//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Yamaha ytm 175 or 200 cant remember high uncontrollable idle

--

Yamaha ytm 175 or 200 cant remember high uncontrollable idle

hey guys im back at it again

got out to the shop today after a long winter to do yearly service on my wheeler
    oil changed spark carb cleaned the slide was stuck

got it running again but the dang thing will not take on a low idle it idles steady like it would at about 1/4ish throttle
    for giggles i hopped on it popped it into first i ended up doing a cat walk and could not stop i hit the kill switch

so my thought was to mess with the adjustments noting changed so i tried choking it with my hand actually raised the rpm

cracking the throttle actually seems like it is working properly just at extreme rpms

so guys what are your thoughts on this

picture for you guys while i was camping
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 29026115_1603458013022782_2119056079806529536_o.jpg  

--
    First off, I'm pretty sure that you have a 200. If it's a two stroke, then it's a 175. If it's a four stroke, it's a 200. Second, it sounds like you have the slide in backwards (I'm not the most up to date on Yamahas and I think you can do this like on a Honda). Try turning it around and see if that helps your idle.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 350for350 View Post
    First off, I'm pretty sure that you have a 200. If it's a two stroke, then it's a 175. If it's a four stroke, it's a 200. Second, it sounds like you have the slide in backwards (I'm not the most up to date on Yamahas and I think you can do this like on a Honda). Try turning it around and see if that helps your idle.
    it is a four stroke and the ramp of the slide sits on the adjustment screw like it should for giggles i might try and flip it or spin it

--
    Quote Originally Posted by cblaise View Post
    it is a four stroke and the ramp of the slide sits on the adjustment screw like it should for giggles i might try and flip it or spin it
    Don't turn it, it's in correctly, sounds like a plugged pilot jet to me..

--
    I pulled both jets the brass was clean I'm gonna try soaking the carb

--
    It does run with choke and without choke choke will give it more rpms about 500 more just guessing cos I do not have a tach still got to check for vacuum leaks

--
    Quote Originally Posted by cblaise View Post
    I pulled both jets the brass was clean I'm gonna try soaking the carb
    Do you have a compressor? You need to blow air through all your passages and jets after soaking them.. can't remember what type of filter system those have but that would also be worth checking and cleaning..
    Do you have a manual? If not you need to get one.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by DAM shop View Post
    Do you have a compressor? You need to blow air through all your passages and jets after soaking them.. can't remember what type of filter system those have but that would also be worth checking and cleaning..
    Do you have a manual? If not you need to get one.
    no compressor i have a inline filter that is clear i do have to change that this year as this is the 2nd year that is has been on the trails since 2000ish i rescued it from a farmers field was running fine last fall i have not had time to mess with it yet ill update you guys when i get back out to it

--
    Check you manifold for cracks while your in there.
    It sucks to get old

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //