//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ATC350X Goki integrated Wire harnees

--

ATC350X Goki integrated Wire harnees

I've completed a prototype harness to integrate the Goki wiring into the 350x main harness and using a Honda made diode (rectifier) for battery charging. This was for a customer that contacted me to build this for them, was wondering if there was much more interest.

Handle bar switch is a Honda built part rewired for the 350x/Goki setup
    Diode/Rectifier is Honda part number 31700-124-008
    The blue and yellow wires are terminated as bullet connections in the main harness so it is standardized across different layouts. I could make a Goki stater button sub harness to use instead of the Honda switch and such. Same goes for the solenoid wires and battery charge wire (customer in this case is using a Honda solenoid instead of the Goki one).

It's a bit pricey with the Honda parts involved, around $200 total. Without the Honda switch and a Goki sub harness it would be around $160. Once I receive my supply order in I could make some of these. Anyone interested in them? Besides the cleaner install, the diode is wired in using standard connectors, so if it ever does burn out, you'd just have to replace the diode. The Honda switches are nice and function correctly as they should for the machine. This would only be for the small wiring, the battery cables would still have to run the same way as the Goki instructions, and I currently am not setup to make the battery cables.

Post questions, comments, or interest. Thanks!

Note: Images are of the harness not fully wrapped, but was right after I tested it on my 350x to validation functions all work correctly.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wire Diagram 350w goki.png   IMG_20180316_201917_019.jpg   IMG_20180316_202128_300.jpg   IMG_20180316_201822_339.jpg  
    Last edited by ps2fixer; 03-18-2018 at 12:23 AM.

--
    Nice.
    This set up makes way more sense than the standard Goki set up.
    When I did mine I used the same switch(at least it looks the same) from a 400 EX. Took a while to figure out what wire should go to what, and I didn't have plug ins. It was all wire to wire then soldered. Your system would have made it much more easy and would have saved a lot of time.

Now if someone could find the right pinion spring for the starters more of these starters could get put back to use !
    YAMAHA 450 HYBRID
    85 350X- RED
    85 350x -BLACK
    86 350x-WHITE (with Goki)
    85 250r
    83 atc 70
    84 atc 70
    84 atc 110
    09 yfz 450
    2006 Arctic Cat Prowler
    RZR XP 900

--
    A small starter/alternator rebuild shop could probably find the spring. I'm pretty sure the one near me went out of business though since replacing starters/alternators is most commonplace than rebuilding them.

The switches have the power wire spliced together with the black wire going to the starter button. If you rewire it yourself, it should be isolated or else the positive battery power would be shorting though the alternator and causing a larger draw on the battery than needed. It would probably work fine, but might kill the alternator over time, or maybe melt wires if a long crank is needed. Basically you want to keep battery 12v isolated from the white/yellow wire on the 350x (that's what the diode does so it can charge one way but not draw the other way).

In my spare time I'm messing around trying to reproduce the 350x wire diagram to include the diode, starter, battery, and solenoid setup. Not sure if I'll get it completed or not, but hoping I can. Should be a good reference even for people with the standard Goki setup to follow.

Not really out to bash Goki or anything, but if the photos of the one I've seen are what they all are like, the wire harness on them was poorly built. Is the photo below their factory crimp job or some sort of repair job? The insulation doesn't have a crimp on it. For that kind of terminal heat shrink should have been used to give strain relief and it looks like the crimps were not tight enough or just plain the terminals was made for much bigger wire.

Too bad there isn't a good option for a handle bar switch assembly with out the starter button that has the correct kill switch operation. Same for the 250sx/es switches (I think there is one but it's like $90 from Honda + has to be rewired).

While researching for this project, I've seen people posting about 250r and 200s installs. Is there a list of what machines they offered the kit on? Probably about impossible to find the instruction booklet for all of the models, but maybe I could try to keep the electrical parts in stock for these kits since the company doesn't exist any more. I suspect the 350x was the most common machine with goki, not real sure what 2nd most common would be, 250r maybe?

I'm kind of shocked I haven't seen talk about the Goki kit + ignition switch setups. I've done that adapter before for the 350x, I need to make another batch of them since there seems to be a bit of a demand for them.

--
    I added an altered 350x wire diagram to the first post to show the overall wiring with the goki installed. Starter switch colors are based on use with the trx400ex switches, but the wiring is the same for the goki stock switch, just the wires go directly to it and don't change color. Let me know if you spot any mistakes.

--
    There was a list on a website of all the kits they offered, I never saw one for a 250r. I think one of the main reasons you don't see more of them on 350X's is they just aren't all that durable, mainly the ring gear.
    YAMAHA 450 HYBRID
    85 350X- RED
    85 350x -BLACK
    85 250r
    83 atc 70
    84 atc 70
    84 atc 110
    09 yfz 450
    2006 Arctic Cat Prowler
    RZR XP 900

--
    I've seen one on a air cooled R
    If its on the internet its got to be true they can't put any lie's on the internet

--
    Yea, before I did this project I knew they were not counted as the most reliable setup, but for someone that needs or wants electric start, it's the best option they have. On the 250r thing, maybe the person that mentioned it was thinking of the FL250 but called it a 250r just because it's 2 stroke. Sadly that's some of the harnesses I don't have yet, all of the FL series.

dman10 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    If I had the money in my pocket for it I sure would.
    Quote Originally Posted by tri again View Post
    Cool stuff seems to happen when I'm sleeping.
    Nice to know things happen without me.

--
    Here's the first completed kit with a bit of custom additions (Honda made handle bar switch set with starter button, and he's using a Honda starer solenoid so the yellow/blue sub harness wires are a little different than the Goki default setup). He said he'd send me installed pics once he gets everything, I'll post here when I get them, kind of excited to see them lol.

The Honda relay he's using is part number 35850-HM8-A41 if anyone was wondering. Don't forget the washers/nuts and mounting hardware doesn't come with it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20180331_170819_393.jpg  

Ranvier is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Awesome product.

--
    One thing I did discover when I did my goki is that I used a switch from a later model 400ex because it was half the price of one for an early model. It ended up complicating things because the later models have a extra wiring circuit for the reverse safety lock out. The early years were more simple to figure out.
    YAMAHA 450 HYBRID
    85 350X- RED
    85 350x -BLACK
    85 250r
    83 atc 70
    84 atc 70
    84 atc 110
    09 yfz 450
    2006 Arctic Cat Prowler
    RZR XP 900

--
    Quote Originally Posted by BOB MARLIN View Post
    One thing I did discover when I did my goki is that I used a switch from a later model 400ex because it was half the price of one for an early model. It ended up complicating things because the later models have a extra wiring circuit for the reverse safety lock out. The early years were more simple to figure out.
    Interesting, I have the 400x model labeled as a possible source (and like the last year of the 400ex), but I ended up finding a different switch first. Just a quick glimpse at it and I thought they looked nearly the same. I'll probably try the 400x switch next time I buy them since the housing/switches look exactly the same and are cheaper. I don't mind the multi meter time if needed to figure out how things work. I suspect the reverse safety switch is inline with something which I'd be cutting out anyway =). I literately strip the wiring down to the bare wires and rebuild accordingly. Either way, good info to know, thanks!

--

Problem

Quote Originally Posted by ps2fixer View Post
    Here's the first completed kit with a bit of custom additions (Honda made handle bar switch set with starter button, and he's using a Honda starer solenoid so the yellow/blue sub harness wires are a little different than the Goki default setup). He said he'd send me installed pics once he gets everything, I'll post here when I get them, kind of excited to see them lol.

The Honda relay he's using is part number 35850-HM8-A41 if anyone was wondering. Don't forget the washers/nuts and mounting hardware doesn't come with it.
    I’m having problems with the kit that I bought...for starters it has a 4point rectifier. Number 2, I’m getting way too much power to the vr...any help?

--
    A 4 wire rectifier is what's called a full wave rectifier. The ground on the input and output can't be shared or the same. If you're running the Goki starter system you can't run a full wave rectifier with out some pretty major mods. The standard setup is the 2 wire voltage regulator (no rectifier) and the black box diode as I call it is a half wave rectifier purely used to charge the battery.

For the too much power issue, you have to have a voltage regulator rated for 200w+ which isn't common for single phase (2 wires from the engine, or 1 wire + internally grounded like the 350x uses). The voltage regulator's job is to short out and create heat from the excess voltage, it's effectively a "smart" space heater to eat up extra power.

I'm not seeing your 3ww user in my notes for goki harness kits sold. Maybe it was direct via email? If you don't have one of my harnesses, what "kit" did you buy and from where? I need the details to make sense of what you're working with. Also I assumed you have a 350x, if not then I need to know year and model too. Also goals with what you're trying to do, like rectify AC power to DC for running LED's.

--
    Another great product, your stuff is top notch!

IDK if they find you, but I send all kinds of people from Facebook to you, I wish you would use text, you're missing sales...

All I can tell them is to join 3WW and PM you, they don't want to deal with email.

These guys want instant sales, I've confirmed it numerous times
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //