//ArrowChat Code

Thread: What a great investment!

--

What a great investment!

Can you imagine if you had hoarded all the take off parts in 1986??

It was a better investment than gold!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-Honda-A...Nal25E&vxp=mtr

This was Mike's at VMS; He knows his price!
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    I only wish I didn't sell off certain parts I had 20 years ago. Time to thin the herd a bit I have been doing this so long i forget what i have LOL

Ranvier is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    That’s like buying apple stock in the late 80s.....crystal ball stuff.

--
    ^You bet!! There is one guy on EBAY right now with a take out motor and he keeps listing NOS rare 250R 350X 200X type parts.

But, he knows his price!

I listed a speedo setup for a 250R that stood me 200$ and it sold in 12 hours 700$ BIN, I have multiple. Not braggin, just PSYCHED I have what I have (but wish I bought more).

Like me, I have 3 87 and 1 86 200X seat new in box, but I don't think a grand would buy it. Maybe .25 Bitcoin.

The day after Mike sold that mudflap the next ones listed seemed to go into the 350 to 500$ range USED!!

I do feel this is the time to sell some stuff, We have db/quad conversions being introduced as 3 wheelers on a daily basis and I see them taking over a good portion of the active trikes in time...

I will share a tip with you guys. Honda hasn't made a race quad since 2014 (I believe), so in time I think some of the plastic, and grommets and wear items would be a good investment.

I'm going to look into which items look very specific and will be buying some parts and HODL!! (a term for long term investment - aka - "hold on for dear life").
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

Arky-X is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Never thought prices would be like that. I don't have near the stash most of you guys/gals do but I remember buying this new take-off crap for my 350X over 20 years ago.

Engine w/carb: $100

4 engines w/o carbs for $250 ea (brother and I split this one and sold these to guys in the areas racing 250x/300ex for about $600-700 ea)

Engine w/o carbs: $300

Shock: $75

Axle: $100

Guess how many of those were bought through evilBay?
    Everyone knows what they have now and the internet market has set the price.

--
    Yes you are on the right track Steve !! everything comes desirable at some point in time but its a long term investment doesn't happen overnight but I have parked any extra money i had in parts for a long time and so far its worked out well so far worse case is the market doesn't go crazy you can always unload parts for what you paid for them I cant see many negatives.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //