//ArrowChat Code
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Splitting cases on 350x

--
    Quote Originally Posted by DDQ View Post
    The manual indicates a tolerance for thickness of the claw but it does not say where to measure the thickness. That is confusing since the fork tapers.
    What Shep said...

The measurements are meant to be taken at the machined pads, not the cast part

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

DDQ is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Can anyone explain how this diagram works? I am having trouble understanding what the arrows mean. I also can't tell which gears are which based on the diagram because it only shows one side of them and some gears have grooves for the dogs on one side and some have it for both sides.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

--
    All three pads are within tolerance. If I am reading the diagram right Im missing at least two washers on the counter shaft but I am still confused about it.

--
    Those arrows are confusing. You're talking about the arrows that show what order the gears go on the counter and main shafts,
    right?

--
    C2 and C6 go on the right side of the countershaft at the top. The second row of gears goes on the left side of the countershaft in the order they are listed from right to left according to those arrows

--
    Does this help? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EED52A45-85FC-4303-ACC2-52D24EB5BEB2.jpeg 
Views:	14 
Size:	2.02 MB 
ID:	249907 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ED26BC19-0325-492B-A8B9-4920595B1C5D.jpeg 
Views:	9 
Size:	2.95 MB 
ID:	249908 line up all dots, oil passages on the spacers/ collars

Shep

I think me and chop are posting at the same time,

--
    In other words, the whole second row in that order goes on the left end of the countershaft, inserting the shaft into the right side of that row

--
    Third row in that pic is even easier. Take the right end of the mainshaft and insert it through row #3 from the left side of the row

--
    Thanks guys! I am going outside now to reassemble and see what parts Im missing.

--
    Thanks guys! I am going outside now to reassemble and see what parts Im missing.
    Me and Shep will wait on ya

--
    Here’s the other shaft “just in case” dont leave out any washers- Click image for larger version. 

Name:	737B43E0-67B9-45DE-8120-0CBC3B6A59AF.jpeg 
Views:	9 
Size:	2.45 MB 
ID:	249909
    Big jigsaw puzzle

Shep

--
    Im missing at least 2 thrust washers for sure. But, before I can finish assembling the counter shaft to check everything I ran into trouble.
    I can clearly see the groove for the flat splined washer.
    However, the splined washer will not go on far enough to spin in that groove and allow the splined lock washer to seat against it. I assume they are supposed to be flat against each other like they are in my hand.
    Without them being flush against each other there is not room for the c-clip to fit in its groove after the last gear goes on.

--
    Sheps got this one. I've never torn a 350X down that far to get to that set of lock washers

--
    I still did not figure out the lock washer and splined washer. The splined washer may be the wrong one.
    In this diagram I have indicated FIVE washers I have found to be missing. I supposed that explains the play in the countershaft since 4 of the missing washers belong on it.
    Can that also be the cause of the 2nd gear slip?
    It will cost about $30 to get these washers from the honda warehouse. Should I buy a complete used trans on ebay and trust it is in working condition?

--
    I still did not figure out the lock washer and splined washer. The splined washer may be the wrong one.
    In this diagram I have indicated FIVE washers I have found to be missing. I supposed that explains the play in the countershaft since 4 of the missing washers belong on it.
    Can that also be the cause of the 2nd gear slip?
    It will cost about $30 to get these washers from the honda warehouse. Should I buy a complete used trans on ebay and trust it is in working condition?

Yes it could have caused both the 1/2" of movement you said you had on the countershaft AND the gears not engaging correctly. Not properly spaced, those dogs in the side of the gears can't lock together or unlock fully causing all sorts of slippages

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //