//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: ATC 125m rich condition possible float level issue?

86125m is offline Got The Holeshot Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    typically I would say 94 ohms would be close enough for navy work as my electronics professor says. But have you actually physically inspected the pulse generator as I have had bikes in the past that the generator has ohmed out but the actual generator was broken.

--
    and have you considered that it might just be time for an engine overhaul.

--
    Yes I have visually inspected the generator and it looked normal to me. I did not notice anything broken. I also have considered an engine overhaul. I actually have already had the head and cylinder off already to inspect everything. I was thinking maybe the intake valve was leaking by but I tested it and it didn't leak at all. Both valves were in good shape. The cylinder and piston and rings looked mint also. Back when I did a compression test, I had around 165-170psi. The manual says the spec is 177.8 plus or minus 21.3, so I fall right within that spec. The service limit is 128 according to the manual also.

--
    OK.......... I'm getting confused with all the other stuff. Black smoke and a sputtering/flooding condition exist right? It clears up after some normal throttle operation right? More importantly........it stops doing it after the fuel valve is off right? When you inspect the plugs are they black like a running rich condition? The exact same condition happens with your friends carb right? and not on his right?

Remove the gas cap on your tank and see if it does the same thing....or if it acts in any way different.

edit...... better yet, if you can bypass the tank all together...try that.

--
    Do you happen to have trash in your fuel tank cause that can also cause problems. Try an in-line fuel filter.

--
    I tried removing the gas cap and I even put my buddies fuel tank on and it still has the rich condition lol. Its a weird issue... My tank is spotless on the inside. Im probably going to have to go through all of the wiring.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //