//ArrowChat Code
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Anyone with experience with Cryptocurrancies?? XRP BTC LTC ETH

--
    The only reason I haven't jumped in is because I don't understand how block chain works or how it translates into money. It was the same story when a buddy was teaching me day trading in 1999 and buy/sell stocks was easy enough but then there's put options, short selling, futures, commodities markets, etc, etc.

I know I'm smart enough, but it was all about the time commitment to learning the whole thing that prevented me from making any serious effort back then and it's still an impedence now.

As for crypto, it's new and different and I'm the kind of person who has to fully understand what I'm doing before investing in that, first of all. Second, I'm really tight on extra cash at the moment thanks to an unfortunate series of medical problems over a ten year period which is why it's taken three years to build a 250R rider with my extra pennies and hustling the rest. My wife got seriously injured at work last year and it's curbed her income a bit as well.

The trike is almost done and I'm within $10K of paying off this current list of medical bills not counting the heart procedure I still need soon but that's another story. I guess maybe I should have dumped the $3500 I had hustled, into crypto instead of a 250R. That would have been the prudent thing to do, but it's my last hurrah and then I'm not building any more sport machines. A Trikefest and an Imperial Invasion and I'll probably sell it.

I just turned 47 last week so I need to stop making excuses for not jumping in. I probably shouldn't give a rats behind how block chain works and just learn how to invest in it because that's the bottom line anyway. I lost almost all my 401K value in 2008 and cashed out after our plant went belly up and I couldn't get work in the industry for 18 months. Now, alot of companies around here that offer 401K were not matching employee contributions at my level until recently so it made no sense to reinvest in that. Manufacturing in America as a career is going in the toilet thanks to Neoliberal economic policy, NAFTA, Free trade, and every other global manufacturing scheme aimed at killing high-paid tradesmen and labor. The only way out for me is to go back into plant management which is actually less secure than a machinist in today's "gotta make more in this quarter than last quarter" infinite cycle of investors chasing bigger dividends culture. I'm perpetually at the mercy of the "zero actual work" top-feeders as long as I stay in this line of work. I'm exploring my options to get out ASAP. This goose is cooked.

Sorry for the off-track rant

So it boils down to, "If you can't beat em, join em".

I'm ready to stop making excuses and jump in, Steve and I do appreciate this thread for sure. Just because you haven't got PMed by me doesn't mean I'm not interested, I'm just in a tight spot these last couple years which will free up soon. Maybe I'll go out to the garage later and look at my pile of accumulated goodies and find something I hardly use and sell it for cash. Maybe cash in some of my precious metals. I'd like to throw in $1000 minimum at first to expedite my profit building as I feel like just $100 is playing around and not getting anywhere very fast at all.

If I get to TF, I'll track y'all down and we can sit face to face and you can teach me what you know. I'm DEFINITELY interested in doing this.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ironchop; 04-29-2018 at 10:12 AM.

--
    EOS has made me TONS OF CASH!! This stuff is chicken, ya just gotta immerse yourself in it.

I will have my 200K garage in a year or two, Crypto has past the point of no return. Nothing can stop it.

For the record, I HATE BITCOIN!!; I hate putting all my faith into one big thing, when I have so many promising Alt coins... But, you have to buy one of the big 3 to trade, and I have a sneaky suspicion BTC is gonna drop to 7K levels. If that happens, I will dump 50K into into this stuff as it has soooo much room to grow...

EOS now, XRP and TRX soon... Before they MOON!!
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Lets revisit this thread gentlemen. It’s been over 3 years. How do you all stand?
    R.I.P. John Swinehart
    TRIKEFEST 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
    Epic Mikfest 17
    86 200x
    85 250sx
    85 big red
    85 atc 70

Fabiodriven- cereal goes in first, then milk.
    I’ve got an 8” Grip on a 10” turd... Kyle Kiser

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    My best was a couple months back, roughly $6500 in, worth almost 13k. Then during the dip I was holding at about dead even, $6500 worth $6500. Earlier this week I was at $9500 and at this moment now I'm at $8800.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Gave up on Bit when it dipped hard some months ago and swapped it for Eth which promptly dropped.

Looks like it’s coming back again, but this time when our investment has doubled we’re cashing out and waiting for it to drop again before getting back in.

It really sucked to watch all the gains evaporate last time. Sure wouldn’t want to have all my eggs in a crypto basket.
    It sucks to get old

--
    I bought dogecoin at .06 and sold at .35 I started with 500 bucks in robinhood, moved 1400 profit into my mad money acct. left 500 in robinhood and bought etherium ($450) now worth $350 another stock at 50 bucks that's worth 35 bucks now. ether is going back up, when I break even or close ill probably bail and stick my 500 into some boring mutual fund.
    my wife started with 750 took out her initial investment and still have about 1800 in dogecoin . jim
    81 185s
    82 185s with 85 200s motor
    suspended 185s
    85 atc70
    1984 200s
    85 350x 3rd owner
    and a 72 ct70

projects coming along

85 200s
    81 suspended 185s (can't believe I came across 2)
    1982? 185s

--
    Why not buy and hold? That seems pretty effective to me.
    R.I.P. John Swinehart
    Epic Mikfest 17
    86 200x
    85 250sx
    85 big red
    85 atc 70

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --

Anyone with experience with Cryptocurrancies?? XRP BTC LTC ETH

I do have to say, almost all credit goes to dirtcrasher on what coins I have. I did also consult Captain Greezy and TecateDan and I thought about everything everyone had to say. I'm very happy holding the four I currently do. For a penny stock I have DGB, for a "known" coin I have ETH (more TecateDan's suggestion on that one), then I have LINK and ADA, both of which seem to do really well. With those two it seems one can be down and the other up, so they keep things even. More often than not they're all either up or down simultaneously it seems. Maybe someday one of them will take off. I was told in the beginning whatever I invest, consider it gone, forget about it. I'm going to see how far it goes I guess.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Quote Originally Posted by captainweezy View Post
    Why not buy and hold? That seems pretty effective to me.
    The people I know down here that mess with crypto and metals all say that the key to making a profit is to keep buying and selling.

I don’t have time for that, so what I have goes up and down at the whims of others. The only way I can see myself ever getting rich off crypto is if it jumps way up and stays there, but based on what I’ve seen it’s unlikely to ever stabilize at a high value.

However, if you had bit and sold it off just as it started coming down from a record peaks and then bought back in every time it started a rally I would assume one could have turned a thousand bucks into almost one hundred thousand bucks.

Regardless, hindsight is always 20/20 and that’s what I’d need to make money on cryptos.

Just my $0.02
    It sucks to get old

--
    �� lets see here.... coin was under 20k before this year now as of today it is over double that. Not too shabby. Maybe I should buy some of this scam stuff right now or should I wait until maybe it goes up to double what it is now. �� choices, choices. All joking aside, Its very interesting to say the least. One country has already adopted it. I do believe we are going to see some incredible moves.
    R.I.P. John Swinehart
    Epic Mikfest 17
    86 200x
    85 250sx
    85 big red
    85 atc 70

--
    As far as I know Bit has been banned in few countries, but Eth is being considered as a viable currency.

What I don’t like about Eth is that there’s no limit to what can be produced, so I don’t see how that’s any different that paper money. Seems to me like using it in place of cash would favor Big Brother more that Joe Public due to its traceability and such.

Unless Bit gets global acceptance I would think it’s going to remain more of a hackers currency that something you’d buy gas with and then there’s the electricity consumption you hear about that’s mind boggling if the numbers are true.

At the end of the day not of these cryptos have anything tangible backing them up and if the lights go out it’s all gone.

Fun to play with, but I’d never mortgage the farm to buy crypto
    Last edited by El Camexican; 08-16-2021 at 08:48 PM.
    It sucks to get old

--
    something like doge, it would go down to .19 then up to .30. then down to .23 and up again. on robinhood you could buy one day then sell the next,are 15 to 20% and keep doing it over and over. just use your gambling money to play with. People waste thier money on smokes, beer, golf, turn it into a hobby and make some extra spending money. jim
    81 185s
    82 185s with 85 200s motor
    suspended 185s
    85 atc70
    1984 200s
    85 350x 3rd owner
    and a 72 ct70

projects coming along

85 200s
    81 suspended 185s (can't believe I came across 2)
    1982? 185s

--
    WalMart is looking into creating their own crypto currency, like some other corporations already have.

To me, this says that they'll use it as employee 'awards' or compensation, only redeemable at...WalMart.

"Owe my soul to the company store" comes to mind.

Instead of:

"You load sixteen tons, whattaya get?
    Another day older and deeper in debt"

It'll be:

"You work 16 hours, whattaya get?
    A part time job with a government check."
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    Crypto wont really take hold until we have a new universe to use it in...which is METAverse with my zukerbug. I think once we all enter into the VR universe we will convert USD into Gememi Cypto to buy nike shoes and go on VR vacations. Lets see how right I am by 2 years

--
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskool83 View Post
    Crypto wont really take hold until we have a new universe to use it in...which is METAverse with my zukerbug. I think once we all enter into the VR universe we will convert USD into Gememi Cypto to buy nike shoes and go on VR vacations. Lets see how right I am by 2 years
    I'm assuming that's a universe you don't want to be a part of? I know I don't. To each their own but I think the majority of people are perturbed by the idea of a metaverse.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //