//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ebay seller cashforthefam

--

Ebay seller cashforthefam

Anyone bought from the seller? They have outstanding feedback and some nice parts. Reason I ask, I bought a motor on Jan 25th. It wasn't marked shipped until the 2nd. I understand motors can be a pain to ship. I have asked multiple time for a track number. Only reply was on the 3rd saying they would get back to me after they got a few hours sleep.? ????? Haven't heard back since.

--
    Yeah I have bought and sold to him with no issues. I saw that motor when listed, nice score!
    • 1985 Honda 250SX
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1986 Honda 250R

“I Love The 350x. It’s So Bad”

My Feedback Link!

--
    I've bought from him too. No problems

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

--
    He bought some Tecate parts from me not long ago.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by devilman View Post
    Anyone bought from the seller? They have outstanding feedback and some nice parts. Reason I ask, I bought a motor on Jan 25th. It wasn't marked shipped until the 2nd. I understand motors can be a pain to ship. I have asked multiple time for a track number. Only reply was on the 3rd saying they would get back to me after they got a few hours sleep.? ????? Haven't heard back since.
    how much were you charged for freight(don’t need to know)Maybe he lowballed the shipping estimate and was looking for an alternative to minimize a loss on getting you the motor safe in one piece? Hope it is worth the wait

--
    575 shipped for a running motor! The first question I asked was which company would they be using. I like to stop packages at the carriers here in town so I can pick them up. Never answered. I don't think it shipped yet. I hope this works out too. They are only 5.5 hours from me.

--
    I had an 85R motor shipped to me from South Carolina to Kentucky. The shipping cost was about $90. He made a mini wooden box and filled all the empty pockets with expanded foam. It was a solid cube of foam with a wood skin and a solid two stroke middle haha. Point is, the packaging added a few pounds all by itself.

At that rate, your seller would still make good money off the motor. My R motor was $600 BIN with shipping figured it was $689 something even with custom crating.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

--
    Finally received a message today. They asked if they could personally deliver it this weekend. I said it is up to them. Let see what happens.....

--
    They have a full time job as well. Give them some slack. It's just a motor. If you don't hear from them in a couple weeks and nothing shows up, then maybe it's time to figure out what's going on.
    R.I.P. John Swinehart
    TRIKEFEST 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
    Epic Mikfest 17
    86 200x
    85 250sx
    85 big red
    85 atc 70

Fabiodriven- cereal goes in first, then milk.
    I’ve got an 8” Grip on a 10” turd... Kyle Kiser

--
    I second that emotion. Kids get sick and people pick up overtime shifts. Some people make once a week trips to the PO. Depending on how you paid, i'm sure you have plenty of time to recoup if you get boned. From the sound of things, dude has a good reputation and you'll be happy.
    Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!!!!!

TRIKES:
    86 250r
    85 250sx
    86 250sx
    84 Yamaha 225DX - Bruins Trike
    85 Yama 225DX - The Rental!
    150cc Piranha powered 70
    110cc Lifan 70
    82 70
    83 ALT 50 Trail Buddy
    88 Yamaha BW 80
    84 z50

--
    Naw, I’d be pissed if I paid for something on the 25th knowing the seller is not really trying to get my pkg out in the mail. I’ve bought and sold engines, it does not take a week to pkg them up. I usually find an old ice chest and pad it up with anything to keep em stable.

But who knows mabey he’s got the flu, or he’s on the pipe!? I usually have my s#i+ ready to go, I would make sure to leave him some feedback about this.

--
    Main reason I just buy off eBay anymore. Ever sell something and use a freight calculator and get burned only to end up coughing up more money to ship to someone? I personally would be happy to have it hand delivered instead of just boxed up and left at UPS, then bouncing around a big brown truck getting tossed around each place it goes on the next step of the delivery route. Besides people have given you their honest opinion so don’t get upset about what they say. Hope you are happy once it finally arrives! Maybe he is a member and will chime in himself on your thread asking after the fact you bought it. Would have made more sense asking about a seller BEFOREHAND

--
    I am not upset about posts, maybe a little about the transaction, but I am not angry with the seller. Its take alot to get under my skin. Some of us have missed the point here which is why I disliked a post. It has been two weeks today. Lack of communication and marking an item shipped even though it hasn't is two things sellers should not have or do. May of us sell parts so I think most would agree. When a seller has the positive feedback that they have, you should not have to ask others before buying.
    I hope they bring it to me. I don't want to burn a bridge with the seller because they do have some good parts and I might want something later down the road.

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --

Ebay seller cashforthefam

I don't doubt the seller will hand deliver the engine and that's great, however this guy has every right to be concerned regardless of the seller's reputation and here's why;

It takes ten friggin seconds to reply to an email. I don't care if they worked three doubles a day for two weeks, they had ten seconds to tell the buyer their intent to hand deliver the engine. Ignoring messages for days at a time sends a clear message that does raise alarm in it's own simplicity, because it's so little to ask for someone to simply reply to an email. If they aren't willing to reply, then the backlash is on them as the seller. It was their choice to ignore their buyer and I don't see anything wrong with the buyer's concern.

Secondly, as the buyer said, the shipment was marked as "shipped", which to the best of our knowledge at this point, was a lie. This is what happens when you lie. Don't like shite shows? Don't lie then, it's just that easy. The seller lied and here we are talking about it now. When I sell on eBay, I physically mark the order as shipped after I exit the post office while sitting in the parking lot. I ship the item, then I mark it as shipped. Pretty simple system. That's the whole point, and that's where the problem here lies.

The buyer has been under the impression this engine was shipped already because he was told it was, which was untrue. The buyer has also been ignored in his inquiries as to where his purchase is. Those are two bad moves by the seller right there, neither of which are the fault of the buyer. Seems pretty simple to me.

Edit- also, reading back just now, the seller actually did take the time to reply to the buyer's inquiry, but told him bowshit that's irrelevant to the inquiry. "I'll get back to you after I get some sleep." First of all your personal life as a seller is irrelevant to a buyer. Secondly, if you are going to reply, why not tell the buyer what's going on? Very basic stuff guys.
    Last edited by fabiodriven; 02-08-2018 at 01:29 PM.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

Arky-X is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    I haven't sold much on eBay but isn't there expectations or rules on shipping times for the seller? In other words, if you say item will ship in 3 days, you better mark it as shipped or something happens (does eBay do anything or does it give the buyer recourse?)
    I know if I paid for something, and it didn't follow the expectations spelled out in the terms, I would be less worried about when it shipped and more worried about getting stiffed on a purchase. A simple "Mom's in the hospital so shipping is going to be delayed. Please bear with me" would go a long way with me.

Good luck. Based on other's responses, seller seems to deliver so that would put my at ease a little.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //