//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Any Tiger harnesses or atc70 light kits floating around?

--

Any Tiger harnesses or atc70 light kits floating around?

Looking for someone to lend for a reproduction template to be built, or buy outright if it's damaged or something to make it affordable for me =).

Don't know much about the Tigers, just photos of the harness would be a step in the right direction, does a wire diagram even exist for the machine? If I had all/most of the electronics, I should be able to make my own wire diagram and post it up for use.

Anyway, figured I haven't posted in a while poking for the more rare harnesses, so here it is.

taz is offline First Time Rider Arm chair racerNew to the board
    --
    I think if you could find the can-am birt bikr model the engines are from in the tigers. I am quit sure you should be able to find a wiring diagram.

--
    hondaatc70.com sells a wire harness for the atc 70, they also sell 12 volt harnesses for the Chinese engines.

http://www.hondaatc70.com/electrical-and-lighting.html

http://www.hondaatc70.com/lighting-.html

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	45562E07-8348-4E2A-8862-57A3C0466844.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	84.0 KB 
ID:	250832

--
    Thanks for the links, didn't know someone already made them. Might have to buy one just encase they go out of business.

On the subject of Tiger 3 wheelers, I wonder just how rare they are, maybe it's a bit too rare for the reproduction efforts unless someone needed one made. Doesn't cost much to have the template notes on hand though.

--
    I sold my Tiger a few years back, the wiring is very basic. Tony Murphy has a shop in CA that supplies everything needed for those Rotax engines.

I think its cool if you want to make an atc 70 harness, not many ppl interested in providing that service. I’d buy a few of them from you, none of my 70s have lights yet.

--
    To be honest, I'd like to cover all 3 wheeler models including Yamaha, the American made trikes (if they have a replaceable harness), the Canadian one (can't remember the brand off hand), and such. I just know Honda's best so that's been my first target . Around 84-85 is a dead zone for Honda because of an out of production connector used for the CDI.

My plan was to reproduce the atc70 light kit harness since I didn't think anyone else made them. Not sure if I want to step on toes with someone else making them already (are they a 3ww member?). Besides that, there probably isn't a big market for just the harness, but it looks like hondaatc70.com also supplies a full light kit. If I get a request directly I'll make it though, my price would match theirs.

If there's any other uncommon/ semi rare harnesses out there, I wouldn't mind trying to reproduce them to make them less rare in the logic the original will still keep it's value as a collectors item and my harness is the cheap "knockoff" aftermarket product. I'm not limited to ATV's or anything, just I have most ATV connectors on hand, but I've touched a little bit into the automotive harnesses and likely save the template info for the Honda riding mower harness even though it's still in production (HT3810, HT3813, and HT4213).

--
    Any luck on the tiger harness? Any for sale ?

--
    I haven't been too actively searching for them, but no one has contacted me about any yet. I suspect they are a pretty simple harness, but never seen one either.

--
    Ok , thanks I need one but don’t have one to copy

--
    If you run across one, i'd be interested in atleast photos of it and the connectors. In theory I should be able to make it all new, but the connectors might be weird ones I don't have on hand, or can't get since the connectors I use are mainly Japanese designed.

--
    There are other bikes that use the same or very similar 250 200 cc Rotax engines. You can look them up or contact Tony Murphy in LA,CA.... he supplies and repairs All Rotax engines. He carry’s everything you need for any Rotax engine, OEM and aftermarket!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //