//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 85 tecate rear caliper rebuild kit

--

85 tecate rear caliper rebuild kit

Can someone tell me where to find the seal kit for an 85 rear caliper tried ebay no luck
    Thanks

--
    Most times kits are not around. Gotta be smart look up oem part numbers then cross refferance them. I did this in my 2nd gen tecate and boom klr650 caliper kits worked

Head over to www.partzilla.com and do the same. It will tell you what ever part is used on. Use your head and learn somthing. Don't mean to sound like a dick, just no other way to say it. The older these things get the more you know how to keep them going makes is easier when going off to eBay for parts.

Hopefully I helped, if not I'm sorry.

--
    I believe all years Tecate have the same exact caliper 1984-1987. I used a Ninja kit to rebuild several calipers, there are many kits that work.

Take your time and shop prices for the different Kawasaki models that work on eBay. Prices vary quite a bit, some kits are very complete with new bleeders and all the small rubber boots....some only include the basics. There was a certain Ninja kit that had everything for cheap, I can’t remember which one. Same goes for the brake shoes, shop prices.

--
    My 84's caliper was frozen and I used a grease gun to push the piston out. It came right out and cleaned the bore. I cleaned the piston up and o ring and reinstalled it. The master was also frozen and I popped the plunger out and cleaned it up and now it all works like a champ and didn't replace anything in either part. Don't know if this helps but it worked for me.
    Bikes I currently own.....
    84' KXT 250
    01' Honda CR500
    98' Arctic cat ZRT800
    82' Honda atc70

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //