//ArrowChat Code

Thread: PVL Ignition for 2nd Generation 250R?

--

PVL Ignition for 2nd Generation 250R?

I'm wondering if anyone has tried a PVL ignition on a 2nd (or even 1st) generation ATC 250R? Penton Racing doesn't list one specifically for them, but I'm thinking the ATC engine is based on the CR 250 so the latter might work. Maybe for the 1980 model year, which is right before they went water cooled. Hopefully someone has done this upgrade. Thanks.

HondaRidr is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I have seen a 78-80 cr250 in person and I remember thinking the cylinder looked an awful lot like a foolers. So basically I support your theory that they are based on the earlier cr's haha.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

--
    There once was a time where the 1981-1984 250Rs could easily have this upgrade.... I had one

Rest in peace Rex Carlson

--
    Quote Originally Posted by firefirefire90 View Post
    There once was a time where the 1981-1984 250Rs could easily have this upgrade.... I had one

Is that a Motoplat?

--
    I am 90 % sure that is motoplat and not PVL. No rev limiter and quick way to smoke your cylinder.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    who needs a rev limiter . Sorry for my mistake, PVL is basically motoplat with a cdi, instead of having the spark is dependent on speed of crank rotation, yeah?
    Rest in peace Rex Carlson

--
    Quote Originally Posted by yaegerb View Post
    I am 90 % sure that is motoplat and not PVL. No rev limiter and quick way to smoke your cylinder.
    Not sure how the atv 2 strokes are normally, but for chain saws you tune the carb to the max rpm you want the engine to go (while under a load if I remember right). Most have rev limiters, but you tune them 200-300rpm under the limiter. My dad's been getting into building up chainsaws lately so heard it second hand.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //