//ArrowChat Code

Thread: High rev in 4th and 5th (200x)

--

High rev in 4th and 5th (200x)

So last night a friend of mine came over and was helping me wrench on the 200x a little bit. He set the throttle needle to middle position however today when I rode it, it high revs in 4th and 5th gear. If you shift into 4th and hold the throttle halfway it's okay but when you crack the throttle it just goes high and doesn't really take off like it should, if you shift into 5th it does the same thing. Is it getting to much gas when I crack the throttle in these gears. Could him adjusting the needle have caused this issue?

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    No, your clutch is slipping. First step is lube and adjust the cable. If it still slips, ensure you have the correct kind of oil in the engine. It must be ATV or motorcycle oil, car engine oil will cause the clutch to fail. If all else fails, time to replace the clutch.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Are you sure it’s not just your clutch slipping ?
    78 atc 90/180cc Dickson Full Suspension
    76 ATC90/180cc Nicholson
    77 atc 90 Dickson Full Suspension
    84 KLT 110/123cc Powroll Racer from 80s
    87 atc 125m stock
    84 atc 200x Curtis Sparks
    84 atc 200x Powroll My race bike from 80's
    83 atc70/108cc Powroll blue Xmas Special
    81 atc185s HP-ATC full suspension

Performance Shop is Open PM me for Service

My Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck+shortline10

--
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    No, your clutch is slipping. First step is lube and adjust the cable. If it still slips, ensure you have the correct kind of oil in the engine. It must be ATV or motorcycle oil, car engine oil will cause the clutch to fail. If all else fails, time to replace the clutch.
    Well I think you nailed it....I put oil in it but it wasn't motorcycle oil, it was all I could get at the time... Well off to Walmart I go then to get the proper oil...I'll let you guys know tomorrow when I am able to test it..

Are you sure it’s not just your clutch slipping ?
    From what fabiodriven said I'm thinking now it is, I'll let you guys know tomorrow, thanks for both your help.

--
    Well guys, it was the oil. Runs fine now and doesn't slip anymore, thanks a lot guys....Love this forum.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion200x View Post
    Well guys, it was the oil. Runs fine now and doesn't slip anymore, thanks a lot guys....Love this forum.
    I highly advise obtaining a manual from Oscar Mayer online.

http://www.oscarmayer.net/atc/manuals/
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    Quote Originally Posted by yaegerb View Post
    I highly advise obtaining a manual from Oscar Mayer online.

http://www.oscarmayer.net/atc/manuals/
    Already have the manual it was the first thing I looked for when I bought the trike.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //