//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bigger Picture

--
    Here's another example of blame shifting....

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2018/0...sot-newday.cnn

What this child doesn't understand is that it's his generation and the one before it with the problem. Lawmakers wouldn't need to do anything if kids his age would stop acting like their age means they have ZERO social responsibility for their own actions. It's apparently an anonymous adults fault they are bullying each other or are incapable of handling stuff like rejection.

I say to this boy, if you want REAL change, then start in your own school. Stop being dicks and snowflakes to each other and guns won't matter at all. With no idiot to pull a trigger, guns don't kill. The problem lies within THEM. My generation didn't flip out like this over pointless stuff. I'm tired of these arrogant kids thinking they have no personal responsibility for the problems they alone have created. In his mind, nothing is wrong with the kids today and no amount of showing this child will change his mind. He got participation trophies all his life so naturally, on one hand he says "I'm a child" and on the other hand "I'm a young adult"......in other words "I can't be held responsible" and "you should take me seriously anyway".....no cupcake, no soup for you.

I don't want to see this happen again but until the mindsets of these children and some adults BOTH change, this will never end and no amount of blathering on CNN will absolve that child of his social responsibility in this mess. You want to blame the adults but it's mostly not adults shooting up school. Grow up.

As usual though, we can expect more virtue-signalling and posturing from self righteous children and adults both and no shortage of politicians and media to exploit them.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

--
    The AUDACITY of a generation of Tide Pod eaters, facecrook Narcissists, and school shooters lecturing adults on guns is mind blowing.

End Childhood Narcissism Now

Kids are dying because their egos are out of control

--
    When i was that kid's age, in our house, it didn't much make a damn to my parents of the details, fighting at school was fighting at school. And if you were old enough to know better you were old enough to be held responsible, and if you didn't know better, well you were about to learn. There was none of this "Oh poor little CJ"

Why do we see interviews of "heart wrenching" pleas to save those kids from themselves when we should be making an example out of the evil little that thought it was a good idea to shoot up his school? Are we going to stand around and cry or are we going to punish the wrongdoer?

The same people that say "oh the school shooter has feelings too", or "the child molester had a troubled childhood" or "Yeah he robbed them but he grew up poor" are the same ones that demand the help of everyone else when the fruits of that mentality start to ripen and the hits the fan. Now they're saying his mothers flu death caused him to snap and shoot up the school. People in this country take that as an excuse for his behavior and its not, like the fight i got into in 6th grade. It doesnt matter what the circumstances behind it are, right is right, and wrong is wrong. Maybe thats where it all went wrong? Too much blurring of the line, not enough punishment, and making an excuse for everything under the sun are how we got in this mess
    Suicide Hill Survivor

The rides:
    1981 ATC110
    1982 ATC185
    1983 ATC185s
    1984 ATC200es
    1985 ATC200x

When the going gets tough, the tough get sideways

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 83ATC185 View Post
    When i was that kid's age, in our house, it didn't much make a damn to my parents of the details, fighting at school was fighting at school. And if you were old enough to know better you were old enough to be held responsible, and if you didn't know better, well you were about to learn. There was none of this "Oh poor little CJ"

Why do we see interviews of "heart wrenching" pleas to save those kids from themselves when we should be making an example out of the evil little that thought it was a good idea to shoot up his school? Are we going to stand around and cry or are we going to punish the wrongdoer?

The same people that say "oh the school shooter has feelings too", or "the child molester had a troubled childhood" or "Yeah he robbed them but he grew up poor" are the same ones that demand the help of everyone else when the fruits of that mentality start to ripen and the hits the fan. Now they're saying his mothers flu death caused him to snap and shoot up the school. People in this country take that as an excuse for his behavior and its not, like the fight i got into in 6th grade. It doesnt matter what the circumstances behind it are, right is right, and wrong is wrong. Maybe thats where it all went wrong? Too much blurring of the line, not enough punishment, and making an excuse for everything under the sun are how we got in this mess
    right is right, and wrong is wrong. Maybe thats where it all went wrong? Too much blurring of the line, not enough punishment, and making an excuse for everything under the sun are how we got in this mess.

I second that, I knew exactly where the Lu e was if I crossed it at home or at school I answered for it.. as soon as we started to give our children to many rights in school is where it all got screwed up.. I had no rights in school. Call a wrestling coach by his first name ( Barney) in class get thrown against the locker and told no no. Mouth off to a grade school teacher get tossed in the math teachers closet for an hour. Stick a apple up a teacher tail pipe get your ass whooped by the principal. Set the parking lot on fire and steal license plates off cars for a month in 1st grade get kicked out of that Catholic school and go to public..
    Now we have to allow our kids to do these things with no consequence..

I knew a principal of a private school that took a job at a public rual school as a associate. When I asked him why he said because Walcott is one of the very few schools left where the parents want the admins to have control of their kids.. that was 15-18 years ago. No longer the case now..

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    90 nickolson Bored and Stroked "The Good"

Big Bore 110 Pauter frame "The Bad"

90 Bored and Stroked “vey’s frame” "The Ugly"

110 JSC frame Bored and Stroked
    flat track build. “Shop trike”

1974 original 90 X 2

1974 Original 70.

--
    Hold on… you guys are ripping on this kid for defending himself and his mother not punishing him? You guys deduced that this kid doesn't have a dad around and some how instigated a fight? You guys gathered that from what? 3…4 lines of text?
    Ever heard of a zero tolerance policy?
    82 250r
    83 Big Red
    85 Auto-x
    If you've done business with me please leave me feedback
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ght=Bren_downe

--
    Quote Originally Posted by DAM shop View Post
    right is right, and wrong is wrong. Maybe thats where it all went wrong? Too much blurring of the line, not enough punishment, and making an excuse for everything under the sun are how we got in this mess.

I second that, I knew exactly where the Lu e was if I crossed it at home or at school I answered for it.. as soon as we started to give our children to many rights in school is where it all got screwed up.. I had no rights in school. Call a wrestling coach by his first name ( Barney) in class get thrown against the locker and told no no. Mouth off to a grade school teacher get tossed in the math teachers closet for an hour. Stick a apple up a teacher tail pipe get your ass whooped by the principal. Set the parking lot on fire and steal license plates off cars for a month in 1st grade get kicked out of that Catholic school and go to public..
    Now we have to allow our kids to do these things with no consequence..

I knew a principal of a private school that took a job at a public rual school as a associate. When I asked him why he said because Walcott is one of the very few schools left where the parents want the admins to have control of their kids.. that was 15-18 years ago. No longer the case now..

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Yes this. Our school bus drivers had paddles and could whoop us ...and did. Totally separate from school punishment. But they also gave us cookies, candy, soda on holidays and let us have huge water fights on the bus every last day of school. Respect begot respect.

The principal's all had paddles and some teachers too. And kids got it. No school shootings. You didn't "back talk" ANY adult. Didn't matter who it was. No room for insolence or snowflakery. My mom threw a meaner punch than my dad. She had to because I was a little dick with a hard head. My coach made me eat a small bar of soap after practice for cursing other kids while smack talking in practice. We didn't get safe spaces. You conform or suffer and honestly, they weren't really asking that much of us kids so it wasn't rocket science.

Even when the parents were failing, the school still stepped up to teach respect and personal responsibility. Manners and other social skills were required and taught. They had the right to punish you because they taught you to know better. Now we ask the child if he feels like participating in class today and if there's any way to make them feel more comfortable and everyone gets a trophy.

Alot of these kids would shriek in horror to live one hour in 1977.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Bren_downe View Post
    Hold on… you guys are ripping on this kid for defending himself and his mother not punishing him? You guys deduced that this kid doesn't have a dad around and some how instigated a fight? You guys gathered that from what? 3…4 lines of text?
    I'm not. I don't have an issue with that situation. I taught my kids to fight back.

I can't stand zero tolerance policies, personally. That's yet another thing my generation didn't have and didn't need.

You got judged by the situation and not by the offense

I agreed with what Tim said about pharmaceuticals though 100%

Last edited by ironchop; 02-15-2018 at 08:04 PM.

--
    Honestly a lot of you guys sound like a broken record with the whole "let's beat our kids again" thing. We're supposed to be evolving as a species. I wont sit here and pretend to know the solution but I'm pretty sure that ain't it. How do we know it didn't lead us here anyway? There's ways of teaching respect without pounding into a weaker, helpless, tiny human.
    82 250r
    83 Big Red
    85 Auto-x

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    I get what you're saying and I had similar thoughts. I did "like" Tim's post but the more I thought about it, I think I may have been caught up in the moment. I don't blame anyone for defending themselves, adult or child.

I don't have kids and it's not my business to tell anyone else how to raise their headaches, but I have a big problem with these little pukes being raised by a video game console these days. They live on it, every waking moment of every day many of them. It's disgusting to me and a huge part of the problems we are dealing with right now. I think I just saw the kid with his gaming headphones on and got triggered.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Honestly a lot of you guys sound like a broken record with the whole "let's beat our kids again" thing. We're supposed to be evolving as a species. I wont sit here and pretend to know the solution but I'm pretty sure that ain't it. How do we know it didn't lead us here anyway? There's ways of teaching respect without pounding into a weaker, helpless, tiny human.
    I learned with soap in my mouth and by the wooden spoon, and I have respect and morals that today's children are lacking. Today's children run wild and not only do they not listen, they actually do exactly what you tell them not to. I spent a day at the aquarium with three young children the other day, and they were absolutely terrible. I found out afterwards that this was actually a good day for them! Parents plead and bargain with their kids, it's sad and pathetic and this is going to be the downfall of this country. Raise your free range children to do what they want when they want, it doesn't matter anymore because that's what everyone else is doing. I went to hard Knox, literally. Fort Knox Kentucky, and the more people that are shown the way the better off we all are. Lack of guidance is a massive problem in this country, and a smack on the ass never hurt anyone.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Yeah I'm not advocating that either. I'm just pointing out what we had to deal with in our time as compared to kids today. Having said that, they have so much more consideration and respect paid to them today than back then so I'm confused as to why life is so darn tough for them that "mass shooting" is what comes to their mind as a coping mechanism after some sort of emotional injury. If they knew how things were for us, they might appreciate the strides that have been made in order to get them where they are today. Instead of an appreciation for the struggle, you get finger pointing.

I'm not blaming the kids or their generation either. What I'm saying is that telling kids they are too fragile to be trusted to know better or telling them that they are all special and entitled to all the bells and whistles life offers is probably not helping at all. It's always those with an inflated sense of self that crash the hardest when their feelings are hurt.

--
    Hey I'm not saying let's go back to whooping in the schools but Dam it we have lost the ability of a society to govern our children in a effective manner, we haven't evolved one bit, we have babied our kids into thinking everything will be alright and taken care of.. something changed for sure, I don't know what it is for sure.. I bet you could go ask a teacher that's been in the profession and they would have a pretty good idea as to what has changed and Dam it might have a pretty good idea as to how to change it or make it better.. obviously beatings aren't the answer here Brendon but the lack of respect from some young people and the attitude that society owes them something and the fact that they know nothing will happen is a big problem..
    We have an issue with minors stealing cars in my town have had for a year or so, it's compounding. The law has told us that these kids know nothing will happen to them and until legistration changes nothing will..
    Consequences for actions.
    Back in my father era you had two choices go to jail or go to the military.
    Oh but no we can't do that now because we'll offend someone's rights. Bull..
    And WTF a broken record because we have an opinion?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by atctim View Post
    I honestly think it is the anti-depressant and ADHD drugs being pushed by everyone from Drs to educators to school nurses. If a kid is out of line - MEDICATE! Rather than the old school way which was proven - consequences for actions. Kids are also being hurt by the absence of a two parent family. I feel that is critical in rearing children. It takes two! With all the moral decay, and single mothers be rewarded and being taken care of by the state - it adds fuel to the fire!

Pretty simple really. When a child is raised with zero respect - this is what happens.
    Yeah this, I think this is another huge piece of the puzzle...both of these things.

You know people forgot about the Prozac scandal when Eli Lilly Pharmaceutical lied about all those teens who committed suicide after going on Prozac in the early 90s was it? It was swept under the rug and now kids are on all kinds of meds.

On the other issue, I also agree. I could start a whole new thread on divorce and how fathers are left seeing their children four days out of a month thanks to divorce and Family court. I also think that there's a fundamental lack of effort in relationships too where everyone is only committed for as long as it's sunshine and roses and thinks divorce court makes the bad man or bad woman go away when the new car smell wears off. Kids are pawns too often. Our "satisfaction guaranteed" culture is destroying traditional family and relationship structures.

Single moms are like demi-gods. It's fundamentally implied that the man is to blame in almost every case.

Last edited by ironchop; 02-15-2018 at 08:29 PM.

--
    What's changed has already been pointed out. Over medication, over use of screens by parents and kids and an archaic school system that's no longer relevant. It was designed to prepare you for factory work that no longer exists. Kids arnt challenged in any sort of relevant way. The entire culture and society is changing.

Gaming is overused but kids learn more from video games then they do in school. They learn team work and leadership skills, coding, hell, some kids even learn how to read from video games. It's relevant to their world. What's missing is honest connection.
    Most of us grew up eating dinner with the famliy every night and a close group of freinds and siblings that had our back in the real world. It's missing today.

Fabs, I can't speak to your freinds "headaches" but no one said parenting is easy. There's no instruction manual. Kids act crazy sometimes. It's what they do. Remember earlier? The frontal lobe isn't developed until your mid twenties? Impulse control? Too many times parents get chalked up as bad parents for having crazy kids that OMG run around and get excited like…kids. but wait kids should be seen and not heard.. Assimilate. Sit down and shut up. Bahhh bahh. Good sheep
    82 250r
    83 Big Red
    85 Auto-x

--
    No, they should behave and respect their elders or know there are going to be consequences to be paid.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //