//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone with experience with Cryptocurrancies?? XRP BTC LTC ETH

--

Anyone with experience with Cryptocurrancies?? XRP BTC LTC ETH

I was forced to buy some Bitcoin 7 years ago to pay for a membership fee with. Well, I had some left....

I am trying to buy Ripple XRP at Shapeshift and Changelly.

I am using my Toast wallet as the send XRP to address (I understand 20 Ripple cannot be touched), and using my "from" address at Coinbase Bitcoin for the return address when trying to exchange BTC for XRP.

I have been on forum after forum for 5 days straight but I CANNOT BUY RIPPLE!!!!

The only element I'm reading that MAY BE a factor, is the "destination TAG", which I cannot find within my Ripple wallet called "Toast".

Now I know how frustrating it is when your an idiot and everyone thinks your a lost cause.....

Looking for someone I can call before I lose it.
    Last edited by Dirtcrasher; 01-07-2018 at 08:19 PM.
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    if you had bitcoin from 7 years ago it should be worth a fortune now! they say if you had 100 dollars worth of bitcoin from back then it would be worth 28 million today. i trade in bitcoin ethereum and litecoin but im not sure what ripple is ill look into it and see what i can find out.

--
    ok looks like i might wanna buy some XRP too! are you trying to buy xrp with bitcoin is that your issue? i found this page thats shows where you can buy xrp
    https://ripple.com/xrp/buy-xrp/

it would be much easier if coinbase offered xrp
    Last edited by lndy650; 01-07-2018 at 08:49 PM.

--
    Those crypto currency brokerages are always complaining of DDOS attacks which sometimes has dealers down a few days. Apparently someone or more doesn't like cryptocurrencies.

I downloaded the Coin Base app to watch the market but I'm a newbie so I'm too gun-shy right now to buy in

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

--
    im pretty confident in ethereum its been on a steady rise. bitcoin im not so sure about theres only a few million coins left to mine so who knows where its headed. if i had larger sums to play with bitcoin would be good for day trading. if you make the right move in this it could be life changing

--
    Glad to see a thread started on this topic.

Love the concept, but I don't see how this flies long term. As much as a hate taxes something has to grease the wheels. Bitcoin could undo everything FATCA and other recent anti-laundering programs took years to close loop holes on. Now kidnapers and hackers can move their ill gotten booty without fear of detection, at least until they try to turn it back into paper money.

I smell pyramid scheme in the long run. Sure our paper money is no less "fake", but when the bottom falls out a green back is still backed up by a physical infrastructure and a nuclear triad if anyone dares question its value.

I'll take a piece of physical gold or silver over something a solar flair could wipe out.

Good luck Steve, awesome that you got in early
    Last edited by El Camexican; 01-07-2018 at 11:51 PM.
    It sucks to get old

--
    i really think there is going to be some major changes in the world in the next few years. a currency where you can send money to wherever you want on a sunday night and its instant and nobody has to approve it? its insane. governments will no longer be able to confiscate your currency, banks cant control the currency.
    but i agree El i think it might all fall apart. maybe all other currencies will eventually fall and a cryptocurrency yet to exist will be the one currency used all over the world?
    one things for sure, theres going to be alot of changes to come in way of currency. one i think being governments pushing much harder than they already are to squash cryptocurrencies because they wont be able to control it with banks like they can their usd or euro or whatever cash currency it may be.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by lndy650 View Post
    i really think there is going to be some major changes in the world in the next few years. a currency where you can send money to wherever you want on a sunday night and its instant and nobody has to approve it? its insane. governments will no longer be able to confiscate your currency, banks cant control the currency.
    but i agree El i think it might all fall apart. maybe all other currencies will eventually fall and a cryptocurrency yet to exist will be the one currency used all over the world?
    one things for sure, theres going to be alot of changes to come in way of currency. one i think being governments pushing much harder than they already are to squash cryptocurrencies because they wont be able to control it with banks like they can their usd or euro or whatever cash currency it may be.
    Nuts isn't it? The banks have us by the short curly hairs and I dare say most of us hate it, but without them and the current system it all falls apart. Anyone interested in this topic should watch the Bitcoin documentary. At first I thought it was genius, but after pondering it for a while I see a lot of negatives.

The scariest part from a personal aspect is loosing my wallet password.

Some guy on TV the other day said at the current rate of growth Bitcoin transactions could take up half the electricity of the USA and that transactions could take weeks to complete.

China has banned transactions and I suspect the rest of the world will at the very least insist on identifying the owners of this currency when it is withdrawn from cyberspace and used for goods and services.

Food for thought...

I imagine that someone who became a millionaire after buying a thousand dollars of Bitcoin a few years back is supposed to declare it like a stock dividend, no? So how many people will?

When you cross a border you need to declare monetary instruments worth over $10,000, do you declare your Bitwallet? A credit card isn't an issue as the source is traceable, but in theory you could be walking around with millions in untraceable Bitcoins and all you would need to access them is a cyber cafe.

How do the Bitcoin ATM machines work? Could a drug dealer anonymously deposit cash and transform it to Bitcoins to send out of the USA or do you have to identify yourself when buying them?

Interesting times ahead.
    It sucks to get old

--
    yes very interesting topics there. as for drug deals and ransom those are definitely the downside to this currency as i think it would be completely impossible to track. most use 256 bit encryption which isnt easy to get past.
    as for declaring money that to me is the beauty of this. i can travel the world and i dont have to carry cash or explain what im doing or buying. And then there are taxes. you cant hold a gun to a computer and force it to give you money but you can make the owner of that computer very sorry for not typing the password for you. what im saying is governments are going to punish people that are making all this money on crypto and not giving the government their share. well in my opinion the government shouldnt get a share. there are so many things in this world that are just wrong. you buy a house and some land and its yours but then if you dont pay taxes it can be taken from you! i think once you purchase land it should be yours no strings attached. hell if you improve your land, say you re-paint your house or add some attractive siding well here comes the government wanting more taxes because your property value went up!
    it will be fascinating to see all the things that will transpire in the next few years. i just hope we can avoid world war 3 i really dont wanna go out in a nuclear blast. or live in post apocalyptic earth, even though the thought can be cool it would suck real life.

--
    well in my opinion the government shouldnt get a share. there are so many things in this world that are just wrong. you buy a house and some land and its yours but then if you dont pay taxes it can be taken from you! i think once you purchase land it should be yours no strings attached. hell if you improve your land, say you re-paint your house or add some attractive siding well here comes the government wanting more taxes because your property value went up!
    Taxes suck, but when you pull out of that driveway you own you're going to want a road, traffic lights and a cop to catch the guy that sideswiped you and took off.

You also don't want all the land in your country owned by one family that pays nothing back for it over 3 generations. We have to contribute keep things running, but the part that makes me sick is where it goes. I heard the other day that 95% of US federal tax dollars collected are spent on interest, medical programs and social security.
    It sucks to get old

--
    yes i agree everyone should contribute. I think we need a whole new form of government. democracy is how old? a government where there are many changes one of them being everyone pays a percentage for taxes. lets say 5%. so if you make 10 grand a year you pay in 500 dollars and if you make 10 million a year you pay in 500 thousand dollars. And the tax money goes to important things not back in the governments pockets. thins like police and fire, street care, and medical. our biggest problem is owing other countries so much damn money we need to fix that somehow and in a way where that country isnt gonna be too pissed about the interest they wont get anymore.

oh and i dont claim to be an expert here lol i dont really know all the ins and outs of how things work i just think we need a change

--
    of course even if the world ends there will always be 3 things you can count on surviving. Twinkies, cockroaches,.......and........... TRAIL-PROS!!!!!
    or as i called them as a kid abc tires. not sure why i guess the knobs looked like letters to me.

--
    dirtcrasher i did see in the toast faq that you need to send at least 20 xrp to a new toast address or it will be bounced back. not sure if this is your problem or not though..

--
    yes i agree everyone should contribute. I think we need a whole new form of government. democracy is how old?
    As far as I know it's the newest of the tested forms of government and I'll take it over any of the other options.

our biggest problem is owing other countries so much damn money we need to fix that somehow and in a way where that country isnt gonna be too pissed about the interest they wont get anymore.
    Not countries, bankers and they control everything which makes cryptos a problem for them unless they figure out how to control it, in which case it's allure is pretty much gone.
    It sucks to get old

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    How do we know that "The Banks" aren't the ones who created and control cryptocurrencies? Ignore the man behind the curtain........

I admit I don't know much about cryptocurrencies, I'll have to do some reading in my spare time.
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //