//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2018 NEEDT 3 Wheeler class changes

--

2018 NEEDT 3 Wheeler class changes

There were lots of exciting changes made this winter to the trike classes, make sure you guys read up. Feel free to ask any questions, i know some parts are a little confusing.

2018 3 Wheeler Official Classes:

3 Points Class Now available at Every Round of Racing in 2018

1) 3 Wheelers Pro/am Open ... Open cc - Modified
    This is the series Premier 3 Wheeler Class. Requires use of “Joker Lane” during heat and main event. A rider who enters this class is NOT eligible to participate in 3 Wheeler Amateur Open Class but may participate in the 3 Wheeler Lites class

2) 3 Wheeler Lites 200/350
    Engine CC Maximum allowed: 250cc maximum two stroke engines with up to .80 overbore allowed , liquid cooled 4 stroke motors up to 300cc maximum limit (no overbore over 300cc) (Example: crf250) and air cooled 4 stroke motors up to 350cc 4 stroke (example 350x) with up to .80 overbore allowed on air cooled 4 stroke motors.

3) 3 Wheeler Amateur Open .. Open cc - Modified -
    This is an amateur level Classification. A rider who enters this class is NOT eligible to participate in 3 Wheelers Pro-am Open Class but may participate in Lites Class. Please note: All NEEDT 3 Wheeler Amateur Open Current and Past Points Champions will be required to move up in classification the following year and thereafter which follow same guidelines as ATV Amateur Classifications.

Exhibition
    1) 3 Wheelers 200x
    2) 3 Wheeler Youth

Special Event "Pine Lake 49th Anniversary" Exhibition Classes

1) 3 Wheeler 200x Expert (A, Pro-am) Special Event Race
    2) 3 Wheeler 200x Amateur
    3) 3 Wheeler Vintage
    4) Novice (Beginner class- similiar rules as ATV Novice Class, win once and out of this class for good) NO Sandbaggers!!
    5) 3 Wheeler Youth Sr.
    6) 3 Wheeler Youth Jr.

Possible 350x Open Class may also be considered based upon entries and time availability for this event also

Exhibition 2 Stroke will also still be available for 3 Wheelers

1) This Special Exhibition Class will be available to any ATV or 3 Wheeler that has an old school 2 Stroke Engine

The series thanks again the 3 Wheeler community for their valued input in the re-design of a newly developed class structure that should help include all levels of riders with having a place to go at every round and be competitive without being limited because of the machine they own and ride, but based upon the riders ability..

The Lites class should now allow more machines to be able to enter this class to allow a hopeful growth of that class. This class then may be revisited after the 2018 season.

The goal is to have Classes more designed to reflect riders Ability than machines that are owned which follows in accordance with now most of the ATV Class structure, which should hopefully help with growth of 3 Wheeler racing which is the common goal of everyone involved in 3 Wheeler racing.

Please note:
    According to rules: Procedures #29) If a rider is found to of entered in a class that is beyond his/her level of riding ability NEEDT reserves the right to ask that rider to move down in classification to a class that better suits their ability at the discretion of the NEEDT official. The series also reserves the right to move a rider up in classification during the course of the season if the rider fair exceeds the ability of riders in their classification. This rule Applies to Pro-am Open and Amateur Open in 2018 so we can make sure a rider is where he/she is safe and belongs.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20171224-103422.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	107.3 KB 
ID:	248695
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

--
    Thanks for the info.
    250r rules

Outlaw #24 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    So the 200/350 lites you are allowing 250CC 2 strokes with a .80 over bore?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw #24 View Post
    So the 200/350 lites you are allowing 250CC 2 strokes with a .80 over bore?
    That is correct. This will open up the class to more riders. They are trying to move to more skill based classes instead of machine based. At the 2 day races like the July pine lake race, the exhibition classes will be offered. The vintage, possibly 2 200x classes, etc. This is to try to help speed the 1 day races up. At the Paradise race last year they ran out of time and the unlimited 6 wheelers weren't able to run their main, and at the Hamlin race about a third of the classes were in able to run their main. The NEEDT series isn't perfect, they have the occasional hiccup but they change things every year to get better.
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

--
    The lites class is allowing 250 liquids this year.I ran my air cooled 250r in lites last year.
    250r rules

--
    I'm excited to see a youth class for the Kids. I've been trying to field 4matched Zingers for just this type of event. My biggest set back has been good restorable seats otherwise I'd have 6 of these to let rip. If all goes well I'll be looking for riders(experanced, with a Parent waver) to field the machines. The idea was to give a kid that has a Quad/mini bike experance to be like Dad, and race some Vintage 60cc auto units without having to go through trying to find,restore and field a machine for just 1race.

Husky250 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I just talked to the folks over at Pine Lake about the HS they are having after the NEEDT flat track on July 21-22. They said there wont be a separate class for 3 wheelers but they can enter in any quad class they desire for the harescrambles on Saturday. 86 X... probably the B class...

--
    I raced in exhibition 2 stroke class at Paradise I was the only trike in the class with some nice trx 250rs and a quadracer. Got the hole shot and finished 3rd. We only raced the main no heat race for some classes.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180611_193522.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	2.31 MB 
ID:	253633 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180611_193555.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	2.39 MB 
ID:	253634
    250r rules

--
    Even though i enjoyed my first time at pine lake this year.The Amateur open class was a joke.There were more big bore trikes and pro riders in the Amateur open class than there were amateurs. It was like shooting ducks on a pond.For us actual amateurs who are just starting tt with mildly modded race trikes,we didn't have a chance to barely qualify.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	123951.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	134.5 KB 
ID:	253709

--
    I'd agree on many levels with you on this MadMan. 1Class looked off and was won by a very large margin IMO. It was an Open Class but respectively was not Pro/AM. I don't have to say much more than that Class got CherryPicked and the rider knows it, but that's racing. I'd suggest a move back up the ladder in Class for that guy. Too much good tight racing to talk about outside that unfortunate but obivious walk away win. Josh tossing away 1st place with a hairpin spin out to lose 4 positions. The reigning Champ ATCTim in tow narrowly making the pass took over the #1 spot. Josh was quick to gather up the mistake and railed back to 2nd place in a hurry. The BATTLE that would be the tightest of the day between two ball-busting buddies. No holds bared grudge match for the Title BudLightLime cash in hand Hardtial Champion 2018! The crowds on the rails enjoyed an Epic back in forth fight to the finish. Swapping lines squaring each other up diving in and pinning the deep sweeper, right to the checker flag by a nose...great job! Terrific Race tons of fun at the NatyBula this year.
    Not taking away from another Great Battle in the Mains...I think USPS should hire JacobHall, he really hauls the mail. SOLID Win from behind working his lines and commanding passes all over the track. It was no easy win and a text book lesson on how to get it ragg!!!
    Last edited by Tri-Z 250; 07-23-2018 at 03:18 PM.

efhondakid is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Wish I would have known I could have rode lites with a 250. Would have been the best bet for my stock R to not get out motored so hard hahah. It was a blowout in Pro Open for the little R that could.
    2 in the back, 1 in the front.

--
    Yes, the amateur open did have a couple people who probably shouldn't have been there. The winner had planned to race his 200x on that class, which blew up Friday. But, it is a skill class, not machine based. At every race this year the open am has had 1 or 2 people that shouldn't have been there. The first 3 rounds were won a by former 200x pro, NY had 2 elite level 200x riders also. That isn't the idea of the class, I'll try to keep that from happening.

Brent, you rode your ass off in Open, nothing to be ashamed about with your finish. But yes, you can run Lites also. There is a race at Hamlin speedway (PA) on August 18th and another at pine lake on September 15th. Hamlin is a small, tight track, your stock 250r won't be at much of a disadvantage there. There is also circle track racing Friday night before the race, i hope you can make it out to these 2

--
    Open Am is not what I thought it would be honestly - but then again - racing is always a challenge - it's what makes it fun! Are there people in that class who shouldn't be? Probably, but then again that is why there are rules. Until the rules are broken - not much can be done. I would suggest a slower ameater class be added - and after attendance this year - it could happen - but will the attendance spikes continue on next year? Or will there be classes not filled? Time will tell.
    RIP - Yamahondaman!! You will never be forgotten!
    RIP - Sam Brehm!! Gone but NEVER forgotten!
    RIP - Sandpuppi101 - You will live on in my mind - I miss you friend!

efhondakid is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by 86T3 View Post
    Brent, you rode your ass off in Open, nothing to be ashamed about with your finish. But yes, you can run Lites also. There is a race at Hamlin speedway (PA) on August 18th and another at pine lake on September 15th. Hamlin is a small, tight track, your stock 250r won't be at much of a disadvantage there. There is also circle track racing Friday night before the race, i hope you can make it out to these 2
    Byron, not Brent.

I thank you, I will be back to Pine Lake in Sept. Gonna ditch the +2 swinger and stock gearing for Rd 2 so hopefully I can put the power down a little better and not be out of gear by the scoring tower. I didn’t even plan on running Pro but I let Streeter talk me into it haha.
    2 in the back, 1 in the front.

--
    Yes it's racing, and once you win Amature you respectfully move up, that's all. Everyone has the right to get their feet wet even Old Pros, but once you smoke the field and Celebrate it's up the ladder. Never enter a class based on your buddy telling you go straight to the TOP. Get some wins under your belt, and progress to the Open/Pro. I've seen it all at PineLake and Yes it favors a big motor, but I've seen more passes based on smooth, skill, holding it on through the sweeper. Fighting a Bigbore as to a smooth crisp R that won't beat you out of a win, gets better results.
    I've always said A,B,C classes....Stock, Mod, Hybrid(now that they have the numbers to fill a gate) Open $ class. The 200Hardtail might be the step for the entry level 1st timer and it is. It's also mostly filled with very competive skilled riders which makes it a good class to learn in. Ask any one in the Class most had that as a second class, and trust me it's the one they'll talk up most, based on FUN alone.
    Last edited by Tri-Z 250; 07-24-2018 at 02:28 PM.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //