//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Carburettor replacement for 84 250r

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ivan-083 View Post
    Thanks sled! I’ve brought a tonne of parts from this guy too and he is pretty cheap but it just sold! Ahhh
    I know that auction only had a couple hours left when I found the item number. Not sure how quickly you want to get your trike running again, but he will undoubtedly offer another one of these carbs. I bought one carb from him in auction and only paid $18.50 + freight.

I bought 3 of these carbs from him just for spare parts. The choke plungers are discontinued and if you can even find them those cost more than buying a complete carb

--
    Did you find a carb yet?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by sledcrazyinCT View Post
    Did you find a carb yet?
    Go my bike shop here In Perth order me a new one from south Australia!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    Did you find a carb yet?
    Bike shop said they couldn’t get one typical excuse! There is a 33 and a 34mm the ones you showed me on eBay! I did email the seller and he said the 33 is easier to tune and a better carb?
    What you guys think? Which would you buy out of the 2?

--
    Hopefully others will add their opinion. If you are concerned about the original carb boot I would suggest the 33mm carb as it will fit easier.

--
    Hopefully others will add their opinion. If you are concerned about the original carb boot I would suggest the 33mm carb as it will fit easier.
    Would it still join up to the original air box?

--
    The 34pj was stock on the 86 atc 250r. I like the idle adjustment on the PJ better .

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

--
    Quote Originally Posted by russellw971 View Post
    The 34pj was stock on the 86 atc 250r. I like the idle adjustment on the PJ better .

Thanks, have you got a second gen?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ivan-083 View Post
    Thanks, have you got a second gen?

With the pj or pwk can you use the stock throttle cable or do you need to replace it

--
    I have a 1982 that is completely stock other than tires and wheels that I ride.

--
    I am not positive on this but when I put the PJ on my 84 model I got the thumb throttle , cable , and carb as a package. I bought it off of eBay several years ago. I think you may need the thumb throttle from the PJ equipped ATC or quads . I don't think the older 3 wheeler throttles had enough travel to get the slide wide open on the PJ carbs. But it's been so long I can't remember if it was a 34 mm or a 36 mm from a cr125 that I used on it. The other 2nd gen I put one on was in 1987 or so and it was all stock from an 86 that a friend swapped to a 38mm and twist throttle.

--
    I live in a climate that has temp swings - especially this time of year. The PJ idle adjustment is made by turning the choke knob. It was a gas adjustment not an air adjustment plus doesn't require a screwdriver so you can fine tune your idle on the trail as well as richen the pilot circuit very easily.

--
    I live in a climate that has temp swings - especially this time of year. The PJ idle adjustment is made by turning the choke knob. It was a gas adjustment not an air adjustment plus doesn't require a screwdriver so you can fine tune your idle on the trail as well as richen the pilot circuit very easily.

Ok thanks for the advice, appreciate it!

--

What’s the real main difference between the pj and the pwk?

--
    Slide shape and the enricher - ( choke ) . I have a 1989 cr 500 with a pwk on it. It seems to rev quicker when in neutral. I can't tell any difference riding it. I have the stock pj carb cleaned and ready to put back on it when the pwk gives me trouble. I miss the ability to turn the enricher to speed up the idle when it's cold and slow it down when warmed and ready to ride. The pwk was supposed to have quicker throttle response but honestly I can't tell a difference in real life. Someone else may be able to. I have a stock pull off 34 mm pj ready to go for when the stock round slide on my first gen gives trouble. I don't ride dunes or drag race it . I use it on trails . It's the only ATC that I have that isn't a garage queen. I am in the planning stages of converting a 2001 yz 250 to a trike and at that point I will most likely retire the first gen and restore it.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //