//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Electric trike

--

Electric trike

one cylinder is not enough!!

--
    I watched the ALTA MX shootout versus modern thumper the other day and thought the ALTA would make a nasty trike!!
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    If you like 15min rides!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by legacy51 View Post
    If you like 15min rides!
    Go to youtube and watch the shootout, ALTA have batteries that last..
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

HondaRidr is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtcrasher View Post
    Go to youtube and watch the shootout, ALTA have batteries that last..
    I doubt they would last good In the sand. I also would miss using a clutch, shifting and the sound/smell/vibration of an engine.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

--
    Benefits of electric is instant torq (max at basically stall rpm all the way though to max rpm of the motor), more percise control if computer controlled to control traction (more car application), smooth,quite, and very little maintenance needed.

Down side is batteries that are light and power dense cost quite a lot and the fact you have to recharge instead of pour gas in. Run time directly relates to how hard you drive it, and how big the battery bank is. For long trips a trailer loaded up with batteries could extend the limited range, or a generator and some wait time lol.

Electric would be fun, but I'd hold out till some sort of tech comes along that makes them last as long or longer than a full tank of gas and hopefully the recharge setup can be made fast to make it more acceptable for the general population.

I'm with HondaRidr though, I'd miss the gas engine effects for a while I'm sure. Could always wire up a weighted motor for vibration, and have a speaker to fake the engine sounds =D.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //