//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Cheap beater fender fix

--

Cheap beater fender fix

I had an oops with my old big red and broke and already rigged together fender totally in half and can't fix it good this time. Do you guys have any good cheap ways for getting a fender back, I don't want to buy new and I know of buying used obviously, im more looking for hacks or ways of making new fenders with materials you have laying around ??

--
    Zip tie stitching.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 85bigred00 View Post
    I had an oops with my old big red and broke and already rigged together fender totally in half and can't fix it good this time. Do you guys have any good cheap ways for getting a fender back, I don't want to buy new and I know of buying used obviously, im more looking for hacks or ways of making new fenders with materials you have laying around ??
    Sheet tin and pop rivets can hold a fenders shape when they are really busted up or broke in half

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    Fiberglass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Footy is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I use either zipties or sheet metal and pop rivets. Them I cover it with zip tape which is very strong. It is used to bridge the gap of OSB sheeting on new construction homes.

--
    ty wraps, drill a small hole at the end of the crack. it will never crack again then black or white white tire it together tightly. you do not need to X them. rivets don't allow the fender to bend and just break again..plus rivets are for boats.

--
    ok so ive done all these things kind of on the other side and this side was already bent up. So I guess I might try some zip tie stitching because it has been snapped in half twice now and I already have a bunch of sheet metal with pop rivets lmao.

HondaRidr is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    DON'T USE ZIP TIES PLEASE! Buy a cheap spool of 40 or 50lb fishing line, use a very small drill bit and drill holes (about 1cm away from the crack) along both sides of the crack, stitch the crack with a crisscross pattern. Time consuming but is very strong and a million times better than zipties. I even have some red and green line to match Honda or Kawasaki fenders.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

--
    Well since its totally broken in half I might just try use the metal and rivets again because the fenders are totally destroyed by this point so idc anymore I just wanna beat my trike. I will get a nice one later in life.

plevib is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by HondaRidr View Post
    DON'T USE ZIP TIES PLEASE! Buy a cheap spool of 40 or 50lb fishing line, use a very small drill bit and drill holes (about 1cm away from the crack) along both sides of the crack, stitch the crack with a crisscross pattern. Time consuming but is very strong and a million times better than zipties. I even have some red and green line to match Honda or Kawasaki fenders.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    Haha sounds like way too much effort. Zip ties for me.... even on my subaru because rally car

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Atc 500x for the win! (Hopefully.... one day)

--
    Have done the Zip Ties they work pretty good...
    MF!

oldoo is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    If you have a heat gun, you can plastic weld it with a strip of plastic used as a filler wire. I repaired the fender shown from the underside so it looks clean. But you can plastic weld from both sides for the best penetration for maximum hold/strength.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9143[1].JPG 
Views:	38 
Size:	1.53 MB 
ID:	249699

--
    I need to buy a heat gun...what would be the best one to get?
    MF!

--
    Got the ol fender finally back on. good ol sheet metal and rivets along with a few integral zip ties.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image1 (5).jpeg 
Views:	19 
Size:	2.46 MB 
ID:	252177Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1538.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	2.26 MB 
ID:	252178Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image1 (4).jpeg 
Size:	1.94 MB 
ID:	252179Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image2 (3).jpeg 
Size:	2.02 MB 
ID:	252180Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image5 (1).jpeg 
Views:	20 
Size:	2.62 MB 
ID:	252181Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image3 (2).jpeg 
Views:	17 
Size:	1.78 MB 
ID:	252182

--
    That’s Cool ��
    MF!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //