//ArrowChat Code
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Thread: The Bigger Picture

--
    Quote Originally Posted by sledcrazyinCT View Post
    Glad he turned it around. Compassion goes a long way when you feel like nobody cares you exist
    Yeah and I think it has alot to do with a majority of these shootings.

The shooter kid in Florida recently was "ostracized by us for years" admits that female student that runs with David Hogg. She said her friends and her and "everyone" had determined he was a "weirdo" and a potential school shooter years before he ended up doing it so they felt justified in shunning him (and bullying him, I'm sure).... and yet NOBODY is making that connection.

Now I'm not trying to make the shooter out to be the victim because there's no justification for that kind of response to bullying but I think the kids who bullied him need to learn accountability for their own actions before they raise kids of their own and it might not be a bad idea to teach kids the social skills to realize that being mean to the wierd kid isn't ever a good idea long term. Because school shooters.

In minority communities with high homicide rates, the conditions are a different kind of f*cked up than what a white suburban kid would understand. The results are the same though and very predictable. Southside urban black kid gets jumped/"dissed" by some other kid(s) and the guns come out ..sometimes involving whole groups... Suburban white kid gets beat up and picked on publicly at school for a period of time and the guns come out.

Two totally different kinds of oppression and challenges to a young man's masculinity for these boys from two completely different ethnic and economic groups... And both situations end up with bullets flying either inside the highschool at Whitesville Gardens or down at the variety store on the corner of MLK and OJ street in any large urban neighborhood USA.

Young men with no sense of self-worth and no hope or sense of purpose get guns and decide to make other people hurt as much as they do and prove that they're no punk. The poor urban black (or white) gang banger kid gets street cred within his subculture or a prison sentence and the suburban white kid eats one of his own bullets (because nobody in The Burbs likes a mass shooter) or he gets a prison sentence as well.

I really don't know why we treat these like completely different issues when they are obviously related. The triggers are different (except concerning absentee fathers which is universal) but the reaction and results are pretty much parallel

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ironchop; 09-01-2018 at 10:02 AM.

--
    The state MN let those people go free. Feds picked them up later on gun charges.

They're back in custody...
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //