//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Tri-moto 225 stator cover

--

Question Tri-moto 225 stator cover

New to 3 wheelers and looking for some insight. Asked yesterday about what could cause my starter gears to be stuck ...Today Im asking about tearing into that. I have a puller, service manual and new gasket coming... but was wondering if the 225dx runs a wet or dry on the left side flyweel and stator? If its wet (which I assume) could I prop the trike on its side a bit to keep the oil from draining out? Or should I just drain it all first. I just did an oil and filter change 2 weeks ago and would hate to waste the yamalube. Thanks

--
    Quote Originally Posted by wb225dx View Post
    New to 3 wheelers and looking for some insight. Asked yesterday about what could cause my starter gears to be stuck ...Today Im asking about tearing into that. I have a puller, service manual and new gasket coming... but was wondering if the 225dx runs a wet or dry on the left side flyweel and stator? If its wet (which I assume) could I prop the trike on its side a bit to keep the oil from draining out? Or should I just drain it all first. I just did an oil and filter change 2 weeks ago and would hate to waste the yamalube. Thanks
    Not sure about wet or dry but....

Throw a clean pan under it to catch the oil that you drained out and just put it back in the motor after you're done and buttoned back up. Personally, I'd just put new oil in it but as recent as it was changed, you might be alright as long as you don't get dirt or particulate in it while draining

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

YamaBoss is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    It’s a wet stator, but very little oil is actually in there. I don’t even put a pan under mine when I take the cover off.

--
    Glad to see you got yourself a manual.. lets us know if you have any other questions once inside..

--
    thanks for the reply...will keep that noted for the future. I went ahead and drained the motor to be safe...but managed to keep the oil clean so I can reuse it.

--
    will do...thanks for the reply

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ironchop View Post
    Not sure about wet or dry but....

Throw a clean pan under it to catch the oil that you drained out and just put it back in the motor after you're done and buttoned back up. Personally, I'd just put new oil in it but as recent as it was changed, you might be alright as long as you don't get dirt or particulate in it while draining

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk
    Thanks...I managed to keep the oil clean...and will try to get it back in the bike. If not...I'll grab some new.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //