//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hawaii

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --

Hawaii

Hawaii was a nice place to visit, it's absolutely beautiful, but I couldn't live there. As stated in my other thread, I had a hard time upon my arrival. I left Boston with a case of the sniffles, nothing to complain about since everyone else is dealing with the flu. That coupled with jet lag seemed to bring on what felt like Lyme disease. It was scary and it sucked. That lasted about four days, but I never got to a point where I felt like I was 100% while I was there. I always felt kind of crappy. They do have vog there, which is volcanic fog and it's toxic. I seem to be sensitive to a lot of things these days, so I wouldn't doubt it if that just had an adverse effect on me. I can't even ride behind a two stroke anymore. It could have just been the universe's way of telling me I don't belong there. I felt like shite when I got to Thailand but after three days of that I was right as rain, I'd still like to spend some months or years there at some point. I never got that feeling in Hawaii. By the end of the trip I was looking forward to getting home, and I felt better as soon as I got out of Hawaii. No jet lag on the way back, I felt good when I got back home.

That's not to say I didn't enjoy myself and Hawaii is absolutely a beautiful place to see (but Thailand is cheaper and better). My very first time in the water a huge sea turtle swam right into my leg, it was cool. A day or two later we went snorkeling and saw another big sea turtle as well as all kinds of sea creatures, it was amazing. It's like snorkeling in an aquarium. Another day we hiked up a mountain to an amazing waterfall. That was on the far side of the Hana Highway, which goes almost all the way around the perimeter of the Island of Maui. It's a very rough, treacherous, and twisted shore line road that is a very exciting drive. It was fun. We drove up to one of the big craters on Maui which is a state park and the wind felt like it was going to blow me right off the mountain. The beaches were great obviously, and we spent a good amount of time there. We also went on a whale watch which was exceptional. There was an inordinate amount of breaches, tail slaps, and whale activity in general. It was far more than they usually see when they go out, and that was stated by the skipper and the naturalist and backed up by my father and his girlfriend who have season passes and go out multiple times yearly. I knew it was going to be that way ahead of time, I wasn't surprised. Also it was supposed to rain that day and it ended up being perfectly clear the entire day.

On that subject, the weather- they had more rain while I was there than my father has seen in Hawaii ever. It was an inordinate amount. It was still great for me coming from New England in winter, so I was fine. Nico had stated that in my other thread that if I were capable of being able to make it rain, which I believe I am, then in theory I should be able to make it sunny, of which I stated I had done that as well. I think everyone likely thinks I'm nuts on that front, which is fine. I will say, I checked the weather on my phone one day and the ten day forecast showed rain every day. A day or two after I saw that forecast, I decided to go out on the town by myself. Rain was predicted, and there were clouds all around me, but it was clear overhead. I drove the ten miles into town and I happened upon a couple of local guys hanging out at a park by the beach. Both lived in Hawaii and one was originally from India. We incited a really in depth conversation and before long there were herbal remedies being shared. A few more people showed up until it was a small crowd, and everyone was great. The first two guys I originally met were the two I spoke with the most, and it was like talking with two more Fabios, they were just like me. Although they weren't gear heads but that's it. The time I spent with them was the best time I had on the trip, and it was short. As I walked away from them, I noticed how it was still cloudy all around me, but it was clear over head. I actually took a video of that and I'll post it. Also as I already said, it was supposed to rain for the whale watch as well but it was perfectly clear that day.

As I'm sure everyone will recall, it wasn't much more than a month ago, if that, when there was a false alarm regarding an incoming ICBM bound for Hawaii. I think we were lied to about that false alarm being an accident. I have no idea what actually transpired, but I don't think something like that happens by accident. I think it's far more likely the system was hacked or something else transpired that they'd rather we didn't know about. At any rate, my father and I are both avid aircraft enthusiasts, specifically military, but all aircraft. My grandfather was a waist gunner on a B-17, my father worked on the SR-71 when it was still top secret, and my twin sister is a qualified Chinook grease monkey and Blackhawk door gunner. Her husband is a helicopter and airplane pilot as well and also flew for the military.

At some point during my trip, my father and I were discussing the C-5 Galaxy. He didn't realize that was one of the many planes that we fueled in Baghdad and we used to watch take off and land. It's an awesome plane and my father was surprised that in 2003 they'd still be in avid use as he used to watch them when he was serving during the Vietnam conflict. They're massive planes and they look like they're breaking the laws of physics when they take off because it appears they're going so slow due to their massive size. It looks like they're hanging. So wouldn't you know it, two days after we have the conversation about the C-5, I'm standing behind the bank waiting for my father to come out and a friggin C-5 Galaxy flies over really low, climbing as it had just left the civilian airport. I was in awe and a little bit moved by it, as I'd not seen this site since Iraq in 2003. It was really cool, and I kept looking for my dad coming out of the bank. He didn't make it and missed the whole thing. When he came out I told him that a C-5 just took off over my head, and he thought I was joking at first. I figured it just happened there from time to time but he said that's not the case at all. In his seven years on the island, he's never seen one C-5 fly over there, ever. And it left from a civilian airport which is odd as well. On top of that, my father had said he saw two V-22 Ospreys fly by not long before my arrival as well. Then a few days after he said that, we saw the Ospreys fly over again. Also, we saw a pair of Blackhawks land at the civilian airport which was something else he'd never seen. So in seven years on the island, two separate Osprey sightings, Blackhawks landing at a civilian airport, and a C-5 Galaxy taking off from a civilian airport, all inside of two weeks inside of seven years. Might not seem like much, but we both agreed it's more than just odd.

This first video is from the day I hung out with the locals and it was cloudy all around me but clear overhead.

https://youtu.be/XYKz589297k

https://youtu.be/6pSJOVTE4LI

https://youtu.be/3s7Su8qbAbg

https://youtu.be/LAeI_itvk7c

https://youtu.be/0iYanyCPTRc

https://youtu.be/PaCdxO3iCgk

https://youtu.be/77tZQHRfm_4

https://youtu.be/-NZfA6kyM7Y

https://youtu.be/mqQxPmuzD9g

https://youtu.be/ScVvTiJrBac

https://youtu.be/477nGE1dQ2o

https://youtu.be/7MKeYnzJf7Q

https://youtu.be/lGkBr3YS2ZI
    Last edited by fabiodriven; 02-25-2018 at 01:27 PM.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Wow, what a beautiful place. On the subject of sea turtles. In 2014 we took a family vacation to Gulf Shores and from our condo you could see area's on the beach being taped off that were up close to the grassy dune area's. My oldest daughter was 8 at the time and studying sea turtles in school. She told me, "dad, I bet those are turtle nest that they're roping off so no one messes with them." So we went down there asking questions and at first it was as if Area 51 had come to Gulf Shores. We got no answers and everyone was very tight lipped. I could kinda tell what was going on so I told one of the workers my daughter has a good idea what is going on because she is studying this in school right now. With that, their demeanor changed and we were invited in. They were in fact monitoring a nest that was due to hatch any hour. They took my daughter in as one of their own, took our phone number to call us when the hatch was starting and kept us updated on everything.

Two nights later around 10pm we got the call, ran down to the beach, and witnessed one of the coolest thing I'll probably ever witness in my lifetime. Seeing hundreds of those turtles emerge from the sand and head towards the sea was breathtaking actually. I bet there is not many people who have witnessed this in person and I was able to be part of the hatching. We dug trenches for them out to the water and held up black plastic sheets to block out any artificial light that they might mistake for the moon.

I didn't mean to get off onto a tangent, but had to share that experience since you also had an encounter with a sea turtle. There is something about turtles for me? I can't quite place it, but they really are a beautiful majestic animal to me.
    Last edited by bkm; 02-25-2018 at 11:25 AM.

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Awesome post Fabs! Thanks!

Dii you ever find any wimmenz infected with the Hawaiian disease CumonIwannalaya?
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --

Hawaii

Thanks for sharing Bryan! That sounds awesome! Sea turtles are absolutely amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Scootertrash View Post
    Awesome post Fabs! Thanks!

Dii you ever find any wimmenz infected with the Hawaiian disease CumonIwannalaya?
    Thanks for reading Scooter! Unfortunately I think I may have started taking my red pill too late in the trip to have been effective in time for me to take action, with one exception.

I didn't approach any women on the island, I wasn't feeling up to it. However on one of the plane rides back I did propose to the beautiful and talkative young lady sitting next to me that maybe we have some fun on the airplane. She declined but was amused, not offended. Although the outcome is not what I was ultimately desiring, there is much success in my case for even suggesting the idea to her. It's a step in the right direction.
    Last edited by fabiodriven; 02-25-2018 at 01:58 PM.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    I didn't approach any women on the island, I wasn't feeling up to it. However on one of the plane rides back I did propose to the beautiful and talkative young lady sitting next to me that maybe we have some fun on the airplane. She declined but was amused, not offended. Although the outcome is not what I was ultimately desiring, there is much success in my case for even suggesting the idea to her. It's a step in the right direction.
    Bravo!

https://youtu.be/vEo885Qiqic

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

--
    I've tried many times but haven't been able to see a sea turtle in the wild, that's awesome that you saw 2. Killer story too BKM. We did go to a the Clearwater marine aquarium and get to see the turtles in rehab. They also have a couple permanent members of the facility that aren't able to be released because of their conditions. If anyone is ever in Clearwater beach I highly recommend going there. They made their name on the tailless dolphin but the turtles stole the show for me. www.seewinter.com

As for the missile threat I thought I read somewhere that it was suspected hacking by the North Koreans? A couple days after the Hawaii incident Japan had one of their own. I remember a couple years ago one of our drones was hacked and landed by Iran. People don't give these 2nd and 3rd world countries enough credit, there are sharp minds everywhrre
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

--
    Now I'm well aware that sometimes females aren't totally honest about their own level of superficiality and tend to pretend that most guys "have a chance with me as long as they are confident" BUT I do agree that approaching them and asking them out still puts you leaps above beta behavior and I do believe that they are correct when they say you get points for confidence although, alone, confidence may not get you the girl. Regardless, you still made the effort and obviously, she wasn't too put out by your attempts but may have even been flattered

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ironchop View Post
    Bravo!

https://youtu.be/vEo885Qiqic

Chop has this been posted in the red pill thread? If not, I can do it or I might suggest you do. That video needs to be in that thread. I understand the significance of discussing this subject in this thread, but I'll ask to continue that part of the conversation in that thread to the benefit of all. All the materials provided thus far have been pure gold as I've stated, and make no mistake, I would have never suggested anything like I did to the woman on the plane had you guys not supplied me with the information you have in TRP thread. I'd like to keep that thread as complete and thorough as possible to benefit all. This was an example of real world practice, and I'd say it went well and has served as learning experience for me, and that's a huge step. This is going to be hugely beneficial to me and I want the same for others.

That being said, my friend stopped by yesterday. He's exactly what I was last week before viewing TRP material, just sad. He's not a bad looking guy, he's got a heart of gold, but he does everything wrong with women just like me. Immediately when he started venting I piped up "Fear not dear Johnny, for I hold the solution to your problem!" Something I've wished I could be able to tell him for a long time. I sent him a link to our TRP thread so he will be going over the material as well and I will thank you guys ahead of time for him.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Chop has this been posted in the red pill thread? If not, I can do it or I might suggest you do. That video needs to be in that thread. I understand the significance of discussing this subject in this thread, but I'll ask to continue that part of the conversation in that thread to the benefit of all. All the materials provided thus far have been pure gold as I've stated, and make no mistake, I would have never suggested anything like I did to the woman on the plane had you guys not supplied me with the information you have in TRP thread. I'd like to keep that thread as complete and thorough as possible to benefit all. This was an example of real world practice, and I'd say it went well and has served as learning experience for me, and that's a huge step. This is going to be hugely beneficial to me and I want the same for others.

That being said, my friend stopped by yesterday. He's exactly what I was last week before viewing TRP material, just sad. He's not a bad looking guy, he's got a heart of gold, but he does everything wrong with women just like me. Immediately when he started venting I piped up "Fear not dear Johnny, for I hold the solution to your problem!" Something I've wished I could be able to tell him for a long time. I sent him a link to our TRP thread so he will be going over the material as well and I will thank you guys ahead of time for him.
    Yeah go ahead and post it there if you'd like.

--
    Is that your father's place?

Seems like a very nice house to live forever in

--
    Yes sir, that's pop's pad.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Traveling by plane for that length of time can make anyone's sinus go off chart. I'm most effected by the amount of transfer connections, the less up and down I do the better I feel. Yes the WestCoast Sunset over the ocean....never gets old. It's even better on a booze cruise off a Pirate ship! My wife and now kids travel to the southern mostpiont of the Baja going on ten years now. Much has change but the majestic feel and weather never changes. Killer pics almost too pretty to ride but if given the chance, that looks like good mud up in them there hills.

--
    Great write up Fabio. I always enjoy reading your writings, and your videos are super cool too. Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself. Looks like a nice break from Boston in February!
    RIP - Yamahondaman!! You will never be forgotten!
    RIP - Sam Brehm!! Gone but NEVER forgotten!
    RIP - Sandpuppi101 - You will live on in my mind - I miss you friend!

Arky-X is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Thanks for the update on the trip. Truly amazing islands.
    Wife and I went last July so some of the places you visited are fresh on our minds. Black sands, sunset on Mount Haleakalā, Hana Highway.
    Wife was freaking out on the Hana Highway with all the one lane bridges and road barely wide enough for 1.5 cars. I thought it was fun. We got lucky with our rental and got a convertible Mustang with paddle shifters which made those winding up and down roads fun.......and then a local would pass you like you were sitting still. I felt like Mario Andretti for just a second.

Thanks for sharing!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170703_164815873.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	2.99 MB 
ID:	250759

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //