//ArrowChat Code

Thread: More Snow Ruing my Plans

--

More Snow Ruing my Plans

We are getting pounded on with another storm tonight. i had plans for a couple snowmobile builds but its looking bleak now. Lots of the parts I need are outside or in my lower shed which is buried now. The first 3 ft we got was rained on a bit and then hardened so shoveling is next to impossible. I'm seriously considering moving south. Georgia maybe...
    Anyway if i can get the stuff i need into the shop i have an old skidoo citation the really light ones with the 250 single. It had the chaincase and secondary clutch on the same side which is fine for little engines but cant hold up to more horsepower so i installed a polaris indy chassis chaincase and jackshaft and i have a tohatsu 340 twin im going to install. The other project i have is a polaris indy chassis with an edge suspension and a 128 inch track. im going to fabricate an edge front suspension or maybe even a a-arm front suspension for it. for that one i have an old indy 500 twin that i put a ton of work into the port timing raised and the compression was bumped up and i have a set of rare decker twin pipes for it. I ran it back in 2010 or so and it would keep up with newer 600's and was a blast to ride making power around 9000 rpms.
    ok my rant is over i guess.i doubt anyone will get this far but it gave me something to do
    man i hate being snowed in.

--
    I was stationed in NY for many years, spent a lot of time in the Tug Hill area. I was amazed at the amount of snow there every winter.

--
    ya we get a crazy amount its fun at times but it gets old. the best would be to live out west where if you want deep snow you just drive up into the mountains but at least you dont have to live with it. just curious were you stationed on griffiss before the shut down or on ft drum?

--
    Griffiss, ex in-laws have a 400 acre dairy farm in Lowville.

--
    oh cool i grew up on a dairy farm i live just between constableville and west leyden. im curious about griffiss i know they still do low key stuff there. always c 130s flying in and out in the middle of the night

--
    Been through there many times, Turin Rd., my other way to Lowville was the Gorge road (they may have other names, I just know them by those).

First time I ever saw snowmobiles race across water, was in West Leyden.

--
    hell ya i loved the west leyden field days. i was too young when they had races there but my brother was the champ of the old dog water crosses and when i started racing i used to practice there all the time. the lady that owns the west leyden hotel now calls the cops so i cant practice there anymore.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //