//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What do you use as a penetration fluid?

--

What do you use as a penetration fluid?

I have found a new one that I love. Made by Wurth. Called Injector-EX. I used it the other day and love it. It is $$$ (25 bucks a can)

OK back a while ago I used Pretune . It was a product by Toyota that has been discontinued. It was well known as a great product via any forum. Contacted the maker and nothing. This stuff was AWESOME. BUT no longer available.

I used Injector-EX on a stubborn 02 sensor. Trust me. I was thinking I was going to mess up the threads getting it out... Minor work and it came out easy.

Not sure how it would compare to other fluids or oils. I know you have your own.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'83 200X

Chicks love guys that ride trikes

--
    Usually blaster, unfortunately the smell almost makes me hurl so i spray and disappear.
    Ive never tried but heard acetone mixed with transmission fluid is very good penetrate.
    Guys around saltwater use a product called Freeze off.
    Last edited by fieldy; 03-11-2018 at 03:12 AM.

--
    I'm sold on kroil. The oil that creeps.
    • 1985 Honda 250SX
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1986 Honda 250R

“I Love The 350x. It’s So Bad”

My Feedback Link!

--
    X2, only thing on my shelf is kroil
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    Open and shut smells great and works really good

125Mmadness is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Ultra Lube for now. Seems to work ok. I got a free can and thought i'd try it out, definetely works better then wd-40, smells better too. I'd like to get some kroil but no place around me sells it so i would have to order it online.
    1985 ATC125M: Parts
    1985 ATC200S: 84 200S Bottem end, 200x Head, 200x Carb, S&S Cycle Exhaust, Wiseco 10.25:1 Piston, Reground Cam with About 1mm more lift(unknown specs).
    1988 TRX250X
    1983 ATC200E: Total Pile.

"Bout Tree Fiddy" Master of Thy 22RE

--
    Can’t beat kroil by far the best I’ve ever used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    Coconut oil.

I use coconut oil when I'm getting ready to penetrate her. Safe for both partners and extremely effective

Oh you meant for rusty nuts and bolts? Kroil all the way. Our shop buys it by the case.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

--
    PB Blaster, Liquid Wrench, Lube-E, whatever is cheapest. All 3 work similar, I'd say PB works a little better the LW, and Lube-E is off brand stuff that works ok. WD-40 isn't exactly a Penetrating fluid, it's more for water displacement (aka the WD part of the name), and general purpose lube.

If I remember it right, diesel fuel + some sort of thin oil makes a good home made penetrating fluid. Never tried it, but probably tons cheaper making it by the gallon lol.

When the bolts/nuts are really rusted up... remember I'm in Michigan, one of the worst salt states... heat is sometimes the best penetrating fluid out there. Heat to cherry red and take the bolt/nut off. Works great for leaf spring bolts on trucks, never had one break or not come off yet. It can de-temper the metal though, so if it needs to be a hardened bolt, replace it afterwards.

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondatcs View Post
    I'm sold on kroil. The oil that creeps.
    What he said ^^

As noted by others, WD40 is not a penetrating oil. I have no clue where everybody seems to get that idea.
    I have PB Blaster, Liquid Wrench and 2 or 3 other penetrating oils in my cabinet. All of them have slowly migrated to the back of the cabinet. Kroil is in front.

I don't know of anybody local that sells it, I buy it online.

ETA:
    Quote Originally Posted by ps2fixer View Post
    When the bolts/nuts are really rusted up... remember I'm in Michigan, one of the worst salt states... heat is sometimes the best penetrating fluid out there. Heat to cherry red and take the bolt/nut off. Works great for leaf spring bolts on trucks, never had one break or not come off yet. It can de-temper the metal though, so if it needs to be a hardened bolt, replace it afterwards.
    Last edited by Scootertrash; 03-18-2018 at 08:52 AM. Reason: Because I can...
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Nobody has mentioned CRC Freeze Off. I've had a lot of luck with that.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Nobody has mentioned CRC Freeze Off. I've had a lot of luck with that.
    Fieldy had mentioned freeze off in #2. I have heard good things about it like you mentioned.
    • 1985 Honda 250SX
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1986 Honda 250R

“I Love The 350x. It’s So Bad”

My Feedback Link!

--
    Some info from another forum that I found:

Penetrating Oils Compared

Machinist's Workshop magazine actually tested penetrants for break
    out torque on rusted nuts. Significant results! They arranged a subjective

test of all the popular penetrants with the control being the torque
    required to remove the nut from a "scientifically rusted" environment.

Penetrating oil .......... Average load
    None ..................... 516 pounds
    WD-40 .................... 238 pounds
    PB Blaster ............... 214 pounds
    Liquid Wrench ............ 127 pounds
    Kano Kroil ............... 106 pounds
    ATF-Acetone mix............ 53 pounds

The Automatic Transmission fluid (ATF)-Acetone mix was a "home brew" mix
    of 50 - 50 automatic
    transmission fluid and acetone.

Note the "home brew" was better than any commercial product in this

one particular test. A local machinist group mixed up a batch and all now
    use it with equally good results. Note also that "Liquid Wrench" is about
    as good as "Kroil" for about 20% of the price.

^ info I found while looking up stuff. Heat is good in certain things. We have a freezing type spray at work. (I used it but did not find it all that good) Seems I can get kroil online here. Nothing in stores. Thinking of doing my rear swingarm bushings in the future. Delrin bushings. Spare swingarm bolt. Get all my ducks inline for the job.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'83 200X

Chicks love guys that ride trikes

--
    That's an interesting write up. Does it say how much time between spraying the bolt and breaking it loose? PB blaster isn't instant acting, it needs to sit 10-15mins to work better. Of course my rusted bolts are like rust welded in that case, or very heavy pitting from 20+ years of road salt. I wonder what size of bolt it was, 516 ft-lbs of torque is quite a lot, had to be like a 1in+ bolt, probably bigger to be more consistent on the results. I'll have to try to mix up some atf + acetone, I think the mix I heard of before was diesel + atf but it's been ages since I've seen the post on it.

--
    It also helps to heat something to "hot" not "cherry red" and then spray your penetrating oil on it to cool it down. It also helps the penetrant to penetrate faster.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //