//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Bad day with the Carb (200x)

--

Bad day with the Carb (200x)

So I wasn't able to get my 200x to idle at all yesterday, Pulled apart the Carburetor and cleaned it, still couldn't get it to idle.... Thought to myself what is going on here? while it idles it either does it to high or not at all, then I started thinking wait it does it too high, Let me check the slide....And this is what I found. (Already ordered another carb, still riding it just can't idle have to feather the throttle to keep it running)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	28822330_2498369307055075_1240296207_o.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	625.6 KB 
ID:	250861

--
    Wow that things got a little wear ive got an interesting project i have just finished after 3 days. So what i had was a 1981 atc frame with a trx 125 with retreat, but was on a trail ride last week and run it out of oil for the probably 5-6 times i decided to get a 30 over piston, and had a parts 200m engine and took the head and cam and put it on the 125. Waiting on rtv to dry and then see if i cant shake the tires just a little

86125m is offline Got The Holeshot Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    I know the feeling Saturday I found out that my 200x tank had a leak and was almost rotted out fun times.

--
    What carb did you order? Offshore on EBAY?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'83 200X

Chicks love guys that ride trikes

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Canadian View Post
    What carb did you order? Offshore on EBAY?
    It was from Ebay. It was located in the USA though should be getting it by Friday.

--
    I had the same issue. Ordered a cheapo carb off EBay. What I did was just took the slide out of the new carb and but it in my OEM one.

Those cheapo carbs jets are usually too small. Some have had good luck with just putting the carb on and go. I see you have cleaned your carb in another post. I would stick with the OEM carb.

Also heard of guys filing it down and building it up with solder on the ramp. Not for me.

IF you use the cheapo carb I have heard of the choke plate screws falling out. = engine damage. Locktite those screws...
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'83 200X

Chicks love guys that ride trikes

86125m is offline Got The Holeshot Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Yes for Gods sake lock tight those screws I’ve had 3 engines lock up because those screws found their way Into may head.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Canadian View Post
    I had the same issue. Ordered a cheapo carb off EBay. What I did was just took the slide out of the new carb and but it in my OEM one.

Those cheapo carbs jets are usually too small. Some have had good luck with just putting the carb on and go. I see you have cleaned your carb in another post. I would stick with the OEM carb.

Also heard of guys filing it down and building it up with solder on the ramp. Not for me.

IF you use the cheapo carb I have heard of the choke plate screws falling out. = engine damage. Locktite those screws...
    Yeah I'll probably just use the slide from the new carb if I can get away with it.

--
    Call me crazy, but I don't get what you are showing in your picture. What is wrong with the slide? You're not worried about the dent from the idle screw are you?

New carbs from e-bay can be a bit of a crap-shoot.

Have you removed all the jets and made sure that all the passages are open? (blow air in one spot and make sure it comes out in another)
    - Frank

1984 200ES Big Red
    1985 350X (x2)
    1986 350X
    1986 250SX
    1984 Auto-X
    1984 ATC70
    1985 ATC70

--
    Is it worth getting a Chinese xr 200 carb for my 200x?

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //