//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 1986 250SX Front Forks

--

1986 250SX Front Forks

I noticed a little bit of fork oil toward the bottom of the left fork and it kinda looks like the seal is a a little oily but not too much. I am pretty sure it is the original fork seals and fork oil in there. I turned the drain plug on bottom and the oil looked pretty old.

So that being said can someone tell me the best way to remove forks drain clean and replace seals springs etc ?
    My first time doing this. Thanks.
    ♠ 58 ♠

▓ ▓
    Ride 3

--
    Well, go bounce it around riding it for an hour to warm up the oil, then use the 10mm bolt to drain it and refill from the top using fork oil and a glass (Pyrex) container with ounces on it.

Seals are pretty involved if your missing certain tools/etc. The seals cost about 40$ for both sides and another 10$ in oil.

I recommend watching a video on seal replacement before thinking you can do it; Just be prepared Andy....
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Steve for some odd reason I can only reply in advanced mode with the latest firefox browser

anyway I sent you a PM. Thanks
    ♠ 58 ♠

▓ ▓
    Ride 3

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //