trade in a free market" Libertarian ideology either.

That's like saying the 21st Amendment solves alcohol abuse and all the trouble it causes. Ron Paul smokes the crack.

Sorry Fabs, I got off the road a bit

However this relevant to your comments popped up in my YT suggestions and Elon is in it

https://youtu.be/Cltgr0jfWE4

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ironchop; 05-13-2018 at 02:25 PM.

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --

Elon Musk

I think as far as automation is concerned, even though in this instance it failed, I'd be willing to bet that a huge percentage of manufacturing plants and factories will be almost completely autonomous not long from now. If you think people are going to be staffing factories for the rest of human existence, I would disagree. I understand the economics behind displacing the workers who otherwise would be staffing said plants, but foregoing progress in the name of pity is not how the business world works. People will be displaced regardless, it's already happening and that is only going to continue. I don't doubt that in my lifetime I will see a point in time where machines make almost everything, and almost everything will be autonomous. You almost don't need human operators for tractors and combines now. In all honesty, with GPS and the multitude of amazing modern technologies now, I bet it would be feasible to trailer your dozer, excavator, and loader to a lot, select a pre-engineered program on a computer, and let the machines rip. Sure you'd need someone to deal with the expected messes like stuck machines and breakdowns, fueling and greasing, but then what about if we made an automated recovery, maintenance, and repair fleet? I certainly don't have the know how, desire, or money to do that, but in this day and age it is a feasible scenario. It would certainly falter at first as any fledgling technology, much like Elon's assembly line robots, but it could certainly evolve. There lies the other edge- How smart do we want to allow these machines to be? I'm sure we've all seen Maximum Overdrive. If that does occur, keep your ears open for the buzzin dozen, and run if you hear it.

So what to do with the displaced people? Nobody has the answer to that yet. With the future comes change, it is the only constant. With constant changes come new and previously unknown opportunities, so the solution to the problem of people displaced from factories may well not exist yet. What I do know is that you cannot stop progress, so the people will be didplaced at some point. Perhaps the situation globally will be so altered in relation to what we know now that people wouldn't necessarily have to work, or they could work far less. Perhaps people will have more opportunities to be human beings instead of robots. Many people live to work and know nothing else.

It could devolve into WWIII, or it could be the next Renaissance.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    "Things like this didn't happen when we had men on the bottling line! Well then, lets get some men on the bottling line!" -Strange Brew

Elon sells bullshite,,, and business is good.
    Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!!!!!

TRIKES:
    86 250r
    85 250sx
    86 250sx
    84 Yamaha 225DX - Bruins Trike
    85 Yama 225DX - The Rental!
    150cc Piranha powered 70
    110cc Lifan 70
    82 70
    83 ALT 50 Trail Buddy
    88 Yamaha BW 80
    84 z50

--
    Many people float the idea of a living wage or direct payment to every citizen for simply breathing air. AI &robotics will most certainly increase in factory settings since they can replace humans with ROI's within months..no SS, Medicare, health insurance, workman's comp,unemployment insurance, paid sick days. vacation time, 401K match, life insurance, FMLA.

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    That was rather entertaining
    It sucks to get old

--
    Libs hate how trump tweets insults to anyone who oposses him, but all you can hear are crickets about this.
    http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2018/07/...-idea.amp.html
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

--
    That dick wad put his foot in it this time called the cave diver a pedo.

--
    Hmmm...hypocritical billionaire vs a team of experienced cave divers... Who do we trust to get these malnourished kids of out this cave?

His little submarine was just another way to try and take the human element out of anything and everything he possibly can.
    Suicide Hill Survivor

The rides:
    1981 ATC110
    1982 ATC185
    1983 ATC185s
    1984 ATC200es
    1985 ATC200x

When the going gets tough, the tough get sideways

--
    Greenhuman, are you Mr. Whyte?
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

--
    No. Mr Whyte wants to be just like me but all he can do is keep trying. Lol.

--
    His submarine would have probably run over three of the kids on autopilot, crashed into the wall of the cave, and then burst into flames.... Like his cars do

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ironchop; 07-17-2018 at 01:38 PM.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //