//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tri z 490 a Monster is born

--
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Just so you know I do appreciate what you're doing. I give all the Yamaha guys a hard time, right Nico?
    Its all good. I love the site and the feedback. Can't wait to get you guys some video of this thing moving.

--
    Here's one suggestion from the Internet. If you can find a place that has a reputation for fixing the detonation issues I'd send you head in. All in, all done including shipping shouldn't be over $200 bucks which is a lot less than a rod and piston and whatever else. Your call, but I wouldn't start it without at least a head mod and some big fat jets. If the timing is adjustable you may want to start off at full retard.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Head_Mod-YZ490[1].jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	22.9 KB 
ID:	250085
    It sucks to get old

--

If you look close you can see Glamy at the dunes!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    Here's one suggestion from the Internet. If you can find a place that has a reputation for fixing the detonation issues I'd send you head in. All in, all done including shipping shouldn't be over $200 bucks which is a lot less than a rod and piston and whatever else. Your call, but I wouldn't start it without at least a head mod and some big fat jets. If the timing is adjustable you may want to start off at full retard.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Head_Mod-YZ490[1].jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	22.9 KB 
ID:	250085
    I am looking into it. I have a couple of shops near me.

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    You might also want to fire a compression release through the head while it's apart. They're pretty cheap and I think it's as easy as making hole in the head and threading it in.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Not your motor but check out this comp release, could it be be this easy? https://twistingthewick.wordpress.co...ase-by-wimmer/
    Found it earlier thought i’d share
    Shep

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Shep1970 View Post
    Not your motor but check out this comp release, could it be be this easy? https://twistingthewick.wordpress.co...ase-by-wimmer/
    Shep
    I watched the vid.....So let me get this straight. If I install that on my cylinder a hot chick in a bikini shows up on my workbench? I don’t care if it works, I’ll take 10!!!!
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

HondaRidr is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Awesome man! Last year I built a 84 atc480r. The big bore 2 strokes are something else!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Shep1970 View Post
    Shep
    That's amazing!! I need to know more about that Wimmer unit! There's not much information about these that I've been able to find at all, but if it's that simple I need one of those. I was planning on drilling another hole in my cylinder head.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    That's amazing!! I need to know more about that Wimmer unit! There's not much information about these that I've been able to find at all, but if it's that simple I need one of those. I was planning on drilling another hole in my cylinder head.
    Well after some searching it looks like they discontinued them. I guess maybe it didn’t work so good, i should of searched before i posted- the item was a good thought but i guess to good to be true.

Shep

--
    Quote Originally Posted by glamy View Post
    .i like yami better then kawasuckme
    blasphemy

3Z with Fangs! is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    I had a '80 YZ465 for a handful of years up until recently when I sold it. 2 words... Straight Nasty!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //