//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hello everyone

--

Hello everyone

Just wanted to say hello to everyone and I hope you are all having a wonderful day.

I inherited a 1985 Honda 125m from a relative and my son wants to start riding it, but I told him I needed to do some research be fore letting him hop right on it. I know these things are kinda dangerous and heaven sakes, his mother and I are worried sick he's gonna hurt himself.

So I was wondering if there is a riders safety course we could take as a family? Do any of you know where one might be held at?

Thank you all for your time.

Bob

--
    Hi Bob, welcome to the forum! Where are you located? I am sure that there are riders safety courses for ATV’s. You will have to look in your area. Perhaps stop by a local atv shop and see if they offer anything. That said, the handling characteristics of an ATC are quite different. If you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    Welcome to 3WW Bob! I myself registered recently but I have been riding three wheelers ever since I was a kid. Although they were outlawed in the late eighties for "safety" reasons, the general consensus you will find on this site will be that three wheelers are not dangerous.

The best way I can put it is like this, ALL machines are dangerous if the rider doesn't know how to ride that particular machine well. I have wrecked more times on a dirt bike than any three wheeler I've been on. My conclusion is not that I think dirt bikes are more dangerous, I just don't know how to ride them as well as I can ride a trike.

With that said, it's great that you are looking for a riding course. Unfortunately, I don't know of any that are specific to three wheelers. Maybe someone else will pitch in, but even a general ATV riding course may be helpful. The best advice I can give is find some open, flat, ground to practice on. As yaegerb stated, they have unique handling characteristics so it really just comes down to practice, practice, practice. Wear the proper protective gear. A helmet is a must, gloves and boots are nice, and take it slow at first.

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by Jack G; 01-26-2018 at 01:13 PM. Reason: grammar
    1985 Honda 200X

--
    Welcome to the site, I had an issue with training a couple of years ago. I built my 12 year old daughter a 12m and here in PA kids must have a safety certificate to ride in the National Parks. Long story short, after talking to the ATV safety institute, she could not take the course on a 3 wheeler. The only way to get the certificate was to borrow or rent a quad & have her take the course on it. I don't know what might be available where you're at. The only other suggestion I had was a DCNR instructor maybe. There just isn't any support for 30 plus year old machines.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Where's Damon View Post
    Hey Bob, is your best friends name Neal? Why do you need a course? Did you have to take a course to conceive your precious son?
    Damon, please play nice. I really don’t want to ban you again.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    Hey Bob, welcome to the site!

Please excuse the 5th post, I'll sure it will be removed soon enough. Make sure you get your kid a good snug fitting helmet and don't let him ride in shorts. Feet on the pegs at all times.
    It sucks to get old

--
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    Hey Bob, welcome to the site!

Please excuse the 5th post, I'll sure it will be removed soon enough. Make sure you get your kid a good snug fitting helmet and don't let him ride in shorts. Feet on the pegs at all times.
    Maybe you can sell him something with a little less power for his kid, like your Milnerfied Z?
    Learn to swim

--
    This is awesome. It's quite an honor to be imitated, as this is the most sincere form of flattery. However, Fabs or whomever it is doesnt really matter, you're actually trying a bit too hard. I don't target random people.

I am Damon. I suppose the profile above has been created to draw out certain profiles. I have like, 30 or so. You'll never get rid of me until I want to leave.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Where's Damon View Post
    Maybe you can sell him something with a little less power for his kid, like your Milnerfied Z?
    BAHAAAAAHAAAAAA This guy is on point!

Bob is nobody, it's barnett or someone else. The bob account and the where's damon account are pretty dank profiles, working together or the same person obviously. Cmon people step your game up, I'm the fvckin champ you gotta bring more fire than that.

You gotta admit it's so much more fun with me around. I'm gonna assume Billy got my post report from "The Dumbshilt" hahahahahhaaaaaaaaa

The KING.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 3wheellifer View Post
    I am Damon
    Maybe in your dreams punk.
    Learn to swim

--
    yaeger I hope you're in on it so it doesn't get under your skin but this is absolutely fantastic

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --

Hello everyone

Lmfao. It's not me. Guy's got you pegged though Damon.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Not exactly, because he insulted someone absolutely without cause which i have never done in my life, but it's still f'n hilarious.

--

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

--
    Oh hey everyone, watch my skate videos too!! Be sure to click the thumbs down button if you don't like them!!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //